Moto G Engineer/Service Mode

Search This thread

rohanraarora

Jan 12, 2014
New Delhi
Hey can anyone please Help me out :confused:
I was using micromax a116 having MTK processor and for those devices dialling *#*#3646633#*# would get you to engineer mode.
i want to know similar code for moto g :)

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Unlock bootloader has nothing to do with engineer mode!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dialler access codes are disabled on at least some Moto G variants. If it's not disabled it should be *#*#4636#*#*

If it is disabled and you are using a Launcher that supports shortcuts to app activities it's pretty straightforward to create a shortcut to the .TestingSettings activity (which is what the dialler code takes you to).

If not the free app on the Play Store 'Phone Testing' does the same thing.

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
*#*#2486#*#*

Hey can anyone please Help me out :confused:
I was using micromax a116 having MTK processor and for those devices dialling *#*#3646633#*# would get you to engineer mode.
i want to know similar code for moto g :)

*#*#2486#*#*

Use the code in Dialer! and Done!

You might get 2 or 3 option there.......Explore on Your Own from there

If back keys dont work use volume keys to navigate

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a

*#*#2486#*#*

Use the code in Dialer! and Done!

You might get 2 or 3 option there.......Explore on Your Own from there

If back keys dont work use volume keys to navigate

This is for CQAtest right? Does it only work on rooted devices? For me (unrooted stock XT1032 - UK tesco variant) this dialler code briefly flashes up an app window which then closes. The same thing happens if I try and launch CQATest directly from the app drawer.

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
No idea man

This is for CQAtest right? Does it only work on rooted devices? For me (unrooted stock XT1032 - UK tesco variant) this dialler code briefly flashes up an app window which then closes. The same thing happens if I try and launch CQATest directly from the app drawer.

I rooted the phone from day one, and didn't try the code before rooting. I'll see if I can get hands on an unrooted Asia retail and see if problem can be re-created.

Or give me some hours I'll check by flashing stock rom

Last edited:

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
No It doesnt seem to be a root issue

I rooted the phone from day one, and didn't try the code before rooting. I'll see if I can get hands on an unrooted Asia retail and see if problem can be re-created.

Or give me some hours I'll check by flashing stock rom

I switched to Global firmware and tried opening it, it worked like a charm, no issues at all and device isn't rooted as well!
Maybe it has to something with unlocked bootloader
or may be with the british Firmware!

faticata

Jan 9, 2014
OnePlus 8
Speaking in menus, does you now any option (engineer mode menu) or build.prop edit to increase the sound or other audio increasing options?

AECRADIO

Aug 31, 2013
Payson, AZ.
www.facebook.com
Moto-G secondary menus.

Dialler access codes are disabled on at least some Moto G variants. If it's not disabled it should be *#*#4636#*#*

If it is disabled and you are using a Launcher that supports shortcuts to app activities it's pretty straightforward to create a shortcut to the .TestingSettings activity (which is what the dialler code takes you to).

If not the free app on the Play Store 'Phone Testing' does the same thing.

My device does not allow dialing the codes to gain access using the *#*#4636#*#*.
It simply dials that bogus command string.

xenas

Jun 30, 2013
My xt1032 European give me access with the code imputed on the dialer. Stock Rom, unrooted.

ol_st

Aug 2, 2014
Moto G XT1033 change IMEI

I am asking for your help. After wrong manipulations with the firmware I erased both IMEI of my Moto G XT1033.

At the moment they are both equal to 0. Is there a possibility to write them in EEPROM again like using the following combination:
Code:
echo 'AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI_1"' > /dev/pttycmd1
Code:
echo 'AT+EGMR=1,10,"IMEI_2"' > /dev/pttycmd1

Unfortunately I was unlucky with them...

Originated from AsiaRetail.en.03

Thanks!

Last edited:

motoger24

Feb 14, 2018
Don't have to be root

To launch the CQATest application you should enable developer tools (settings > about phone > build number > tap 7 times). Then enable USB debugging (settings > developer options > USB debugging).

Launch it with hidden code *#*#2486#*#* on dialer.

Top Liked Posts