[Q] Typically how long for root to be developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jiml87

Feb 27, 2014
Focus your energy on finding root instead of acting like a Neanderthal and hurry up already. sheesh

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Sorry, couldn't resist.

2382.jpg

Reactions: jiml87

jiml87

Feb 27, 2014
Yes please. No real talent here anyways.

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Just updated to 4.4.2 from a rooted 4.2.2 and lost root when I accepted the OTA update.
Being new to android I am wondering how long it typically take for a new root to be released?

I moved to android from iPhone because I was tired of waiting months for a jailbreak every time an updated ios was released.
There is no "typical" amount of time. It could take minutes, hours, days, weeks or months. As others have posted, obtaining root will come when it comes.

Reactions: jiml87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Someone root this thing already. Where's the hacker talent still sleeping?

You should not be commenting if you don't understand the process and efforts needed to figure it out, you can throw all the ROM cooks at it you want, will still take however long it will take to figure out, so sit down, chill the F out and wait, or learn Android ROM cooking and do it yourself, you aren't going to rush those that are doing this on their own time for free
    /Carmack
    When it's done!
    /Carmack
    I just wrote kingoapp asking if and/or when kitkat on our phones will be supported. If I hear back Ill report it.
    Sorry, no not you. It was meant for gunnyman.

Being a newbie I'm just wondering typically how long it takes to get a working root after an update. I don't expect anyone to be able to tell me the exact date when a root program will be available for the G2 on kit Kat.

There IS no typical it's not like there's a timer or anything. The HTC One X on At&T went 6 MONTHS without Root.
    Root will happen when it happens or maybe not at all.
    Kingoapp wrote me back, this is what they said:

As to 4.4 firmware, the known root methods are all via flashing custom recovery, which requires a lot manual operations and involves huge risks. So, I am sorry, it is not supported.

So it looks like a no go there....