[SOLVED] install failed shared user incompatible

Search This thread

ceut

Dec 25, 2009
Same problem with GoogleMaps, applied the 1rst post tweak under Recovery with ADB, and GREAT, that's worked for me too !:good: :good:
Be careful: in my case I have modded 2 files: the first one is "packages.xml" and the 2nd one is "packages-more-backup", same directory same size.
Then delete the Dalvik-Cache and gooo :highfive:

kazama0

Oct 3, 2010
Same problem with GoogleMaps, applied the 1rst post tweak under Recovery with ADB, and GREAT, that's worked for me too !:good: :good:
Be careful: in my case I have modded 2 files: the first one is "packages.xml" and the 2nd one is "packages-more-backup", same directory same size.
Then delete the Dalvik-Cache and gooo :highfive:

hey, hello. i have same problem with the gmaps. i want to ask you what di dyou changed in packages.xml file? you deleted all that block with maps? or just did something with used ID? because i tried it once. i deleted all block with maps. i made it throught the root explorer on my phone, then boot into recovery, deleted dalv.cache, and when i booted in the system that file recovers i think

hideakikarate

Jun 25, 2010
Tried it and more, but...

So I didn't use adb (what the heck is abd anyway) but have a root explorer app and titanium backup. Used titanium backup to remove Google maps (my problem app), found two files in the Dalvik cache and deleted them, then copied the packages.xml file and deleted everything from <shared user> to </shared user> for the maps info. Took the new xml and copied it back into data/system and then reboot. From there Iv'e tried using the play store and the apk to install maps 6.14.2, not at the same time, mind you. I did all that before using either install method and still haven't been able to resolve this. Usually the only issue I have is with the packages not signed correctly which is fixed with Titanium Backup and a reboot, but this is new and a lasting problem still.

johnannis

Oct 16, 2012
Thessaloniki
I have this problem with googleplaysevices.apk
I have read that and found it very useful but i am a bit confused, I followed your instructions but i dont know whitch lines to delete for my apk...
Sory for the stupidity of the question but if anyone can help please do it :silly:

Reactions: frageniemals

johnannis

Oct 16, 2012
Thessaloniki
In my case the problem was the resigned apks the developer had pushed into his rom, flashed a fixed version of the rom (with stock apks) and now its ok

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

maanski3

Sep 28, 2009
Abu Dhabi
I tried doing this, but I think I'm doing something wrong because it didn't do anything for me, I still have the error when trying to install Google Play Services. I can't sign in to YouTube. -.- Is this already ineffective?

Last edited:
Reactions: frageniemals

philipkroberts

Apr 28, 2013
I attempted the method you mentioned and got the error I didn't have permission to chmod the file, luckily I had a copy of the apk (No its not piracy, the app is free, GO SMS." and could simply use ES file explorer to navigate to and run the apk.
Installation then went without a problem

Just thought i'd share how I did it.

So I didn't use adb (what the heck is abd anyway) but have a root explorer app and titanium backup. Used titanium backup to remove Google maps (my problem app), found two files in the Dalvik cache and deleted them, then copied the packages.xml file and deleted everything from <shared user> to </shared user> for the maps info. Took the new xml and copied it back into data/system and then reboot. From there Iv'e tried using the play store and the apk to install maps 6.14.2, not at the same time, mind you. I did all that before using either install method and still haven't been able to resolve this. Usually the only issue I have is with the packages not signed correctly which is fixed with Titanium Backup and a reboot, but this is new and a lasting problem still.

I can hardly believe you asked what the heck abd is and you have managed to even get this far.
adb is a small program that runs in the console window to allow sending commands back and forth, more can be found about this on a quick google, for some things, i.e. this problem you WILL BE REQUIRE to use adb as somethings it can do that built in file explorers cant "like chmoding a file"

Peace

Reactions: jonjank

vuquan

Nov 7, 2004
hey, hello. i have same problem with the gmaps. i want to ask you what di dyou changed in packages.xml file? you deleted all that block with maps? or just did something with used ID? because i tried it once. i deleted all block with maps. i made it throught the root explorer on my phone, then boot into recovery, deleted dalv.cache, and when i booted in the system that file recovers i think

I have same problem with Gmaps but the method in post#1 can not solves this. I found a moded_signture apk of an older version some where in net. I install the file direct from sdcard, run it normaly. Then, open the Play Store, search the Maps of Google and open it. At this screen, I can uninstall the Google Maps from Play Store, then reinstall it from play store and it is ok.

dardack

Feb 14, 2011
I have same problem with Gmaps but the method in post#1 can not solves this. I found a moded_signture apk of an older version some where in net. I install the file direct from sdcard, run it normaly. Then, open the Play Store, search the Maps of Google and open it. At this screen, I can uninstall the Google Maps from Play Store, then reinstall it from play store and it is ok.

The method in post #1 solved for me.

However, I couldn't su in adb shell correctly. It would run but not give me the #, so the chmod commands/delte davilik-cache I ran from my phones terminal. Then pulled the packages.xml. Found the shared-user apps.map entry, deleted the entire block, saved, pushed back to phone. Deleted the cache. Rebooted.

Opened Play store, installed maps. Worked great.

