Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
Tytung's Statistics

@svetius -- Since you seem to be the young whippersnapper involved, please unlock Tytung's Profile/Statistics screen which appears to have been locked. When chosen, the screen flashes quickly and is then replaced with the screen from which I tried to get to Statistics. It makes it much easier to locate valuable information that I (and others) might need.

Edit: @svetius -- since this post was, most likely, already read, I owe you a public apology and will do so here. I am sorry.

It appears the issue is with IE8, as my other browsers have no such issue. Why the change in website coding?

Last edited:

anil@aol.com

Dec 14, 2012
Attached is a zip file, flashable from recovery, that adds a new POWER off button to the navigation bar settings menu. This is a different mod than the invisible power button that I previously posted.

The previous mod replaces the search button with an invisible power button, and is similar to many other mods that have been available for quite some time.

This mod adds a new power button to the possible choices, along with a visible power icon. The search button is untouched and can be used in one of the other navigation bar slots.

There is one caution with this mod. If you choose to remove the mod, make sure you first disable the power button in the CyanogenMod settings menu by choosing "Empty". Otherwise, the system UI will try to use a capability that is no longer present.

Hello:
Will this work on the CM10.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy II SGH-T989 (T-Mobile) also OR is this specific to the HD2 hardware.
Thanks

agbommarito

Oct 12, 2009
Shawnee, KS
I am worried about my HD2's hardware buttons, my back button backlight has started to flicker now. so i am worried to use any hardware button at all. the problem is: nav bar doesnt have menu functions unless using paranoid or aokp rom. i love tytung's roms, could go upto the extent of trying to mod the systemui.apk or whatever is needed. or maybe you could help making the nav bar with 5 buttons corresponding to the hardware buttons? we could leave out the 'call' green button and multitasking button could go into home (long press, customizable in rom) or it could get a separate button. so minimal it could be 'home, menu, back, power(invisibe or visible)' or maximal all 5 buttons with nav bar height reduced). that would be a great job done! hope i will hear whats ur idea on this.

I don't think you can do exactly what you describe. The EndCall-Power button (the one on the far right) is the only one that can wake up the phone from power off. That is the HD2 hardware design. You can program a softkey to be the menu button, though. There are two choices, one is called menu-autohide and the other menu-always show. You can try them out using the far right softkey and see if they give you the menu functions you want.

Rahil S

Oct 20, 2012
Pune
Could anyone please tell where tytung will release his new rom? As far as I know that could not be xda anymore...

I have another idea too...Isn't it possible to we all sign a petition and forward it to xda admins to ask give tytung the permission of releasing new roms here again?

Sent from my NexusHD2 running Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 using XDA Premium app

What???
Tytung is not going to release his ROMs here??
From where did u get this news??
You gotta be kidding...

agbommarito

Oct 12, 2009
Shawnee, KS
I am worried about my HD2's hardware buttons, my back button backlight has started to flicker now. so i am worried to use any hardware button at all. the problem is: nav bar doesnt have menu functions unless using paranoid or aokp rom. i love tytung's roms, could go upto the extent of trying to mod the systemui.apk or whatever is needed. or maybe you could help making the nav bar with 5 buttons corresponding to the hardware buttons? we could leave out the 'call' green button and multitasking button could go into home (long press, customizable in rom) or it could get a separate button. so minimal it could be 'home, menu, back, power(invisibe or visible)' or maximal all 5 buttons with nav bar height reduced). that would be a great job done! hope i will hear whats ur idea on this.

Hello:
Will this work on the CM10.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy II SGH-T989 (T-Mobile) also OR is this specific to the HD2 hardware.
Thanks

I think the mod will only work on this particular Tytung ROM on the HD2. The file that gets modified (SystemUI.apk) is specifically compiled for a particular device.

