[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

Search This thread

ucsblaw

Apr 12, 2010
this supports zpad t2 new bootloader as well as old bootloader. make sure to get the right download for your device.

Thanks! Im a bit of a noob...did you mean that if I have the correct bootloader then I can flash this rom or are there other roms on here that I should be looking at? Sorry if im not understanding u correctly. I appreciate the help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Thanks! Im a bit of a noob...did you mean that if I have the correct bootloader then I can flash this rom or are there other roms on here that I should be looking at? Sorry if im not understanding u correctly. I appreciate the help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

the zpad t2 has 2 bootloaders available for it.

please find out which one yours has before flashing.

or you can trial and error it.

flash the non zpad_newbl first. if you get stuck on the first screen, hard shutdown, back to recovery, and flash the zpad_newbl file.

ucsblaw

Apr 12, 2010
gtab/zpad/zpad(new bl) - 2.6.32.38 - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated

ok cool. I'm currently running harmony-eng 2.2 frf91 (I got this off a friend and have no clue if it's rooted or not...I don't think it is...) and I also need to flash CW recovery.

So, if I want to try and flash your latest GB rom, do I first install the boot-cm_2632.38 GB or Froyo bootloader?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
ok cool. I'm currently running harmony-eng 2.2 frf91 (I got this off a friend and have no clue if it's rooted or not...I don't think it is...) and I also need to flash CW recovery.

So, if I want to try and flash your latest GB rom, do I first install the boot-cm_2632.38 GB or Froyo bootloader?

that's a froyo rom.

you would flash the filename(s) without _gb in it.

Reactions: ucsblaw

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Anyone running Nenamark? I've seen slightly over 60 fps with either an earlier version of this kernel or Clemson's kerenl, can't remember (or could have been a GB combo too). No screen off tricks prior to benchmarking. Getting low 50's on the 4/19 kernel.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Anyone running Nenamark? I've seen slightly over 60 fps with either an earlier version of this kernel or Clemson's kerenl, can't remember. No screen off tricks prior to benchmarking. Getting low 50's on the 4/19 kernel.

not touching the GPU. it may be indirectly affected, however.

if you want to bench, pin it at 1.4GHZ (min/max), then let it rip.

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
not touching the GPU. it may be indirectly affected, however.

if you want to bench, pin it at 1.4GHZ (min/max), then let it rip.

Oh pedal to metal for all benchmarking no doubt :D

It must have been a different kernel and may have been on CM7 at the time. Trying too many things out with my new toy to remember.

EDIT: Alright, I remember now. I got 60.x fps with Neocore, that's what I was thinking of. 60.9 fps with 4/19 kernel.

Last edited:

g8rzz187

Dec 7, 2010
I've upgraded to VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony from Vegan 5.1 - seems to be running great (thanks for everyone's work). Do you change kernels the same way you do ROMs? Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. Thanks for any help.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I've upgraded to VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony from Vegan 5.1 - seems to be running great (thanks for everyone's work). Do you change kernels the same way you do ROMs? Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. Thanks for any help.

yes.

just flash the .zip file appropriate for your rom os in recovery.

take care to read the blog posting in its entirety (look for known issues, note:, instructions, etc.).

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
I tried this on a freshly installed CM7 nightly 41 imaged gtablet, and it couldn't get past the boot (bootlooped?) - it was the apr 17th rev of your kernel.

Any chance this version will work better, or any tips as to what I may have done wrong?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
U had a bad flash.

Reflash your rom clean (clear dalvik first)

Then flash the latest kernel file.

Scuter

Dec 30, 2008
Yup I installed your latest kernal. Seems ok no problems so far. I will post if i find errors. Wait this new kernal wouldn't be the cause of my washing machine not coming out of the final spin cycle?
:D

BTW, great job on the 04/15 oc.

aasoror

Jun 24, 2008
Kitchener, ON
Xiaomi Mi A2
I posted this on the CM7 thread (in the general section) but apparently no one is having similar issues, so I am trying here too because the only variable on the CM7 ROM is pershoots amazing overclocking kernel.

"I have consistently noticed this with CM7 on my gtab (#39 then #41) the battery indicator is messed up, it charges till 100% keeps there till the battery is fully drained, it also doesn't show that its plugged (when its plugged) till screen is locked.

Battery is charging fine though.
I have pershoot OC kernel since day one with CM7, not sure if its related though, any one has experienced this ?"

Is there any chance this is kernel related ?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
not kernel or rom related.

charging/drain is working just fine over here.

im on a freshly built from src (yesterday night) rom + 4/19 rls.

this is a known issue with certain gtablets.

i am unsure of the fix for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: aasoror

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Pershoot,

Is your toolchain available for download? I want the smaller compiled size it has!

Thanks,
Jim

a GCC4.4 (which i assume you are using now) based one should be just a bit bigger. If you use 4.4, you should change arch/arm/vfp/Makefile to use vfp3-d16 instead of vfp (what it is now), for best results.

you can find the toolchain I use, and newer one's at codesourcery.

Reactions: jmdearras

Dueces99

Mar 7, 2011
@pershoot

Is there a way to increase voltage to the wifi? I asked in hopes that in doing so would increase my signal. If it is possible, do you think it would even be necessary or even make a difference? Thanx for any input on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP - Gtab/Zpad

-Initial release for Viewsonic’s Gtablet/Malata Zpad

-merge up to nvidia’s 10.9.9
    -merge up to Kernel.org’s 2.6.32.48
    -add NTFS (w./ write support (proceed with caution if writing!)),AUFS,CIFS,FUSE,TUN,HFSPlus,NFS Client v3/4 (kernel modules; pull the desired module from lib-2632.48.tar.gz and place in to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.48-cyanogenmod/ and use insmod to insert) and EXT4 (in-built)
    -DM_CRYPT/Ciphers/Routines,Cgroups,Namespaces support,Errata’s 430973,458693,460075
    -ondemand governor default
    -tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)
    -cortex-a9/vfp cc -O1 optimisations, using CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203 ARM-EABI toolchain
    -pull in a few changes from vision-2632
    -use bcm4329, Version 4.218.248-23, FW Version 4.218.248-18
    -add MP/PPP/TP/OE and USB Serial,IPV4/6,Netfilter, and Queuing options
    -oc to 1.4GHZ; min mv: 900, max mv: 1200
    -reduce voltages

-statically compile koush’s anykernel for use with harmony/tegra2, and add an unpackbootimg script

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
    gtab/zpad/t8 - 2.6.32.48 - refreshed
    gtab/zpad(old/new bl) - 2.6.32.42 - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated.
    so do we have overclocking yet?

not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).