Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Do you think this thread is helping with unneeded threads from popping up?

• Yes! less threads asking common or stupid stuff

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No. but Like the idea

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • NO! Hate everything about this thread!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

samsuning

Jan 24, 2017
Boot into download mode to confirm the model #. You should not attempt to flash anything until you confirm the model #.

The Canadian s3 is the sgh-i747m. AT&T s3 is sgh-i337 (no m at the end).

so which rom of cm or lineage should I install in my canadian Fido SGH-i747M? (I prefer any marshmallow version, otherwise android version 5.x ). thanks

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I no longer have the s3 so I can't really comment on which ROM would be best. I do know that d2lte and d2att ROMs can be flashed to the Canadian s3.

samsuning

Jan 24, 2017
Just to read an answer make me relieved! Thanks a lot. Right now i moved to another thread about the SlimRom marshmallow because I tested it and it seams working perfectly but when I flush it with gapps, no google app worked and I keep stacked at the boot.
thanks again

smgt550

Aug 13, 2017
hi i would like to know if theres any way to get audio from my pc into my phone via usb basically my phone has the dsp that i want and the pc doesnt so is there any way to get the audio out in realtime and play it through my phone. galaxy s3 stock rom rooted 4.4.2

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
Question:

Battery: Is the SAMSUNG New Genuine Battery for GT-I9300 Galaxy S3 AND battery for d2att compatible.
I have a d2att and want to get a replacement battery... would a new GT-19300 battery work in it?

Thanks!

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Question:

Battery: Is the SAMSUNG New Genuine Battery for GT-I9300 Galaxy S3 AND battery for d2att compatible.
I have a d2att and want to get a replacement battery... would a new GT-19300 battery work in it?

Thanks!

Yes, the GT-9300 battery will work in the sgh-i747 (https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/accessories/i9300-sgh-i747-battery-type-t1874382); however, I recommend going with something from Anker, ZeroLemon, Aukey, Stallion and PowerBear. They are sold on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/PowerBear-Sam...TF8&qid=1531837726&sr=8-5&keywords=s3+battery

Reactions: goodflood

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Yes, you can use the existing TWRP to flash a newer version of TWRP. After flashing the updated version, just reboot into recovery to use it.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

tpbill

Jun 8, 2020
This thread is for those who have what they may feel is a stupid or simple question. Please read through the thread and use the search first. I know Google doesn't always like to make it easy to find answers, so lets work together to give answers where we can. And please remember you will be reported for flaming others.

Remember, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Thanks goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494423
Can anyone give me the original s3 rom

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

This thread is for those who have what they may feel is a stupid or simple question. Please read through the thread and use the search first. I know Google doesn't always like to make it easy to find answers, so lets work together to give answers where we can. And please remember you will be reported for flaming others.

Thanks goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494423
Can anyone give me the original s3 rom

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
well , no one here knows which original s3 rom your looking for and i will just guess that you mean "stock" by "original.
you should try sammobile maybe ;
https://www.sammobile.com
or ; if your more specific about which s3 you have , someone here might could help out.
good luck:thumbsup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?
    have to answ
    Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing. Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats
    have to answ
    Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing.

Amazing times we live in with miniature pink robot bunnies keeping our phones running! Wish my eyes were smaller so I could see inside of the battery and say "HI BUNNAY! THANKYOU!" :)

Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats

It floats?! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If we strap some ice to our phone and hold on tight we can float up to the cottoncandy clouds and eat all we want! Yum
    Is there a way to mute/remove the freaking annoying chime/bell sound that the dialer makes when connecting the the line when dialing a number ?
    open dialer, hit menu, settings/call alert/call status tones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?