KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/Charging Station[FULL REVIEW] >>>.LOTS OF PICS<<<

Search This thread

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill

FULL REVIEW

This is the KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/ Charging Station customed designed to fit the HTC ONE X both WITH and WITHOUT CASES on.

The following are pictures showing the dock dimentions, shipping package (review unit), usb cable (Samsung?), and how the dock fits with and without a case on

REVIEW

Look and Feel
After constantly using the dock for the past few days, I must admit this: this dock looks amazing. Its form and design flows with the shape of the One X, and its borders are not restricting, but also curves to create round edges that really adds on to the look of this dock. Its construction is 100% plastic, but there is a little premium feel to it with its glossy lip and matte sides. Though I do not understand fully as to why there is a back piece jutting out so much, it does indeed provide the support for when the phone is placed on top.

Usability:
Advertised as the case fit version, it came with a plastic piece of adapter to be used when your phone is naked. The fit when case-less is perfect, with the polycarbonate body of the HOX just reaching the point where it would touch the plastic stand.

I was, however, very delighted to see that when the plastic adapter was taken off, the KIDIGI dock adapted all cases that I had, which was an OTTERBOX DEFENDER, and a Nillkin TPU case. The Otterbox when fitted, provided a very tight fit against the sides of the dock, where as the Nillkin left a little space, though both fit the dock perfectly. Thus, it is safe to say that any sort of case you have, would definitely fit on this dock.

It was a breeze to just dock my phone, and charge it, or simply to transfer data to my laptop. Though dock mode won’t activate by itself, this can be easily solved by using dock simulator from the play store.

Cons:
There was only one little thing that I didn’t quite like about this dock. When the phone was docked, it was quite wobbly. Yes, I know that the only link between the phone and the dock is the connector, but extra space around the front and back were a bit excessively left, and this happens both with a case and without.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, for the price and the amount of use it offers, I would definitely recommend this to any who is looking for a great looking, adaptable dock.

Feel free to ask any questions about the dock

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,688
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,604
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,614
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,562
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,679
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,628
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,585
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,524
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,509
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,507
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,536
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,526
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,524
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,492
Last edited:

patriotaus

Apr 30, 2008
So all it is, is a bit of plastic to prop it up, while allowing it to charge via usb?

Is there anything that uses the gold connectors?

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
So all it is, is a bit of plastic to prop it up, while allowing it to charge via usb?

nothing just yet. wait for the official htc one. BTW, those pin connector are loose, and ur phone can be easily knocked off.. Since you are only placing the phone on the small connectors.

magic_moe_

Aug 16, 2010
www.youtube.com
Sony Xperia 1 V
THAT is a good thing to hear. Have you tried watching movies while charging through that? Does the phone heat up? Also, how long does it take to charge through the dock?

Of course, works perfect. Playing Games too, everything for that matter.
Well, while playing heavy games it does heat up, but thats normal.
Didn't stop time from 0% to 100%, but I think it's the same with like any AC charger out there...

maarten00

Jan 11, 2011

What do you need gold connectors for? You realize these are all digital connections right? 0's And 1's will still be 0's and 1's, even through a gold connector.

Donald24

Aug 30, 2007
Friedrichshafen
What you will have to consider is that the HDMI-cradle does not fastcharge your device, regardless what mod you make to your charger/cable. It disconnects the shortened data pins in the MHL/HDMI-path again, and only does USB-charging.
Furthermore no regular USB-connection is possible to your PC.

Expansys shipped the HDMI-version though I ordered the USB one. Been thinking about swapping it, because I need to fastcharge.

fletchem

Apr 13, 2012
Re "gold connectors"... I think he means the pogo pins.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Last edited:

chrishull85

Jul 31, 2008
Picked one of these up and I'm pretty pleased with it, especially as I can use it while my rock case is on the puone...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
REVIEW UNIT DOCK ARRIVED TODAY, WILL UPDATE OP WITH FULL REVIEW AND PICS AFTER MORNING EXAMS :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

f4rell09

Mar 16, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
REVIEW IS NOW IN PROGRESS, Enjoy the pics while I test this stuff out.

This is the KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/ Charging Station customed designed to fit the HTC ONE X both WITH and WITHOUT CASES on.

The following are pictures showing the dock dimentions, shipping package (review unit), usb cable (Samsung?), and how the dock fits with and without a case on

Where did u get it from..i have been looking to get one myself..but couldnt find a good price..coz i'm located in the U.K...thanks....

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
Where did u get it from..i have been looking to get one myself..but couldnt find a good price..coz i'm located in the U.K...thanks....

if u are in the uk, on the first page of this threas, someone shared a link to a ebay uk seller for 10 . check it out

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26921607

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FULL REVIEW

REVIEW

Look and Feel
    After constantly using the dock for the past few days, I must admit this: this dock looks amazing. Its form and design flows with the shape of the One X, and its borders are not restricting, but also curves to create round edges that really adds on to the look of this dock. Its construction is 100% plastic, but there is a little premium feel to it with its glossy lip and matte sides. Though I do not understand fully as to why there is a back piece jutting out so much, it does indeed provide the support for when the phone is placed on top.

Usability:
    Advertised as the case fit version, it came with a plastic piece of adapter to be used when your phone is naked. The fit when case-less is perfect, with the polycarbonate body of the HOX just reaching the point where it would touch the plastic stand.

I was, however, very delighted to see that when the plastic adapter was taken off, the KIDIGI dock adapted all cases that I had, which was an OTTERBOX DEFENDER, and a Nillkin TPU case. The Otterbox when fitted, provided a very tight fit against the sides of the dock, where as the Nillkin left a little space, though both fit the dock perfectly. Thus, it is safe to say that any sort of case you have, would definitely fit on this dock.

It was a breeze to just dock my phone, and charge it, or simply to transfer data to my laptop. Though dock mode won’t activate by itself, this can be easily solved by using dock simulator from the play store.

Cons:
    There was only one little thing that I didn’t quite like about this dock. When the phone was docked, it was quite wobbly. Yes, I know that the only link between the phone and the dock is the connector, but extra space around the front and back were a bit excessively left, and this happens both with a case and without.

Would I recommend it?
    Yes, for the price and the amount of use it offers, I would definitely recommend this to any who is looking for a great looking, adaptable dock.

Feel free to ask any questions about the dock
    what about any clear tpu cases on the phone? do they still fit?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yes it fits perfectly