[APP] Google Wallet v2.0 R151-v8 (TW 4.3 and AOSP NFC Devices) [22 Feb 14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ihavenewnike

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Regular SIM

So I contacted Verizon about them sending out a regular SIM instead of me keeping the NFC SIM. They told me that the regular ones are in stores. Devices without NFC that are still being sold or supported (Like the RAZR, Bionic, DROID 4 etc) do not need a NFC SIM so they are given Regular SIMs. So just go into your local retailer to pick one up

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

For some reason when I tried editing build.prop it would not work. I would edit and then save and exit. Then I would open it back up to see if it worked but no dice Jim rice. It gives me a message saying "Sorry. Google Wallet is not supported by our carrier" i have tried both methods and nothing works. Is my Secure Element Broken? Can I flash The stock ROM the first phones shipped with and then re-root, flash on MEAN Bean, and maybe then it would work?

ihavenewnike

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Success

It is complete my fellow androidians. I ran into so many problems and it is now fixed. First was it was still giving me problems with the setting up after following directions. Then the OP updated with the different SIMs. I obtained a regular micro SIM from my local store and set that up. Then I was still having problems. So i had to flash stock, (the very first ROM that was shipped with the Note 2). i then re-rooted my phone and flashed MEAN Bean. Then I went in to try and use the first method. No dice Jim Rice.I was having problems with it saying the wait til fully initialized crap, and tried the method with editing build prop. It would not save my build.prop, i was mad as he!!. So i then I installed a build prop editor. First i went to superuser in order to disable root access for Root Explorer. So I used this (http://goo.gl/WshDE) build.prop editor to edit my build.prop. After about 2 hours of troubleshooting, it finally works. YAY!!!

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
So I contacted Verizon about them sending out a regular SIM instead of me keeping the NFC SIM. They told me that the regular ones are in stores. Devices without NFC that are still being sold or supported (Like the RAZR, Bionic, DROID 4 etc) do not need a NFC SIM so they are given Regular SIMs. So just go into your local retailer to pick one up

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

For some reason when I tried editing build.prop it would not work. I would edit and then save and exit. Then I would open it back up to see if it worked but no dice Jim rice. It gives me a message saying "Sorry. Google Wallet is not supported by our carrier" i have tried both methods and nothing works. Is my Secure Element Broken? Can I flash The stock ROM the first phones shipped with and then re-root, flash on MEAN Bean, and maybe then it would work?

You sure your build.prop actually changed. What appreciate to edit your build.prop were you using. After you make changes to your build.prop you have to reboot for it to take effect. Then you set Wallet up 100% and once completed restore the original build.prop which you can also do manually. The NFC Sim is a strong theory it's not guaranteed, most the issues are usually related. I will tell you the build.prop editor I use is awesome but refer to the post above me as well and also to the troubleshooting section. Your error tells me it's the build.prop not being right because when you change it you can literally download wallet from the market

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
Had some issues setting this up at first due to the network initialization error, but then I changed my build prop and it's all good. Deleted the edited build prop and renamed the original back and I an up and running. Thank you Op!

I just wrote you a note!

Reactions: bdorr1105

cisco723

Dec 16, 2010
El Paso
Tried the set up twice already and still no good I get this far and that's about it.... just wondering if I'm the only one....???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373687143394.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373687143394.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 252

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Tried the set up twice already and still no good I get this far and that's about it.... just wondering if I'm the only one....???

Try using jrummy build.prop editor, no issues with it yet. I make each individual change and deny reboot until the 3rd and final change of the build.prop. Try setting up on 4G, I was having trouble and that same exact issue until I used the galaxy Nexus build.prop. I know method 1 says you don't need to but it's been 50/50 it seems so if there was trouble I recommend using the galaxy Nexus build.prop. After you use jrummy build.prop editor, don't reboot. Go to application manager and wipe the app cache and data and reboot and try again.

Last edited:

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Had some issues setting this up at first due to the network initialization error, but then I changed my build prop and it's all good. Deleted the edited build prop and renamed the original back and I an up and running. Thank you Op!

I just wrote you a note!