You could probably make a similar mod for the Galaxy S2. Search the forums for how to use the program apktool and install it on your PC. You also need to have Java installed. It's good to have the Android SDK installed also so that you can zipalign the final package, though this is optional. After apktool is installed, the steps are:

1) Extract the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files from the ROM that you want to modify.
2) Install the framework-res-apk file using the command apktool if framework-res.apk
3) Decompile the SystemUI.apk file using the command apktool d SystemUI.apk
4) Modify the SystemUI files. I suggest decompiling one of my mods, both the original SystemUI.apk file and the modded SystemUI.apk file. Compare the two directory trees to see what files were changed. Using that example, you'd have to then modify the Galaxy S2 files.
5) Recompile the SystemUI.apk file using the command apktool b SystemUI.apk
6) Replace everything in the original SystemUI.apk file with the modded files, leaving only the META-INF folder.
7) Zipalign the new SystemUI.apk file. Search the Google Android docs for how to use zipalign.
7) The final step is to flash the new SystemUI.apk file. My mods use the Aroma installer based on the example of Tytung's ROM installer. You can also unzip your entire ROM on the PC, replace the old SystemUI.apk file with the new one. Then zip the ROM again and flash it to your device. That keeps you from having to learn how to program Aroma.

Good luck if you decide to try this.

slashas69

Jun 13, 2010
Vilnius
I don't think you can do exactly what you describe. The EndCall-Power button (the one on the far right) is the only one that can wake up the phone from power off. That is the HD2 hardware design. You can program a softkey to be the menu button, though. There are two choices, one is called menu-autohide and the other menu-always show. You can try them out using the far right softkey and see if they give you the menu functions you want.

You can make volume hw buttons to wake up the phone ;)

agbommarito

Oct 12, 2009
Shawnee, KS
You can make volume hw buttons to wake up the phone ;)

You can use any of the seven hardware buttons (volume up, volume down, call, home, menu, back or end call) to wake the phone up from sleep mode if you use something like ButtonRemapper to program the Android keyboard table. But if the phone has been turned completely off, the end call button is the only one that will turn it on.

What agbommarito said is that you can't use any other button to turn the phone on if it is off.

Though you could plug in the usb cable and press the reset button to boot the phone.;) ...on clk.

You are correct. Plugging in a USB cable and pressing the reset button in the battery compartment will boot the phone. Just plugging in a USB cable will boot the phone if you are using Magldr. I think that the 512M European version of the HD2 doesn't have the reset button. That only appeared on the 1024M TMOUS version.

Reactions: gogodu5sU

gogodu5sU

Apr 2, 2008
You can use any of the seven hardware buttons (volume up, volume down, call, home, menu, back or end call) to wake the phone up from sleep mode if you use something like ButtonRemapper to program the Android keyboard table. But if the phone has been turned completely off, the end call button is the only one that will turn it on.

You are correct. Plugging in a USB cable and pressing the reset button in the battery compartment will boot the phone. Just plugging in a USB cable will boot the phone if you are using Magldr. I think that the 512M European version of the HD2 doesn't have the reset button. That only appeared on the 1024M TMOUS version.

The 512M European version of the HD2 does have a reset button.

Reactions: tithy

clarkg

Jan 9, 2008
Auckland
What???
Tytung is not going to release his ROMs here??
From where did u get this news??
You gotta be kidding...

I would guess that they would be released on his site where the download link in the first post of this thread points to. I'm sure we are all used to going there to download his ROMs. I for one would be happy enough to keep checking it for a new release.

anil@aol.com

Dec 14, 2012
I think the mod will only work on this particular Tytung ROM on the HD2. The file that gets modified (SystemUI.apk) is specifically compiled for a particular device.

