[APP] CloudMuzik v1.5 - Google Music Player for WP8

Search This thread

lentini

Oct 8, 2008
Thanks for the beta invite.

The resume feature is now completely broken in the beta. Whenever I unlock my phone after it sleeps, it resumes the app and it stops whatever it's playing and starts the track from the beginning.

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Thanks for the beta invite.

The resume feature is now completely broken in the beta. Whenever I unlock my phone after it sleeps, it resumes the app and it stops whatever it's playing and starts the track from the beginning.

hmmm I'm not seeing this behavior. Can you go and play a song, pause it, resume it then go into the full app. From the main dashboard, click on the ellipsis and choose Send Logs. I think I may know what's happening, but why its happening is a mystery.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com

Hmmm, I see nothing in the log files that show that it was unable to save the song position. I'm working on the next update so I'll add more debug information and change how it saves the data. For now, can you go to the main dashboard, click Logout from the ellipsis, back all the way out of the app, open it then log in again? After you get fully logged in, see if you can still reproduce that issue.

lentini

Oct 8, 2008
Hmmm, I see nothing in the log files that show that it was unable to save the song position. I'm working on the next update so I'll add more debug information and change how it saves the data. For now, can you go to the main dashboard, click Logout from the ellipsis, back all the way out of the app, open it then log in again? After you get fully logged in, see if you can still reproduce that issue.

Still the same. Also sent a fresh log file.

EDIT: Seems to only do it with podcasts. Just tried it with a normal album and it's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: snickler

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Did you actually manage to implement playlists with files from the phone media library?

not in this build. I actually broke a few things in order to make other things work lol. I haven't gotten to implement playlist modification from the google library yet as I'm still working out the organization still. I hope to either have that ready for the second build and if not the third build.

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
Well, implementing playlists with streaming is rather simple thing to do. Implementing playlists with songs present in phone media library (as in in phone storage not your app iso store) is impossible as far as i can tell, so do not prioritize that just yet.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Well, implementing playlists with streaming is rather simple thing to do. Implementing playlists with songs present in phone media library (as in in phone storage not your app iso store) is impossible as far as i can tell, so do not prioritize that just yet.

typical Microsoft... Give only 90% API functionality to the devs.

itti_sam

Jan 12, 2012
Which country are you in? I am unable to put this app in a lot of Middle Eastern countries due to the possibility of songs with offensive/sexually explicit lyrics. That's at least what Microsoft told me when I first tried to put the app in the marketplace.

I am in Saudi Arabia. is that feasible?!

itti_sam

Jan 12, 2012

Hi Snickler,

I couldn't find anything in Section 3.10 about music specifically in Saudi Arabia

Group 3: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Comoros, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Mauritania, Niger, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
People in revealing clothing or sexually suggestive poses
Intimate References
Alcohol and illegal substance references
Sexual or bathroom humor
Simulated or actual gambling

Plus please look at the screenshot I took from the Saudi app store where I searched for "music". There are many apps for playing and streaming music, so in my opinion, I believe your app will not cause any harm, but rather will help grow more Windows Phone users especially Android switchers.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    c6757786-56f9-422c-bd78-3d84044b725f
    475ea63e-f3d8-4a00-a1f1-11f8bdfd9fd8
    602e9077-8cb5-4c9d-b650-e8a7fdb533f8

CloudMuzik is a Google Play Music client specifically made for WP8 phones.

The application supports the following:
    • Full Library support
    • Full Refresh of music library
    • Refresh of latest songs uploaded
    • Playlist support
    • Social sharing of current song
    • Repeat and Shuffle capabilities
    • Pinning of Artist, Album, Playlist and Genre to Start
    • Background Audio
    • Local song caching
    If you enjoy this, please give a good rating and helpful comments on how to improve

Thanks!

Version 1.2.1.5 Features:
    • More Stability Fixes
    • Uses SQLite instead of SQLCe
    • Playlist modification
    • Song Caching improvements
    • Slide to change song on player page

Version 1.2.1.4 Features:
    • Stability fixes
    • Allow deletion of Cached Songs from within Settings Menu
    • Song position picks back up where you left off when paused for a while
    • Fixed issues with duplicate songs
    • Added ability to rate app from within application bar menu
    Please post here for any issues or send an e-mail to support@cloudmuzikwp7.com. I'll do my best to respond quickly and help.

Edit: This post will have the latest features to be expected in v1.2.1.5 as well as a way to help figure out what's going on while it sets at "Loading Library" for extended periods of time.

Download Here

All,

Version 1.5 is out in the marketplace. I've listed the new features in the first post. One thing to note is that All-Access streaming isn't available as of yet. I'm still working with some inconveniences that it's given me, but I hope to have it included in a new beta soon.
    You can download a whole album or artist. But it is cached and will only be viewed by CloudMuzik.
    In your case, you should download Google Play Music Manager on your PC. There's a function that downloads all your songs. Then transfer them to your Lumia.

The playback that doesn't resume is very frustrating :)
    I noticed that Gooroovster has the same issue. Is Google making hard for you to memorize the playback status ?

The playback issue with resuming was my fault :p. I put in a fix that would actually write the position of the current track to the isolated storage and then read from it. My issue with the fix was that it will sometimes get into a deadlock with the method that reads from the saved position before it gets to set it back to 0 when the song is changed. I have this worked out in the next version. I unfortunately didn't even catch this until shortly after it was approved.

Feel free to post your annoyances, feature suggestions here.

Oh and something else.

For those who are getting stuck at "Loading Library" forever .

I thought of an idea. Fiddler (preferably) on your computer and capture the traffic starting from /music/listen (You'll have to enable HTTPS capturing for this to work). Send your .saz or even just the URLs it keeps trying to hit to me at support@cloudmuzikwp7.com. This will help me to understand and figure out what I'm doing wrong in my code that seems to fail for those select few users. Here is a link to Fiddler's website to show how to set this up. http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler/help/phone.asp

Lastly,

I wanted to have the newest version ready for this week, but I've become busy this week. Here's a list of newer features to be expected:

• Playlist modification and addition
    • Swipe to change the next track on the player page
    • Tapping the artist/song from the native playback will go to the player instead of the Logging In screen
    • Live Tile
    • Able to view the previous songs in the Media History
    • Enhanced logging capabilites
    • Manually send logs. You'll be able to even send logging data while it is initially logging on.
    How do you download songs ? i would like to download my whole library on my lumia 920, can i do that ?

You can download a whole album or artist. But it is cached and will only be viewed by CloudMuzik.
    In your case, you should download Google Play Music Manager on your PC. There's a function that downloads all your songs. Then transfer them to your Lumia.

The playback that doesn't resume is very frustrating :)
    I noticed that Gooroovster has the same issue. Is Google making hard for you to memorize the playback status ?

No problem. Let me know of any issues you run into.