I didn't see a note? Glad it's working I had the same issue to the T so I through it in Post 2. Glad it worked and you are up and running

billku

Jun 9, 2011

I get the same screen. Have tried everything listed and still a no go, except for using jrummy build.prop editor. I guess I'll give that a go, though I don't see how using a different text editor would make a difference.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Yeah, nothing works for me. Tried the jrummy editor, that made no difference, I still get the "Device set-up failed" screen. I wonder, I did have wallet working at some point a couple of months ago on 4.1.1, is this possibly another sign that I've lost the ability to set it up, either from my own doing (not resetting, which I don't recall but it's possible) or something else? Frustrating.

ihavenewnike

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Did you reset waller before upgrading ROM? If not then wallet is screwed on your phone. Or you can try my very long method I did. Not recommended though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

billku

Jun 9, 2011
Did you reset waller before upgrading ROM? If not then wallet is screwed on your phone. Or you can try my very long method I did. Not recommended though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
As I said, I don't recall doing that, though I can't be sure. What I'm curious about is, I don't get a "controller applet not present" error. I get to the point that the user in post number 46 gets to, where I get a "Device set-up failed" message. And I wonder if this is another sign, similar to the "not present" error, that Wallet is borked on my phone. Or, alternately, does Wallet being borked only manifest itself in the "not present" error? Anyone know?

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
As I said, I don't recall doing that, though I can't be sure. What I'm curious about is, I don't get a "controller applet not present" error. I get to the point that the user in post number 46 gets to, where I get a "Device set-up failed" message. And I wonder if this is another sign, similar to the "not present" error, that Wallet is borked on my phone. Or, alternately, does Wallet being borked only manifest itself in the "not present" error? Anyone know?

Yea I see where you are having the issue, He has not been able to solve itm the only thing I can tell you to try and do is make a purchase in the app store, once the purchase goes through then ask for a refund. then start the ODIN process, but after you make the purchase, Reset Wallet with the Galaxy Nexus build.prop and once it completes then you can ODIN and try again, other than that I do not know what to tell you man, you can try removing all associated phones to your google wallet and see if that removes the applet association to the previous phone...This is a pretty good mystery to us all because its only down to a select few, other people are not having these issues so it could be related to what you think

billku

Jun 9, 2011
Yea I see where you are having the issue, He has not been able to solve itm the only thing I can tell you to try and do is make a purchase in the app store, once the purchase goes through then ask for a refund. then start the ODIN process, but after you make the purchase, Reset Wallet with the Galaxy Nexus build.prop and once it completes then you can ODIN and try again, other than that I do not know what to tell you man, you can try removing all associated phones to your google wallet and see if that removes the applet association to the previous phone...This is a pretty good mystery to us all because its only down to a select few, other people are not having these issues so it could be related to what you think

Thanks, I will try!

jayotero

Dec 23, 2010
This came up after doing third method of trouble shoot I press try again but still

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374163974344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374163974344.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 160

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
This came up after doing third method of trouble shoot I press try again but still

There is a mystery for some people, at any point dad you ever have Google Wallet Setup and if so did you remember to reset wallet. Make sure you Wipe all the app data, cache reboot to recovery wipe cache and dalvick and try fix permissions. Then try to open wallet and set up with the galaxy Nexus build.prop. Also try using jrummy build.prop editor is your not already doing it. Refer to some of the above comments as well for some recommended steps. I am not sure why the select few are having this issue when others are not. What method did you use to install Wallet?

jayotero

Dec 23, 2010
I used the first one posted the easiest I did have it before and yes I reset But it stopped at 99% after a hour I continued I was told it was fine... I'm using root explorer to change the build I will try all then steps again and let you know

There are a few methods and links That have worked for Google Wallet. I would like to post them methods and information. None of this is my work at all. I do not take Credit for any of it.

I followed the instructions, had the 'device not ready' problem - followed the instructions for that... taaadaa success!

THANK YOU!

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a few methods and links That have worked for Google Wallet. I would like to post them methods and information. None of this is my work at all. I do not take Credit for any of it.

google-wallet_zps1f161dd1.jpg

IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS - PLEASE READ

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! RESET GOOGLE WALLET BEFORE YOU FLASH A NEW ROM OR YOU COULD LOSE IT FOREVER

BEWARE - BEFORE YOU BEGIN - 1st Picture provided by fireishott - 2nd Picture by firstflyer

uploadfromtaptalk1373510998501_zps82053453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373515075144_zps3269ff10.jpg

After seeing people struggle and research, this appears to still block Google Wallet from completely setting up and initializing. The regular SIM cards do not do it, but the ISIS or NFC appears to be doing the damage. I am not sure if it is possible to switch to a non NFC SIM, but you are more than likely OUT OF LUCK with this SIM Card...Remember this does not guarantee success, but if you hit a wall and just can't get any luck it is a last ditch effort and probable cause to your issues

Refer to Troubleshooting Step 4 in post #2 to possibly solve the issue

LATEST PATCHED GOOGLE WALLET - TouchWiz 4.3 and AOSP - Tap and Pay GW v2.0 R151-v8 - Thanks loserskater - Thread Found Here!

