Search This thread

chevyrida

Jun 21, 2010
orlando
keep it up!!!

Hey hey!!! I just wanted to say to the devs keep up the good work. My upgrade date for tmobile has finally arrived and I was considering getting this tab given its telephony option. Please keep up the awesome work yall!!!!!:)

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
locerra and I have been very busy this past week (mostly locerra).

A few kernel changes from a new source drop from the i815, new experiments with loading wifi modules from compat-wireless (no success yet), switching to open source sensor drivers (hopefully this will fix the autobrightness stuff), modifying our device trees to support kernel builds using the build system (no more pre-built kernel/ramdisk), etc.

My computer is compiling nonstop haaahaha. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
also add to that a couple of changes from garyd's kernel (not oc/uv, but some of his fixes), and mostly failed attempts of fixing usb stuffs (such as mtp, adb settings, maybe mass storage for external sd card, etc)

we have made a bunch of progress, just not really progress that would be noticeable for the vast majority of users

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
hrmm.. maybe I ought to spend some time bringing this over to the 6210. (which would only mean I have to change up the partition table and disable efs and any modem.)

Honestly, there's only one part I _really_ want to fight with: wifi. Why? to stick it to samsung. :)

Don't be surprised to see a fork from me.

Gary

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

umm.. this is a 2.6.36 kernel?

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Gary, I would highly suggest you look at my github. I have a device tree for the p6210 that I try to keep up to date, but I'm already doing all the building for the p6800 and p6810 builds, so I don't really have spare cpu time to build for the p6210.

Also, I just managed to get wifi working -- a modification is needed to a CM repo. I haven't posted a changeset to review yet since I'm still tinkering with a value. Let me know if you need/want help. Aorth and I are on #teamhacksung most of the time, so you can aways get a hold of us there.

Edit:
And yes, it is the 2.6.36 kernel. We need to fix ics gadget support (I have a branch starting that), and probably other stuff. Our wifi module is compat-wireless-3.3-rc1-2 (same as the new touchpad module), plus sdio from the galaxys2 ics source drop. I would like to try to get the teamhacksung smdk4210 kernel working on our devices, but I haven't gotten around to making a uart cable to debug it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace9876

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Our wifi module is compat-wireless-3.3-rc1-2 (same as the new touchpad module), plus sdio from the galaxys2 ics source drop.
You have wifi working (and working with wpa_supplicant) using that? I remember trying that a while ago (perhaps a different version, but using sdio from the 62x0 kernel) with no luck.

I have to be honest - I'm very seriously considering just patching the 62x0 kernel up to 3.0.26 and seeing how badly things break. It'd probably be best to do that with my recovery partition and "see what happens." I might also take the i9100 ICS kernel source and see what happens with that. Between the two approaches, I might even get a working kernel. ;)

Sadly, I also don't have any UART cables or any other means to see whats going on if I can't get into a shell to see the kernel messages. That makes things more annoying when they don't work (but much more exciting when they do.)

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
You have wifi working (and working with wpa_supplicant) using that? I remember trying that a while ago (perhaps a different version, but using sdio from the 62x0 kernel) with no luck.
As of a few hours ago, yes. I'm on the P6810, so our hardware is not identical, but our atheros chips are.

I have to be honest - I'm very seriously considering just patching the 62x0 kernel up to 3.0.26 and seeing how badly things break. It'd probably be best to do that with my recovery partition and "see what happens." I might also take the i9100 ICS kernel source and see what happens with that. Between the two approaches, I might even get a working kernel. ;)
The have some configuration for our devices in the i9100 ics kernel, but unfortunately it doesn't build a working kernel. Teamhacksung's smdk4210 incorporates the i9100 ics kernel, as well as a lot of other fixes.

Reactions: tzacapaca

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Mobile data usage tracking

Good afternoon, folks. Looks like I just got ICS's mobile data usage tracking working...

I found a boatload of patches in Cyanogen's Tab 10.1 kernel tree, and they apply cleanly to our c210 kernel... then just figured out which config options we needed. It should work out of the box for P6800 as well, but I'm not sure if about wifi-only variants; I guess you can tell Android to track data on wifi interfaces, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

More info at my blog (for posterity's sake). Back to code. ;)

Last edited:

robyr

Dec 21, 2007
It should work out of the box for P6800 as well, but I'm not sure if about wifi-only variants; I guess you can tell Android to track data on wifi interfaces, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

It would be incredibly useful to application developers to monitor app data usage and to isolate major problems with data usage before publication.

TedNet

Jun 10, 2007
this thread is awesome... hope that the developer could finish this rom.. cant wait to use this incredible rom... :D:D

[David]

Sep 18, 2011
Catanzaro
Yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaahhooooooooooo HOW TO THANK YOU MAAAAAANNNNN :D You're gonna revive our humor and you rock dude :D GREAT JOB YOU'RE AMAZING keep pushing :D

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium

dzasta

Sep 11, 2009
GPS seems to be working.

It's 2am and raining outside, so I can't be bothered to see if I can get more than 1 satellite ;)

167278.gif

Even though i have a P6210, I'm eagerly following this hoping this will port relatively easily over to the 6210.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hear ye, hear ye! I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab Plus. While it's up and running (and actually quite usable), this is really only a developer preview. Please understand that this is a very rough initial port, and lots of stuff doesn't work.

Warning! Do not flash!

Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the other developers and me get CM9 to a more "daily driver" state. I don't have time to help n00bs unbrick their devices. No offense!