You could probably make a similar mod for the Galaxy S2. Search the forums for how to use the program apktool and install it on your PC. You also need to have Java installed. It's good to have the Android SDK installed also so that you can zipalign the final package, though this is optional. After apktool is installed, the steps are:

1) Extract the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files from the ROM that you want to modify.
2) Install the framework-res-apk file using the command apktool if framework-res.apk
3) Decompile the SystemUI.apk file using the command apktool d SystemUI.apk
4) Modify the SystemUI files. I suggest decompiling one of my mods, both the original SystemUI.apk file and the modded SystemUI.apk file. Compare the two directory trees to see what files were changed. Using that example, you'd have to then modify the Galaxy S2 files.
5) Recompile the SystemUI.apk file using the command apktool b SystemUI.apk
6) Replace everything in the original SystemUI.apk file with the modded files, leaving only the META-INF folder.
7) Zipalign the new SystemUI.apk file. Search the Google Android docs for how to use zipalign.
7) The final step is to flash the new SystemUI.apk file. My mods use the Aroma installer based on the example of Tytung's ROM installer. You can also unzip your entire ROM on the PC, replace the old SystemUI.apk file with the new one. Then zip the ROM again and flash it to your device. That keeps you from having to learn how to program Aroma.

Good luck if you decide to try this.

Thank you. Will try it as soon as I get some time. Will let you know if I succeed.

gary.swallow

Feb 17, 2010
Louth, Lincolnshire
com.android.settings has stopped

Hi guys,
I have been using Tytung ROMs for a couple of years now with no issues.
This version however gives me an issue.
The ROM installs fine and launches the welcome screen (language select) but as soon as it leaves this screen it gives the "Unfortunately, com.android.settings has stopped" message...it allows me to go through the rest of the setup process and gets to the home screen ok..
Everything works fine until I open the settings screen and it gives the error again (and again..and again).
The settings icon in the launcher etc is the android guy with "com.android.settings" under it rather than the usual icon with "settings" under it..
Any other Tytung ROM flashes perfectly every time.
I have Task29 multiple times, Magldr and CLK versions, different partition sizes (minimal install 200 and full 285) also 300MB...
I am just downloading the 2.1 version of this ROM now to see if it is just 2.2 that fails..
I have tried this 20 or 30 times now but it always gives the same error (also downloaded the ROM from all servers and using different computers etc...MD5 always checks ok)...
I may have to go back to the Android 4.1 ROM as that was perfectly stable..
Anyone got any ideas?

EU HD2
Data on EXT (1GB partition)
16GB SD card

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Hi guys,
I have been using Tytung ROMs for a couple of years now with no issues.
This version however gives me an issue.
The ROM installs fine and launches the welcome screen (language select) but as soon as it leaves this screen it gives the "Unfortunately, com.android.settings has stopped" message...it allows me to go through the rest of the setup process and gets to the home screen ok..
Everything works fine until I open the settings screen and it gives the error again (and again..and again).
The settings icon in the launcher etc is the android guy with "com.android.settings" under it rather than the usual icon with "settings" under it..
Any other Tytung ROM flashes perfectly every time.
I have Task29 multiple times, Magldr and CLK versions, different partition sizes (minimal install 200 and full 285) also 300MB...
I am just downloading the 2.1 version of this ROM now to see if it is just 2.2 that fails..
I have tried this 20 or 30 times now but it always gives the same error (also downloaded the ROM from all servers and using different computers etc...MD5 always checks ok)...
I may have to go back to the Android 4.1 ROM as that was perfectly stable..
Anyone got any ideas?

EU HD2
Data on EXT (1GB partition)
16GB SD card

Nope...V2.1 does the same...will not let me into the settings..icons are Android guy still...
:confused:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Try increasing system partition to 390, your data is on ext4 so you dont need the extra nand space.
Also try increasing your 1gb ext4 and format it with recovery.

Reactions: gary.swallow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 is a stable and fast JellyBean ROM which is mainly built from the CyanogenMod 10.1 source code and first provides supports for native 720p video playback and hardware video recording for HTC HD2.

• Include Android JellyBean 4.2.2 (JDQ39E)
    • Include CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM-10.1.0-stable)
    • Include htcleo-2.6.32 kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2
    • Include tytung's JellyBean CM10.1 ramdisk (initrd.gz).
    • Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files.

