Search This thread

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
Now that this issue has been somewhat figured out, is there any way for the devs to work this into a rom? For those of us not so comfortable with boot.img's and such? I feel plenty comfortable flashing roms and modems but a lil scared to mess with editing files like build.prop and boot.img, ya know. Hey, it may be easy and safe but id rather not risk it.

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
Hi,

In the past few weeks, I was busy and I am sorry for taking me so long to replay to you guys. A week ago, I was able to extract boot.img file and change it to Odin flashable (boot.tar). I had Jedi Master 14 and flashed the boot.tar file through Odin. I couldnt make the AllShare Cast to work.

So, I have another solution and I am hoping someone out there do it for me as a tester.

Steps:
1. Go back to totally Stock ROM
2. Connect to your AllShare cast dongle
3. If the dongle needs any updates then please make sure its upto date
4. Root your device
5. Try to connect to Allshare cast dongle. [If it didnt work]
6. Use Triangle Away and try again. [if it didnt work]
7. Flash the attached file (boot-stock-bmd1-SGHT889.tar) using Odin then use Triangle away again.
8. Try to connect. [If it didnt work] then that means we are screwed and most probably they fixed the glitch. :crying:

Thanks in advanced..... please pm me about the results :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• boot-stock-bmd1-SGHT889.tar
    5.8 MB · Views: 18

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
I'll try the attachment on wifes phone, currently having issues linking to all share cast....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: jamalkhaffaf

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
I'll try the attachment on wifes phone, currently having issues linking to all share cast....

ya me too. hopfully today i will have time to revert to stock then test and go from there. Thanks anyway for helping. Let me know what happens with you.

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
ya me too. hopfully today i will have time to revert to stock then test and go from there. Thanks anyway for helping. Let me know what happens with you.

Ok guys finally its working with the new 4.1.2 MD1 firmware. I will edit OP soon. From now on i will support only stock firmware. If anyone wanna go to other custom firmwares then that's your concern.

Check OP soon. Thanks for your patient guys.
Have a good one.

At least leave me a Thank :cowboy:

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
Ok guys finally its working with the new 4.1.2 MD1 firmware. I will edit OP soon. From now on i will support only stock firmware. If anyone wanna go to other custom firmwares then that's your concern.

Check OP soon. Thanks for your patient guys.
Have a good one.

At least leave me a Thank :cowboy:

Might as well change the name of the thread then. The whole point of this thread was for people with custom roms. Those on stock shouldnt have any problems to begin with, unless theyre rooted, but weve known that forma long time.

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
Might as well change the name of the thread then. The whole point of this thread was for people with custom roms. Those on stock shouldnt have any problems to begin with, unless theyre rooted, but weve known that forma long time.

Oh man i forgot that, thanks for reminding. As for all share cast dongle, all ppl thought that the dongle will work only with stock ROM only. But now the ppl know that that dongle will work with rooted device which mean u will have all ur rooted apps that we all love.

Now: I have GOOD NEWS for you guys. Yesterday, I was able to install custom ROM (Tweaked 2.2) with the latest update from T-Mobile. its blazing fast and fullllllllllllllllllllllllll of features. I will make a guide on how to install that one too.

BUT still i will change the title of the article because I don't wanna trouble shooting a custom ROM.

Thanks,

mygalaxynote2

Mar 9, 2013
[/SIZE]
Oh man i forgot that, thanks for reminding. As for all share cast dongle, all ppl thought that the dongle will work only with stock ROM only. But now the ppl know that that dongle will work with rooted device which mean u will have all ur rooted apps that we all love.

Now: I have GOOD NEWS for you guys. Yesterday, I was able to install custom ROM (Tweaked 2.2) with the latest update from T-Mobile. its blazing fast and fullllllllllllllllllllllllll of features. I will make a guide on how to install that one too.

BUT still i will change the title of the article because I don't wanna trouble shooting a custom ROM.

Thanks,

Thanks for the update. You said you installed Custom Rom (Tweaked 2.2), so what happened to Jedi Master 14 (allshare cast dongle doesnt work with jedi master 14?)
Thank you.

