How to move apps to sd card ?

Search This thread

dragoncurt

Apr 23, 2014
I have looked a lot of forums and YouTube videos but still know actually good way to move all my apps to SD card , I have cm11 4.4.3 and my storage is soon going to run out on my internal storage. I know is a frequent question about moving apps to SD but I really can not find a good way that works yet . Thank you

Dragoncurt

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dragoncurt

Apr 23, 2014
Hi I am using link2sd card but this shows up . and thank you both for the help .

Attachments

• 1403190403983.jpg
    1403190403983.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 102
Hi I am using link2sd card but this shows up . and thank you both for the help .

That's exactly why I recommend GL to SD. It's the only program that doesn't require you to partition your external sd card in any way.
You can also try FolderMount, but if you wanna have more than 2 binds, you have to buy it. Whereas GL to SD is free and fully functional. Paid version just removes the adds, which for me is almost nothing :)

Sent from my "Black Beauty" using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dragoncurt

Apr 23, 2014
Is this right

Attachments

• 1403196809220.jpg
    1403196809220.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 72
Is this right

Yes. Now I see that you've got other stuff there as well other than games. Tap the button in the right top corner and select "move data" option. Now you should see all of the programs, which are movable to the external sd card. Just select the ones you want to move and hit "Move".
If there are apps on the list from the picture you posted, which you don't want to be there just tap and hold the app's name and select "Remove" option. Your app is still on your phone, but it won't show up in GL to SD and confuse you if it's on the internal or the external memory.

REMEMBER to always launch moved apps from GL to SD app or they'll just want to download their data again if they are launched the normal way!

dragoncurt

Apr 23, 2014
Does that mean then the all is on the SD card or not then I don't won't to open that app up every time just to go on my other apps if you know what I mean

Does that mean then the all is on the SD card or not then I don't won't to open that app up every time just to go on my other apps if you know what I mean

If you want to open the apps on the sd card you need to open them via gl to sd. When you want to open an app on your phone memory you open it from the app drawer.

Sent from my "Black Beauty" using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

factorexh

Feb 1, 2013
you can move apps to sd with novafusion's cm11. its new changelog. yesterday or day before yesterday dont know exactly but i can move apps to sd right now