This discussion thread was deprecated since v2.3.
    Mod edit: Link removed
    NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1_with_Phone.png
    Changelog

Changelog:

• V2.4 (Jul. 7, 2013)
      • Updated to CM-10.1.0 stable source code.
      • Fixed Bluetooth Tethering (Credits: marco.palumbi) Mod edit: Link removed
      • Added Privacy Guard support (Credits: CM)
      • Updated to Google Search 2.6.7.7219
      • Updated to Gmail 4.5.2-7141
    • V2.3 (Jun. 23, 2013)
      • Updated to CM-10.1.0-RC5 source code.
      • Updated to LowSoundFixer_v1.0.7.apk for fixing the low sound issue for CM-10.x. (Updated BT events. Not sure fix BT or not) (Credit: tytung)
      • Backported source code to fix native USB Tethering for CM-10.1 (frameworks_base) (Credit: tytung)
      • Added HWUI framework patch for CM-10.1 to support HWUI deny app HwaSettings.apk (Credits: royale1223 and tytung)
      • Allowed users to remove DSP Manager in the AROMA Installer. (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the black screen of incoming calls. (updated build.prop)
      • Updated the etc/init.d/99_lowmemorykiller tweak.
      • Updated to the latest hosts file (May-21-2013) for blocking ads.
      • Updated to Google Calendar 201305280
      • Updated to Google Maps 6.14.4
      • Updated to Google Play Store 4.1.6
      • Updated to Google Play services 3.1.36
      • Updated to Google Search 2.5.8.6757
      • Updated to Gmail 4.5-694836
      • Updated to YouTube 4.5.17
    • V2.2 (May 11, 2013)
      • Updated to CM-10.1.0-RC1 source code.
      • Included initrd.gz patch for NAND users. (Credit: marco.palumbi)
      • Included LowSoundFixer_v1.0.6.apk to fix the low sound issue for CM-10.x. (Credit: tytung)
      • Added WiFi Ad-Hoc Network support for CM-10.1 (wpa_supplicant v2.0 adhoc and Settings.apk) (Credit: tytung)
      • Backported source code to fix native WiFi Tethering for CM-10.1 (frameworks_base and netd) (Credit: tytung)
      • Updated to Google Play Store 4.0.27
    • V2.1 (Apr. 21, 2013)
      • Updated CM 10.1 source code.
      • Fixed H/W video encoding (smooth video recording via GPU with 640x480 15 fps MPEG4) for CM-10.1 source code (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the glitchy preview of Camera, Camcorder, and Panorama by replacing with JB 4.1.2 version (Gallery2.apk and libjni_legacymosaic.so) (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the hard reboot when quick replying a SMS via the notification bar (copybit.qsd8k.so and hwcomposer.qsd8k.so) (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the 1 bar signal strength showing issue (change ro.telephony.ril.v3) (Credit: andylauhl)
      • Added the script to turn off the button backlight (Credit: zain0300)
      • Made "Settings>Display>Volume rocker wake" option visible for CM 10.1 again (Credit: paulwoodward)
    • V2.0 (Apr. 7, 2013)
      • Upgraded to Android JellyBean 4.2.2 (JDQ39)
      • Upgraded to CM 10.1 source code (also used Display, WiFi, etc. git from Evervolv) and fixed a lots of stuffs (source code, config files, etc.) for HD2. (Credits: tytung, CM and Evervolv teams)
      • Updated initrd.gz to CM 10.1 version (Credit: tytung)
      • Updated all Google apps to JellyBean 4.2.2 version (Credits: Google)
      • Fixed H/W video decoding (native 720p video playback) for CM-10.1 source code (Based on Legacy QCOM OMX Mods) (Credits: tytung and Ganster41)
      • Included LowSoundFixer.apk v1.0.3 (The same features as v1.0.2. Besides, remove some debug info and only retain the background service code) (Credit: tytung)
      • Updated to the latest hosts file (April-02-2013) for blocking ads.
      • Internet call using the built-in SIP dialer now works.
      • Camcorder and WiFi Tethering are broken after upgrading to CM10.1 (Credit: CM :p)
    V2.1