Last edited:

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
Jedi master 14 didn't work for me. I tried many times . But if u interested in that ROM. I suggest you do these steps that I didn't try.
1. Go back to stock
2. Root.
3. Install TWRP
4. Install triangle away and use.
5. Test at this stage (I am sure it will work)
6. Install Jedi master 14. Remember that rom comes with a different boot image so u will need to flash MD1 boot img.
7. Use triangle away again then test it.

I am not sure why Jedi didn't work for me. But I never tried to do it from a fresh installation just like the steps above. But u can give it a shot and let me know.

One more thing. The reason I picked tweaked not because it's awesome but also, tweaked is a ROM only. It doesn't have boot.img file. So this rom was perfect for the situation.

Please keep me updated if it worked for u. I just don't have the time to do that these days.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
I realize when I update a new non stock kernel, say perseus, I can no longer connect to allshare to TV. ...any workarounds? Im using the non stock kernel for the sdcard swap....also im on root66 stock

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
I realize when I update a new non stock kernel, say perseus, I can no longer connect to allshare to TV. ...any workarounds? Im using the non stock kernel for the sdcard swap....also im on root66 stock

Far as I know there has been zero luck using allshare without the stock kernel.

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
It's all about the boot.img file which contain kernal and another file. Make sure that is stock and it should work with u.

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
I w3nt back to stock kernel but I can no longer sync all share with my phone, kt tries to connect than the signal drops, also using stock rom any ideas?

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I w3nt back to stock kernel but I can no longer sync all share with my phone, kt tries to connect than the signal drops, also using stock rom any ideas?

I've run into the same issue. I noticed that every one in a while my phone status changes from normal to modified. I then run triangle away (uncheck then recheck the system modified workaround and then reboot) and it reverts back to normal. When the status says normal I am able to connect to all share, and it stays connected. Hope this helps.

jamalkhaffaf

Mar 26, 2013
Btw guys. Tweaked ROM + Stock kernel + Triangle away = connected to cast dongle. You might get update error but you will still be connected.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

trevor7428

Feb 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Quick questiion. Can you just do triangle away process without flashing stock rom first? Like if you already have stock kernal. Never used triangle away so idk. Using myrom and don't want to backup and flash stock if I don't have too

i_guana

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Btw guys. Tweaked ROM + Stock kernel + Triangle away = connected to cast dongle. You might get update error but you will still be connected.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

I can confirm that installing Tweaked 2.4.1 ROM and selecting stock kernel during Aroma install results in a fully functioning Allshare Cast. You will, however, have to use Triangle Away after every reboot. Currently there is no way around this if you are rooted and using a custom recovery as the flash counter is always triggered after a normal reboot. I use TWRP. I also have 2 aftermarket MHL HDMI adapters that refuse to work. They worked under Android 4.1.1 but haven't since. Anyone have a positive experience with MHL adapters?

Last edited:

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
No luck guys, im not trying to reset my phone to get all share cast working. Im using triangleaway and check the bypass and phone says normal, stock recovery, stock rom and under download mode it shows binary as official, but I cant get this freaking thing 2 connect. Also shows 'normal' under the phone settings under status. ..

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
No luck guys, im not trying to reset my phone to get all share cast working. Im using triangleaway and check the bypass and phone says normal, stock recovery, stock rom and under download mode it shows binary as official, but I cant get this freaking thing 2 connect. Also shows 'normal' under the phone settings under status. ..

Is it just ending the connection or never connecting at all? Also, try resetting the dongle itself.

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
It says connecting. ..it connects for like 10 secs...then the message "current allsharecast connection will end" I have also resetted the cast with no luck, my last option is to reset and wipe phone but ill hold off for now....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I noticed no one talked about this issue on forums or in an article, so I decided to post my solution that it worked for me. I will try to explain as much as I can. I also wanna say that I am not a developer. Before I start.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE ON YOUR DEVICE OR ANYTHING HAPPEN TO IT WHAT SO EVER. IF ANYTHING HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE, ITS YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY

Read all the way to the end
    This is for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T-Mobile (SGH-T889). I didnt try it on other variants but I believe it should work. Anyway, this method is for stock ROM only. I no longer support custom ROMs. If you wanna try it with a custom ROM then good luck. I hope it works for you.

