[HOWTO] Backup my SGS, Backup Apps, Best practices before & after flash

Search This thread

defreng

Jun 22, 2010
Good evening guys,

I tried to backup my diary entries using Titanium Backup, but when I tried to restore them on the new Firmware they didn't appear. Same for my SMS Messages...

Could you tell what exactly I have to backup?

Thank you for your help!

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Backup Methods Before Flashing?

I've been using MyBackupPro, but it does not save any of my settings. I have to set up a lot of stuff like email accounts and so on every time I flash.

Is there a better way?

azazin

Jun 16, 2010
No I haven't yet. I read reviews of MyBackupPro, saying it's the best :) So I bought it.

Does Titanium Backup save preferences, including passwords and email settings?

Hey,

I believe it does, it saves all of my preferences with games like Alsphalt so it should do the same with your e-mail.

Try it, it's free.

kirandeep

Jul 19, 2009
stupid question: Is somebody working on a custom recovery image with Nandroid or something?

I hope someone is, that would be best option, titanium is brilliant though and has saved me a few times, I have it scheduled to backup everynight.

I also use Mybackup pro for sms and call logs etc.

neither can bring your homescreen widgets back as before.

welshlad

Jul 13, 2010
Is there anything that saves your facebook/google links in contacts? That's the thing I find most annoying having to go back through them one by one...

zippokc

Sep 23, 2008
Titanium backup in its current form is not functioning correctly on my phone aswell as many other galaxys users

welly_59

Jul 14, 2010
Best backup app for galaxy?

Is there anything out there which will backup our apps, contacts etc before I flash a new rom to my phone? Is it possible in kies? I'm loath to have to link my face book and google mail contacts again

OrionTC

Jun 6, 2010
Backup apps/settings to PC? possible?

Hi all, i have seen many threads regarding backup apps such as wave/titanium pro etc but im wondering if its possible to backup to a PC?

as much as its a naughty word, i liked apples way of backing up using itunes. you simply plugged in your phone and voila its backing up into a friendly restorable format.

i just want a simple backup of my device encase i flash to others roms.

is this possible?

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
i don't know of such application.

but what is so bad about backing it up to the External SD card?

you want your backup to be with you all the time, so in case of "OMG! happens", you can easily Hard Reset, then restore from backup from the SD card.

once on the SD card, you can easily copy it over to your PC, the next time you hookup your USB cable.

if you want it done automatically, you can always create a script on your PC to grab X files from X folder every time the USB connects to X device

I love the backup software from PalmOS, they works automatically just as you wanted.

I never found a good one that actually works on WinMobile

in Android it's almost perfect, it just missing the part to sync the backups to the desktop automatically.

But that's a minor thing, as you can do the batch command mentioned above.

OrionTC

Jun 6, 2010
never thought of it like that.

as for backup apps which one is proving decent? i see alot about wave and titanium backup.

alain57

Jul 15, 2010
what do you guys use to backup all your data before changing firmware

I already flashed my girlfriend's galaxy S twice
and each time i was installing and configuring the device as she want...

Once again there is a new firmware that correct some interesting part (GPS)
but i REALLY don't want to loose 2 hours of my time to
a: install the apps my gf has
b: configure the device (font, ring tone, volume ...)

so question : what are you using to save the time of installing/configurating...

thanks in advance