V2.1 (Apr. 21, 2013)
    • Updated CM 10.1 source code.
    • Fixed H/W video encoding (smooth video recording via GPU with 640x480 15 fps MPEG4) for CM-10.1 source code (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the glitchy preview of Camera, Camcorder, and Panorama by replacing with JB 4.1.2 version (Gallery2.apk and libjni_legacymosaic.so) (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the hard reboot when quick replying a SMS via the notification bar (copybit.qsd8k.so and hwcomposer.qsd8k.so) (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the 1 bar signal strength showing issue (change ro.telephony.ril.v3) (Credit: andylauhl)
    • Added the script to turn off the button backlight (Credit: zain0300)
    • Made "Settings>Display>Volume rocker wake" option visible for CM 10.1 again (Credit: paulwoodward)

Downloads:
    • ROM:
      download.ico
      NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1_V2.1.zip (MD5sum: EB0D94B70EA0A3F4C91FE46A158AB45A)

• This is a copyrighted ROM that includes tytung's proprietary libs, e.g., hardware video decoding/encoding libs for HD2.
      • If anyone reuses my libs, you should link to this page and give me the proper credit.
      • To mirror and/or to redistribute this ROM in any way is strictly forbidden and violates the copyright laws.
    • Tool:
      download.ico
      NativeSD Recovery v1.0 for NativeSD users.
    • Wiki: Please visit FAQ for JellyBean 4.2.2 (CM10.1) while waiting for your files to download.
    V2.4 (Jul. 7, 2013)
    • Updated to CM-10.1.0 stable source code.
    • Fixed Bluetooth Tethering (Credits: marco.palumbi) Mod edit: Link removed
    • Added Privacy Guard support (Credits: CM)
    • Updated to Google Search 2.6.7.7219
    • Updated to Gmail 4.5.2-7141

Downloads:
    • ROM:
      download.ico

• This is a copyrighted ROM including the features (e.g., hardware video decoding/encoding, WiFi Ad Hoc network, and native WiFi tethering for CM 10.1) developed by tytung for HD2.
      • To distribute this ROM in any way (including but not limited to mirror, theme, port, repackage this ROM) is strictly forbidden and violates the copyright laws.
    • Tool:
      download.ico

If you need help with an issue, please post it in the Q&A and troubleshooting topic:
    V2.3 (Jun. 23, 2013)
    • Updated to CM-10.1.0-RC5 source code.
    • Updated to LowSoundFixer_v1.0.7.apk for fixing the low sound issue for CM-10.x. (Updated BT events. Not sure fix BT or not) (Credit: tytung)
    • Backported source code to fix native USB Tethering for CM-10.1 (frameworks_base) (Credit: tytung)
    • Added HWUI framework patch for CM-10.1 to support HWUI deny app HwaSettings.apk (Credits: royale1223 and tytung)
    • Allowed users to remove DSP Manager in the AROMA Installer. (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the black screen of incoming calls. (updated build.prop)
    • Updated the etc/init.d/99_lowmemorykiller tweak.
    • Updated to the latest hosts file (May-21-2013) for blocking ads.
    • Updated to Google Calendar 201305280
    • Updated to Google Maps 6.14.4
    • Updated to Google Play Store 4.1.6
    • Updated to Google Play services 3.1.36
    • Updated to Google Search 2.5.8.6757
    • Updated to Gmail 4.5-694836
    • Updated to YouTube 4.5.17

Downloads:
    • ROM:
      download.ico

• This is a copyrighted ROM including the features (e.g., hardware video decoding/encoding, WiFi Ad Hoc network, and native WiFi tethering for CM 10.1) developed by tytung for HD2.
      • To distribute this ROM in any way (including but not limited to mirror, theme, port, repackage this ROM) is strictly forbidden and violates the copyright laws.
    • Tool:
      download.ico

Mod edit: Removed