Here is what I did:
    1. Make sure you have Stock ROM 4.1.2 (UVBMD1). If you dont then go here http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-tutorials/how-to-unrootunbrick-galaxy-note-2-with-stock-firmware/
    2. Root your device. I used ChainFire method. Here is a "How to" http://honai-android.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-t-mobile-sgh.html
    3. Try to connect. If it didnt work then download Triangle Away from "Play Store".
    4. Go into Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
    5. Try to connect now. It should work for sure ^_^

Optional:
    If you want Custom Recovery then:
    6. Install the Custom Recovery you want. I tried TWRP
    7. Use Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
    8. Try to connect. It should work

If anyone have a question please let me know. I will be more than glad to help you guys.
    If I helped you please Press Thanks and Good Luck :fingers-crossed:

Note: I noticed when I go to TWRP. The dongle don't work again. So, I use Triangle Away one more time and things works back perfectly.

Thanks,
    Did this work with a custom kernel? In my experience it must be stock. I'd ve happy to find out I am wrong.

Sent from my GNote2 using Tapatalk 2

I didnt think about it previously. It seems you were right. It is the stock kernel. So right now i am wandering if I can flash a custom kernel. So my phone will be like this:

Custom ROM (Jedi Master 13)
    Custom Kernel
    Stock boot img

Is it possible?

By the way, what can you do with a custom kernel beside increasing the cpu from 1600 to 1920? btw I am just asking because I really didnt do that much research on kernel yet. Plus, Note 2 is my first android phone :cyclops:
    Success!

Hey, just wanted to report that I went through the steps and installed JM13, and then used toolkit to push the stock boot image. And sure enough, it all works! Turns out I missed AllShare Cast in JM13 before because it wasn't in the toggles. BUT, there is a widget for it that you can drag to a home screen. Tested it out and works great with the dongle. Thanks for posting all this!

Edit: I should add that anyone doing this should know that some of the kernel-related tweaks in JM will not work without it's own Saber kernel installed. So after pushing the stock boot image, which overwrites Saber and restores the stock kernel, Voodoo sound for sure does not work, and probably some of the Jedi cpu tweaks, haven't tried those.
    Finally found the time to do some flashing and just flashed mr robinsons stock rooted. Did triangle away even though I think I lost CWM which is fine because I wanted to test with stock recovery. Device status in settings says modified but binary status is official. So... I connected no problem but it is making me use Wi-Fi. If I disconnect from wifi it kills Allshare. I don't remember ever having to use wifi before and that was part of the reason why I bought it. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Edit: OK, so found out I have to "forget" my home wifi in order for it to work without it. Wasted an hour on the phone with Samsung trying to figure that one out. Three people insisted that WIFI was necessary for it to work.

2nd Edit: I'm guessing the last app update for the dongle, did something to force the phone to connect to WIFI. Apparently there is some confusion, as even the Samsung rep I spoke to today as well as his colleague who has one at home, whether WIFI is necessary or not. Let me guarantee you, as this was the main reason for me buying the dongle, that it is NOT necessary. I don't remember it connecting to wifi when I first had it because if it was doing that I would have been pissed. So obviously the update has changed and the only reason I could see why they would force it to do this is to save you on your data. But there is no option to give you the choice anyway. The only way I could get it was by making the phone forget my WIFI network but that's just a PITA. The area of my house I bought this to use in is on the opposite side of the house from my router. Why send it all the way there and then back again, bogging down my already slow WIFI? I could just buy an MHL adapter at that rate, for a lot cheaper.

I could see how this might be presenting a problem for a lot of people in their connection issues. I really don't understand them doing this because the whole point of this device is no WIFI connection necessary. Basically, if I had WIFI I could do almost anything this does already other than screen mirroring so what's the point?

All in all, my point of this post is, if your WIFI is ****ty, this may be why it's not connecting for most of you and you need to "forget" your network. If your WIFI is good, and you don't mind that it's using it, then maybe your better off. Using the WIFI defeats the purpose, but if it helps to work, it's better than nothing.