Thanks to OP for awesome solving this.

question100

Aug 1, 2012
Manila
I attempted the method you mentioned and got the error I didn't have permission to chmod the file, luckily I had a copy of the apk (No its not piracy, the app is free, GO SMS." and could simply use ES file explorer to navigate to and run the apk.
Installation then went without a problem
How did you do it? I'm having the same problem in GoSms now, and I want to know how you did it. I mean, what dalvik cache to be deleted.

Sent from Tyrion Lannister

RockyAJ

Hi,

It worked for me... All you want to do is just comment out the block of XML elements under <shared-user name="android.uid.shared" userId="10012">

Note: I have "Su" permission in my Device.

This is is how i did

<!-- <shared-user name="android.uid.shared" userId="10012">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="3" />

am trying to install google play services on an MT6577 BeElite chinese piece of crap. and i tried to edit the packages.xml file but i can't seem to find any block for gps. someone advise please :/
</sigs>
<perms>
<item name="android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS" />
<item name="com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.mail" />
<item name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<item name="com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.cp" />
<item name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
<item name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS" />
<item name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS" />
<item name="com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH" />
<item name="android.permission.READ_SYNC_STATS" />
<item name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
<item name="android.permission.READ_SMS" />
<item name="android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE" />
<item name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
<item name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<item name="android.permission.SUBSCRIBED_FEEDS_READ" />
<item name="android.permission.VIBRATE" />
<item name="android.permission.SUBSCRIBED_FEEDS_WRITE" />
<item name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
<item name="android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED" />
</perms>
</shared-user> -->

i tried to install google play services on a crappy MT6577 BeElite chinese piece of ... and it won't. it's a rooted device. i tried edit the packages.xml file but i can't seem to find the block for gps. can anyone advise? :/

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
i tried to install google play services on a crappy MT6577 BeElite chinese piece of ... and it won't. it's a rooted device. i tried edit the packages.xml file but i can't seem to find the block for gps. can anyone advise? :/

Open root explorer go to /data/data, find the file com.file name here.android, delete said file, go back to play store, reinstall app. This method worked for me.

Sent with Carbon Strength for my Mazerati using Tapatalk 4

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
but the google play services isn't installed at first place to find the com.file name there

Sorry. Here install this apk. I used to get the play store on my tablet and have not had any opening google play or downloading apps, https://db.tt/DtjjSN8H. Here is an inverted play store for you to try if you want also, https://db.tt/3mYzeESa. Let me know how it goes.......

Sent with Carbon Strength for my Mazerati using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT 31aug2012: also this message appears if there is no "classes.dex" in the apk

Hi,

When you try to install certain apk you might get this error when using "adb install something.apk"

Andoid creates "shared users" like app_1 app_3 etc for packages you install. These UID's are like 10001, 10002, 10003 etc.

Sometimes the administration of these shared users gets messed up and you get error messages like:

INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE

The shared user administration is kept in /data/system:

-rw-rw-r-- system system 129933 2011-08-15 12:08 packages.xml

How to solve? You need a rooted phone and adb:

adb shell chmod 666 /data/system/packages.xml

adb pull /data/system/packages.xml

Now edit (notepad++) and remove the shared user in question xml block from the file:
    Code:
    <shared-user name="com.navngo" userId="10000">
    <sigs count="1">
    <cert index="4" />
    </sigs>
    <perms>
    <item name="android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD" />
    <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
    <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS" />
    <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
    <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    <item name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS" />
    </perms>
    </shared-user>

adb push packages.xml /data/system

adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*

adb reboot

Now you should be able to install that apk.

Cheers
    This problem might also be solved using ad uninstall command. (only for user apps)

Lets keep the same program as above as an example the you type from a dos box:

adb uninstall com.navngo.igo.javaclient

Now install it again. You need to know the package name. You can open the apk with winrar/zip and view the AndroidManifest.xml file. There you see the package name.

Cheers
    Comment out shared-user name="android.uid.shared" xml block

Hi,

I followed the instructions to remove section of android.uid.system in packages.xml. But after reboot, I felt that this file was re-generated and overwritten by system itself. I still can't install my app due to the same incompatible error.

Any help? Thanks!

Hi,

It worked for me... All you want to do is just comment out the block of XML elements under <shared-user name="android.uid.shared" userId="10012">

Note: I have "Su" permission in my Device.

This is is how i did

<!-- <shared-user name="android.uid.shared" userId="10012">
    <sigs count="1">
    <cert index="3" />
    </sigs>
    <perms>
    <item name="android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS" />
    <item name="com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.mail" />
    <item name="com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.cp" />
    <item name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
    <item name="com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH" />
    <item name="android.permission.READ_SYNC_STATS" />
    <item name="android.permission.READ_SMS" />
    <item name="android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE" />
    <item name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    <item name="android.permission.SUBSCRIBED_FEEDS_READ" />
    <item name="android.permission.VIBRATE" />
    <item name="android.permission.SUBSCRIBED_FEEDS_WRITE" />
    <item name="android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED" />
    </perms>
    </shared-user> -->
    android.uid.system (id 1000) is used for installing packages and I think this trick only works for 10.000 and higher id's.

Use google to find out more about the problem: https://www.google.com/search?num=40&hl=en&q=android.uid.system

Cheers
    LLegend thanks a ton buds... helped me fix gmaps :)