Known issues
    Please don't complain about them unless you're willing to fix them. :)
    • USB mounting of internal storage (will never work). Removable sdcard can work, but is disabled for now. Note: USB mounting is different than MTP, which works fine already.
    • HDMI out
    • Hardware acceleration for DivX/MP3
    • IR Blaster
    • WiFi is a bit iffy, sometimes you need to toggle it off and on
    • GPS doesn't get as many satellites as in stock

Download (P6200/P6201/P6200L)
    ROM (September 17, 2012): goo.im (md5: 6c13a8753cfdbcb3cf81a7abb90f6c3a)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.0): goo.im / Mediafire (md5: 4554f940ac0064dba3e1c5e12469efd2)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps (use the CyanogenMod 9 one)

Download (P6210/P6211/P6210L)
    ROM (September 17, 2012): goo.im (md5: 5f87f7bf0fd887b9ace4ea5d95773fa7)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.0): Mediafire (md5: e71feb63ee44a7e809b6c2e7ae6d6e7d)

Download (T869)
    ROM (September 17, 2012): goo.im (md5: 936707a07e36d27b59ea26284a52474e)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.2): goo.im (md5: 5827f2e38bf609d6583f8b715667b8d3)

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.x (probably works with 5.0.2.x, but I use 6.0.1.x so your mileage may vary). Make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Sources
    We share a LOT of similar hardware with other Exynos 4210 / Mali 400MP devices. Right now we're sharing lots of code with the Tab 7.7 people. Here is a list of where you can find my/our code.

Credits
    • ohanar -- set up the initial device tree for the GT-68x0 (Tab 7.7). Huge help and time saver!
    • teamhacksung -- badass dev dudes who have a dream
    • goo-inside.me -- hosting
    • CyanogenMod community in general

Donate
    I do this for fun (I have a day job that pays me). If you're able to donate, donate to one of the following organizations, without whom none of this would be possible:
    Reserved for changelog, detailed flashing instructions, etc. :)

Screenshots to tide you over!

6F2dL.png

a7kP9.png

jtYAu.png

Changelog

September 17, 2012
    • New kernel (same one from CM10
    • Sync with latest CM source

August 10, 2012
    • WPA supplicant driver switched to Wext, should be more stable now without the hack from stock ICS we were using before
    • A2DP fixed
    • Low-power mode (off-mode charging) works
    • P6210 no longer thinks it is a GSM device
    • Camera FCs while video recording fixed

July 19, 2012
    • Bluetooth works

July 17, 2012
    • Auto brightness works

July 13, 2012
    • Based on a new kernel (smdk4210-tab, a hybrid of Galaxy S3 + p6200 ICS kernel sources)
    • Using many new blobs from the official P68x0 and P62x0 ICS releases
    • Video recording works
    • Front and back camera work (with flash!)
    • Audio is now stereo (moblix, please confirm ;))
    • Calling works, but someone needs to see if the voice is still distorted on the remote side
    • Support for GT-P6210L
    • Low-power mode kinda works, but keeps rebooting (now using AOSP one, not Samsung)
    • Bluetooth broken (regression)

June 24, 2012
    • Updated CyanogenMod sources
    • Experimental new bus frequencies for larger displays
    • Off-mode charging is still broken because I haven't even looked into it

June 10, 2012
    • Bluetooth is working
    • Sync with latest upstream CM9 (new Apollo music player, CRT Off animation, new Cid boot animation, etc)
    • Seems I broke low-power mode charging...

DP3.2 Hotfix 1 (May 27, 2012)
    • P6200: New kernel with mic fix

DP3.2 (May 19, 2012)
    • Rear camera working again (regression in DP 3.1)

DP3.1 (May 17, 2012)
    • Off-mode charging now works
    • Sync'd with latest upstream repos (a few new high-res icon graphics, not too noticeable)

DP3 (May 13, 2012)
    • Rebased work ontop of the 3.0.x-based smdk4210 kernel
    • RIL working again (now using Galaxy S II RIL blobs)
    • GPS working again
    • Some hardware-accelerated video should work (not all video/audio codecs are working yet)
    • Rotation animation doesn't glitch anymore
    • Camera kinda works... strong emphasis on "kinda"
    • Ditto for wifi

DP2 (April 13, 2012)
    • Audio working
    • GSM partially working (calls, SMS, and some USSD requests). Getting data working on this one is trivial if you're not afraid to use adb.

DP1 (April 1, 2012)
    • Initial preview
    I'm baaaack.

I'm back from vacation, and I've synced up with locerra's latest changes to the tab device trees. He's been very productive over the last two weeks, and I have new builds for P6200, P6210, and T869 on their way to the server as we speak...

You'll have new builds verrrrrry soon.
    Developer preview 3.2

Here's DP 3.2. Nothing major, just a minor update with the rear-facing camera working again. Note: it's still not working 100%, merely back to how it was before it regressed in DP 3.1 (locerra made some libcamera changes). :)

P6200: goo-inside.me (md5: 1271d226e74a96341d75a8439735eac1)
    P6210: goo-inside.me (md5: 38ed64d1f625ef7d5d174007139f008e)

While it is working, I get roughly 5 out of 10 shots which are plagued by artifacts, for example:

DP3 for P6210

I've decided to take up managing the P6210 releases for now, since kmmxracer has decided to leave us. :)

Here's some DP3 love for the wifi guys:

P6210 (DP3, May 13, 2012): goo-inside.me / mirrors wanted! (md5: b6ec56f08d32fcf052a2cc7f63cc8230)
    ClockworkMod Recovery P6210: From garyd9
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use the CyanogenMod 9 one)

Keep in mind I don't actually have this device... so if it doesn't boot, BREATH, and then tell me what happened. :)