IMPORTANT - BEFORE YOU GET STARTED REMOVE ANY TRACES OF WALLET ALSO ENSURING YOU RESET WALLET FROM THE DEVICE BEFORE YOU REMOVE IT.

1. Download The Following Zips

TouchWiz 4.3 - TouchWiz 4.3 NFC Lib Fix and Patched Wallet
    AOSP - Go Here for Patched Wallet - Thanks loserskater

2. Reboot into Recovery
    3. Flash Appropriate Zip for your ROM Base (Always Wipe Cache and Dalvick before flashing any zip)

5. Reboot
    4. Open Google Wallet and Set up Tap and Pay until 100% Completion with all Cards added ready to purchase
    5. Once Google Wallet says Tap and Pay is Ready For Use You are Good
    6. Enjoy Working Wallet

Reference these build.props

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju

Verizon Note II

ro.product.model=SCH-I605
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

513e9cc0-1246-4f3d-ab73-f3b2eafdc0ed_zps5a095a6c.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-22-20-42-37_zpse2fcaa34.png

Give Thanks To:

loserskater - for libfix and patched wallet
    WarlockLord - Original Wallet Thread
    crazy talk
    safeplayer22
    siraltus
    YourCancer01
    Dwitherel - For latest patched version of Google Wallet R96v16
    gramsey1911 - Verizon NFC Lib Fix
    jimmypop13 - For trying on CM 10.1 and reporting what he did to get successful install
    tomskag - Testing MoDaCo - Confirmed Success
    PaulOBrien - MoDaCo Toolkit and Patched MoDaco Wallet Modules
    fireishott - All The feedback with troubleshooting
    ihavenewnike - Mentioned Jrummy's build prop editor
    silvertag - I wanted to put resetting Wallet Online in the OP already, however, he made mention so I give credit to him
    BoostedB18C - Extremely helpful with Troubleshooting in the Thread - Thanks
    vt0r - Providing information for AOSP
    open1your1eyes0 - Instructions for installing on AOSP

If you were left out its not by intention just PM Me
    Troubleshooting

TROUBLESHOOTING​

1) Insufficient Secure Element Privileges for system image (release-keys).

If you've been trying to run Google Wallet on your USA variant Note II you've probably ran into some problems. like this one..

"Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)."

why is this happening? check HERE for more detail.

But for the sake of keeping everything together in this thread..

2) Google Wallet controller applet version says "not present"

1. Open Google Wallet
    2. Hot Menu Soft Key
    3. Find About

It should not say Not Present

Screenshot_2013-07-03-10-52-09_zpsebef241d.png

If It says "Not Present"

You need to do a nand restore of the ROM you had Google Wallet running on and hit reset Google Wallet. Then You can restore or flash a new ROM and restart the process. If you Do not have a Nand Backup where Google Wallet was working, you may never be able to use Wallet again

3) Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

I have just gone through the whole set up process trying to use the Galaxy Sprint Note II build.prop and the above error message occurred. I could not even reset Google Wallet on my phone unless I changed my build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus which is the one in this OP. If you are having issues, Only use the Galaxy Nexus build.prop if you are not already doing that

Step 1. Change your build.prop to the settings in Method 1 and 2. (Do not reboot after you finished)

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

Step 2. Download Titanium Backup
    Step 3. Use Titanium Backup to wipe Google Wallet App Data and Cache or the built in Application Manager
    Step 4. Reboot to Recovery
    Step 5. Wipe Cache / Dalvick Cache 3x
    Step 6. Reboot
    Step 7. Set Up Google Wallet until 100% completion with card added
    Step 8. Revert to original build.prop

Verizon Note II

ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

Step 9. Reboot

Should be Good to Go. I just completed the whole process

FIX: DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BUILD.PROP CONFIGS. ONLY USE WHAT IS IN THIS OP.

