jug 5.0 kernel

Search This thread

DannyB513

Jan 20, 2012
Huntsville
To OP:

Download Juggs.

Pull the Boot Image from the zip folder.

You now have the kernel.

You can now run it in any ROM. Just replace the Boot Image of ROM xxx with the Boot Image you pulled from Juggs.

I do it all the time with TDJ's Darkside kernels. I use them in every GB ROM i use on my phone.

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
To OP:

Download Juggs.

Pull the Boot Image from the zip folder.

You now have the kernel.

You can now run it in any ROM. Just replace the Boot Image of ROM xxx with the Boot Image you pulled from Juggs.

I do it all the time with TDJ's Darkside kernels. I use them in every GB ROM i use on my phone.

I notice that the newest Darkside kernel is only available on Digital Warfare. Is it possible to extract the kernel from Digital Warfare and then flash it to Juggs 5.0? I assume from your above post it is possible.

Also, would you recommend using the newest Darkside kernel with Juggs or should I stay with Faux's 10u kernel? I am getting amazing speed/performance with the 10u kernel and battery is very respectable as well. Heard some good things about the Darkside though. Thoughts?

DannyB513

Jan 20, 2012
Huntsville
I notice that the newest Darkside kernel is only available on Digital Warfare. Is it possible to extract the kernel from Digital Warfare and then flash it to Juggs 5.0? I assume from your above post it is possible.

Also, would you recommend using the newest Darkside kernel with Juggs or should I stay with Faux's 10u kernel? I am getting amazing speed/performance with the 10u kernel and battery is very respectable as well. Heard some good things about the Darkside though. Thoughts?

I would not pull the kernel from Darkside Digital Warfare 2.5.1. The kernel included in that release is meant to only function properly in that release of the ROM due to scripts. You can nandroid and try it out, but you may not get the best results.

Normally for other GB ROM's I pull the demonspeed kernel out of DDW 2.4

Reactions: Chochiwpg

Ag3ntGio

Nov 6, 2011
Los Angeles
www.facebook.com
I would not pull the kernel from Darkside Digital Warfare 2.5.1. The kernel included in that release is meant to only function properly in that release of the ROM due to scripts. You can nandroid and try it out, but you may not get the best results.

Normally for other GB ROM's I pull the demonspeed kernel out of DDW 2.4

Right now im in skool 2nd period i would of had about 80% but i have 94% has the setup iLepoard told me about

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

iLeopard

Dec 12, 2011
College Station
Right now im in skool 2nd period i would of had about 80% but i have 94% has the setup iLepoard told me about

I actually have dark sides wth the streamline kernel. The kernel that came with the dark side rom just didn't work out for me.

In addition my 3g/4g is always on but when I'm on campus I hop in and off of wifi but the radio is still seeking signal. If you ever experience unexpected battery drains download better battery stars so you can freeze/remove those processes to improve battery even more.

Lastly, glad its working out for ya

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ag3ntGio

Ag3ntGio

Nov 6, 2011
Los Angeles
www.facebook.com
I actually have dark sides wth the streamline kernel. The kernel that came with the dark side rom just didn't work out for me.

In addition my 3g/4g is always on but when I'm on campus I hop in and off of wifi but the radio is still seeking signal. If you ever experience unexpected battery drains download better battery stars so you can freeze/remove those processes to improve battery even more.

Lastly, glad its working out for ya

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Si u think darkside better

iLeopard

Dec 12, 2011
College Station
Tried flashing darkside links dont work anymore

This one is hosted on my server. Flash it as is, don't edit the title or anything.

Mind you that this is a ROM not a kernel. I suggest DARKSIDE DIGITAL WARFARE 2.5.1 and the Streamline Kernel with the settings I posted. And yes I think DIGITAL WARFARE is better. I used Jugs for the longest time ever but it seemed kinda slow and the battery never really lasted as long as it does with WARFARE.

Also let me know on the download speed will ya? Like how long it takes.

Last edited:

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
Im using darkside kernel with juggs and so far it good. Fast and smooth.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Faux also has a v10 out. May be worth a try.

Angstig gepost van mijn Galaxy SII :D
    its faux kernel version 9u thats in the rom. look in the dev section you'll find it:D

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

better yet go to jugg5.0 thread look in the change log and there is a link where it says moar info here.
    Currently running Faux's 10u on Juggs 5 right now. Fantastic ROM/Kernel combination. Highly recommended.

If you want to tweak voltage and UC for better battery, also check out Gideon's scripts. They are compatible with Faux's kernels.
    Holy damm mine says 60 so u said ugenes is better well i mean life Wise i tried uploading a pic didnt let me on here

For me yes it is. I have it undervolted by 50mV across the board and under clocked to 1.3 max and .192 min and the phone is still very snappy. Really with those speeds you don't even notice the phone has been under clocked.

As far as your picture, did you try uploading to tapatalk servers or the forum? If you tapped forum then it won't let you, you have to upload to the tapatalk servers.
    Okay can u show me a pic on how u overclock and stuff like that and i tried on the xda app i will but taptalk as soon as i have.the money do u have the link to eugens by any chance?

Here's Tapatalk. This is a beta version, so its free

Here's Eugene's Streamline Kernel

Here's Faux Clock. Its the application I use to under volt and under clock

ql78

ql7b