Facebook App updated to v 2.4 today [23FEB2012]

Search This thread

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
I think there must be a link between the power saving policy of MS for WP and this push notification.
Because in order to get notification, it will burn the battery for the amount of times it tries to get in the internet and download the thing.
I am not really sure but that is how i see it goes down.

No, the case is just that the facebook notifications are very unreliable and sparse, its on their end. Not on the phones end. Whatsapp etc do deliver their notifications rapidly and consistently.

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
Is it just me or other people have issue with the banner image? on my Titan it dose not show my banner image. i can only see the banner image to other people in ther profile?

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Is it just me or other people have issue with the banner image? on my Titan it dose not show my banner image. i can only see the banner image to other people in ther profile?

It's in the settings. It must have asked you the first time you logged in. If you go to settings it's a tick-untick box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Facebook should make a non-metro facebook app, like the iphone one, for wp7 users

No, no, no, no, no. No.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht..._facebook_updating_its_windows_phone_app.html

EDIT - 23rd FEB - Version 2.4 fixes the issues with 'Events'.

The LONG awaited update makes facebook kickass! I just got one on my Titan. Exploring it, but so many visible changes already. Update this post soon. If anyone noticed changes do update us! :)

EDIT1: You can get it manually by going to marketplace and then facebook, press update
    It will forget your user ID and password, so re-log-in.

EDIT2: It's a complete revamp of the UI. Excellent speed... Now supports time line feature too!

EDIT3: supports groups and pages as well as very reliable checkin. Photo albums load as quick on 3G as on wifi in previous version, even faster! Still can't "poke" back from the app. Push notifications need testing though

I've already changed my rating and review and given it 5 stars. Hope most users do it too so that others get an idea of how good this official app has become! :D
    Sorry to say but the banner is even bigger and its just as laggy and slow. Try scrolling the panorama, it freezes and slows down... Quite disappointing.

Also there are still no notifications when pinning the inbox to the start screen...

Yes it got a bit better. But not much, the messages still take ages to load (implement a database!).

Push notifications still come in very delayed (but this might be an FB issue and not their fault).

Lets hope they will fix this soon and not let us wait another half year.

But the good thing is the design is better and it has more features. There is hope for a next version :)

EDIT: Other parts dont seem to be that laggy. Its mainly the frontpage and probably due to the collapsing of the appbar, that slows down the panning of the panorama.

For me Panorama/without Panorama, the scrolling and panorama was a breeze! Could it be the internet connection difference? I am not sure about the notifications on mine yet. Ironically not a single notification yet :(
    Message loading is much improved that last version, it could defo be better though.
    Facebook should make a non-metro facebook app, like the iphone one, for wp7 users
    thats the best app.

touch.facebook.com worked but it seems to be down

This post below....

No, no, no, no, no. No.

Sent from my SGH-I897

... and ... No, no, no, no, no. No. No, no, no, no, no. No. No, no, no, no, no. No. Can't say that enough