[Q] audio crackling

Search This thread

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
wow this sucks. I was getting ready to flash kitkat but after seeing this, never mind. I listen to music about 2 hours a day sometimes even more. I do hear the small noise on 4.2.2 but thats when it's super quiet. . I use the V-Moda M80. I had the same issue with the Note 2. it was annoyingly loud but definitely not going to upgrade to 4.4.2 until the amp file is fixed by an audio dev

Frutek

Jan 16, 2011
Warsaw
It depends on headphones you are using. Noise will be much easier picked by high sensitivity low impedance headphones. I installed ger 20b kitkat and the problem still exists...

xavidpr4

Mar 10, 2012
Same problem for me. Just updated today to kitkat and noise on the left headset, like an old television on a bad tuned channel. I've tried several models (sony, lg brand headsets, etc)

Regards.

EdForce1

Apr 22, 2011
Have the same bug, can it be that i installed 20b KitKat on a 10a JellyBean phone?

Can it be kernel related?

Last edited:

LoneVagrant

Mar 13, 2014
Since I updated my phone from D802-SEA-10F to Vodafone 20A i got same problem. When there's any audio playing over headphones I hear crackling and electronic noise in left earpiece. I've tried on few headphones - hifiman re262, akg k712 and stock lg. All headphones had same sound problems. I guess it's time to flash back the 4.2.2 and wait for SEA-20A...

Unfortunately the problem in SEA 20A is still not solved :(

Monk3y

Jan 6, 2011
London
I've got the problème with sound too but with cloudypro II rom :(

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

majeedzero

Mar 28, 2014
hissing and cracking in lg g2 d802

when i update to 4.4.2 kk i have a problem with sound in headphone that is cracking and hissing and this problem was not found in android 4.2.2

The MBG

Nov 23, 2013
How on earth has this issue got past testing? And then subsequently still got pushed out across the world (today in the UK in my case)?

For a supposedly audiophile phone, it now sounds like a cheapo 1980s personal stereo.

5ifty

Apr 2, 2014
Dundee
A source code fix was posted on the issue tracker.

Don't know if anyone can do anything with this but on the android issue tracker this was identified as the [dot]android[dash]review[dot]googlesource[dot]com[slash][hash][slash]c[slash]70749[slash]1[slash]libFLAC[slash]Android[dot]mk

tschmidt84

Aug 22, 2008
How on earth has this issue got past testing? And then subsequently still got pushed out across the world (today in the UK in my case)?

For a supposedly audiophile phone, it now sounds like a cheapo 1980s personal stereo.

I guess LGs audio engineers have really bad hearing on their left ear!

ludovicien

Apr 4, 2012
Brussels
I have to dig up this thread after all this time. Is there any likelihood that this will be fixed by 5.0 if that ever happens? I'm on my fourth G2, love everything about the phone but the crackling is unbearable. I have 4 weeks before my next Amazon return window and as I may need to return it would prefer not to root. Is this really a software issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.