[CDMA/EXPRESS][ROM] Unofficial CM10 for Express Alpha

Search This thread

feisty_rabbit

Feb 21, 2010
Pen seems to work for me?

So using the app Papyrus, which was designed for HTC scribe, it seemed to work just fine, with pressure support and finger to erase. I ran out of batteries so I"ll do some more testing later tonight after it's charged.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
you can get fling fix + pen dix included if you use the changes in iamchucky's github release, i believe the link can easily be searchlocated in my jb thread.
i only the ntrig_v2.c driver you need to replace and some Makefile changes if you do not just rename the driver build.

you also need the idc file for the _v2.c driver, since its not touchscreen based. see that in my jb release (download and extract the idc file)

hope it helps you out :)

i'm sure view users will appreciate that you include those fixes as well.

edit: so i attached the c source + idc file for you, cannot be easier now :)

thanks. Yeah ync pointed me to the ntrig edits for the fling issues. I didn't realize that would also make it support pen. I am going to add the idc file right now. Thanks again

Reactions: smknjoe78

Bigolac

Jan 8, 2010
Downloaded and installed this am - love it - Thanks!!!

Only issue I'm having now is the when I'm trying to drag the notification tab down, it takes a very patient and slow drag to make it stay. I'll have to mess around with the scroll settings to get it right.

So far so good - awesome!

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Downloaded and installed this am - love it - Thanks!!!

Only issue I'm having now is the when I'm trying to drag the notification tab down, it takes a very patient and slow drag to make it stay. I'll have to mess around with the scroll settings to get it right.

So far so good - awesome!

Yeah I don't think this kernel has the fling fix. I will fix that for next release

Sent from my Evo View using XDA Premium HD app

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Thank you so much for this its great and now an OC kernel!!! Wow just awesome! thank you so much!

postscript

Dec 11, 2007
Which version are you using? Did you change any settings? I have tried many times with multiple pens and every time it writes nicely but erases as soon as I start writing the next word. When installing the rom I wiped everything and did a fresh install. I am not sure why I am having a different experience.

So using the app Papyrus, which was designed for HTC scribe, it seemed to work just fine, with pressure support and finger to erase. I ran out of batteries so I"ll do some more testing later tonight after it's charged.

WolfDemon69

Oct 10, 2012
Does wifi not work for anyone else? I know it says wifi is working on the first post but when I flashed the ROM, no wifi networks pop up when I turn wifi on

WolfDemon69

Oct 10, 2012
Try toggling WiFi or waiting for around 20 secs. Sometimes it takes a fee secs to start actually scanning. Haven't found the solution for it yet

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Yeah, I've toggled it on and off more than a few times and I left it overnight and still nothing. I'm gonna re-wipe data, cache, and dalvik and reflash the rom and see if it still does it.

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
i cant get this rom to boot for nothing! im using CWM recovery on HC hboot , fully rooted s-off! and its just steady stuck frozen at the CM boot screen!:(:(:(

WolfDemon69

Oct 10, 2012
Well I re-flashed and still had the same problem, so I tried AOKP and I still get the same problem there too. Now I really don't know what my problem is =\

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an Unofficial release. This will stay completely inline with CM repos. No features will be added or removed unless it is common throughout CM devices.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Rom Installation:
    Must be on HC Hboot
    Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
    Flash the ROM
    Flash GApps
    Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Download
    GApps
    Screenshots

Changelog:
    Code:
    For an updated changelog look here  http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2012-10-5
    Original upload
    Working:
    -Wifi
    -Sound
    -Data
    -SMS
    -Video Playback
    -Charging
    -Camera
    -There are some graphics glitches that happen now and again. They will only last a sec or two.
    Anything thats not in the broken list

Broken: (In order of importance)
    -HWA
    -Boot Animation is random. Sometimes it will show sometimes it wont
    -4G
    -Camcorder
    -FFC

Github: http://WWW.github.com/jmztaylor/android_kernel_htc_express

Donations: Ok, so im not the type thats going to say "if you donate you will get special access." (yes i got asked this already, which is the point of this writing) Sorry, just not my style. Not trying to make money. But donations are welcome. Maybe I will get to work more on it if I can take the wifey out for dinner . You will get your name in the 2nd post under donated. Also, if you do donate please pm me here with transaction id. That will make it where i can confirm your donation and add you to the list on donators. Thanks for all you guys support. Link in signature

ynconsulting - he goes first because he let me use his device folders and his kernel for now. Many thanks for starting aosp with AOKP.
    Cm team. Obviously
    Just a placeholder
    Sorry. I have been busy with all sorts of projects and one of them being rebuilding my server as godaddy screwed me. But if you go to express.androidfiles.org there is a new ROM called evervolv. Its my main focus now. Cm is getting stupid with behind the scenes ****. Evervolv is a JB aosp ROM. Check it out if you don't know about it. But I will still build this but more focused on evervolv.

Sent from my One V using xda premium
    uploading new build. finally found the wifi bug. also updated to Jellybean 4.1.2. Still hard at work on wimax. This now comes with a OC kernel with some governors. Im going to put some work into kernel too. download will be ready at 10am eastern
    Ya know, while I wish JMZ would update us on his plans, looking at the number of downloads shown on his site... there are very few. Less than 70.

That surprises me. I mean there were thousands of Views sold, hundreds of thousands? "Lots" at least. Not just directly from Sprint either, but the View ended up dumped from various "leftovers" sites like 1SaleADay for big discounts. So there have to be tons out there in the wild. I guess it just shows what a small percentage of Android users are savvy enough to be interested in rooting.

I could not agree more! I got mine through One Sale a Day and knowing HTC's record for quality I was very impressed with the build quality of the unit. Of course I hated all the Sprint crap-ware and the fact that the thing took forever to boot and always searched for Sprint Activation, but those annoyances aside, it is a very solid piece of equipment. It is a true shame if we've been abandoned, this thing could be soooo nice because of the underlying hardware.

Hopefully JMZ will take pity on us - I know if its a matter of contributions I certainly would be willing to contribute although I do understand that XDA rules prevent the devs from directly soliciting for contributions.

Let's hope for the best!

Chris R.