4) "Device Setup Failed"

Once your stuck at 'Device setup failed' you need to reset your wallet from the web. Then change your build.prop to Nexus. Reboot, retry wallet and it should register correctly, after that you can change back your build.prop.

1. Go to Google Wallet Online
    2. Log in with your login info
    3. Click Devices on the left hand side
    4. Click Disable Wallet App
    5. change your build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

6. Reboot Phone and Try to Set up Wallet Again
    7. If all Goes Well meaning Wallet is set up 100% and ready for use, you can return to the Stock build.prop

8. Revert to Stock.prop

Verizon Note II

ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

9. Reboot Phone after you change back to stock build.prop
    10. Enjoy

5) Wallet Freezes During Reset

Wallet Will freeze 9 times out of 10 if you try to perform the reset with your stock build.prop. If this happens then you need to change your build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

1. Use jrummy build.prop editor or whatever your used to using to change your build.prop
    2. Change the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

3. Reboot Phone
    4. Reset Google Wallet
    5. Once Google Wallet Resets you can flash another ROM or continue whatever Troubleshooting you were doing

6) Tap and Play Is Missing

If You Have Wallet Working Already and upgrade from the Market which you can do without any build.prop modification, Tap and PLay will disappear. Before updating you need to change to the Galaxy Nexus build.prop, reboot the phone then update form the Market and you should have no issues

1. Go into Apllication Manager, Scroll to Google Wallet and Wipe Data and Cache for the App
    2. Use jrummy build.prop editor or whatever your used to using to change your build.prop
    3. Change the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

4. Reboot Phone
    5. Open Wallet and Set up Tap and Play until 100% Complete and you get notification that Tap and Play is ready for use!!
    6. Once Step 5 is complete, you can go back to your stock build.prop

AT&T Note II

ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    product.device= t0lteatt

7. Reboot Phone
    8. Enjoy Working Wallet

7) NFC Error 11 Fix - "nfcpaymentsetupfailure: 11"

1. Go Here
    2. Disable Any devices associated to your Google Account
    3. Go into TWRP
    4. Nandroid Backup Your current Setup
    5. Click Wipe

- Slide to Factory Reset 3x
    - Click Advanced Wipe
    - Wipe Dalvick Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache 3x

This will clear any Wallet pieces that could be lingering

4. Install Whatever ROM you like
    5. Try to install again

Confirmation Post - "nfcpaymentsetupfailure: 11"

Here's good news! User loudambiance on Reddit found a way to maintain NFC capability in the new version of Wallet. I've tested it on my Verizon Note II and it works. The only thing altered is step 7; I changed the build.prop info to the Note II's.

Edit:
    For anyone curious, these are the exact steps I took:
    1) [Update] Wallet
    2) DO NOT OPEN WALLET (If you have, Force Close wallet and clear cache and data for Wallet)
    3) Change build.prop to:
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro
    4) Reboot phone
    5) Open Wallet and go through setup (be sure to enable tap to pay)
    6) Close Wallet
    7) Change build.prop back to:
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    ro.product.device=t0ltevzw
    8) Reboot and reopen Wallet, Tap to Pay should still be enabled.

Again, all credit goes to /u/loudambiance from Reddit.com. I would link to his post, but as a junior member here I'm not allowed.
    OP Updated

Updated OP

- Added latest version of Patched Wallet - No need for changing build.prop and downloading form market
    - Cleanded up OP
    - Added 1 Step to Troubleshooting
    - Added Preventitive info in step 1 about wiping app data
    Have it working great via method one...knock on wood.

Only question I have is when I change roms after reseting and clearing cache and data via titanium backup for wallet do I also need to uninstall it and deactivate it on the Google wallet account? It's going to be hard enough to remember to clear it every time let alone log into the site if needed lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

You don't need to do it from the Web between roms. You only need to change build.prop, reset wallet app, and clear cache between flashes. Once you flash rom, you have to flash lib files again and change build.prop, then install wallet and setup

If you always make a backup in TWRP before flashing a new rom, that can be a lifesaver for wallet. THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK, but the majority of the time if you forget to reset wallet, flash a rom, and screw up the secure element, you can restore your TWRP backup that *has wallet working* and it will bring it back to life.

Lastly, never use titanium backup to restore the wallet app or data. Just don't do it :D

Sent From My Sticky Note, Too?