[ROM][NAND][CM7.2]unofficial Android 2.3.7 for Rhodium 2013.07.09

Search This thread

Likn'_ùs

Mar 21, 2010
Venezia
Hi everyone!
Thanks for this thread.
I've tried to search but i didn't find something usefull for me!
I'm following the istructions in the first post, but when i insert the microSD card in the phone with the NBH file and than by pulling out the battery i "restart it" with power botton + Volume down, i'm not able to install the image, because the phone says:

Loading... No image found!

Can you help me please?

Thanks and greetings from Italy ;)

Hi everyone!
Thanks for this thread.
I've tried to search but i didn't find something usefull for me!
I'm following the istructions in the first post, but when i insert the microSD card in the phone with the NBH file and than by pulling out the battery i "restart it" with power botton + Volume down, i'm not able to install the image, because the phone says:

Loading... No image found!

Can you help me please?

Thanks and greetings from Italy ;)

Your sd card must be formatted as fat32 and the. Nbh file must be in root of sd

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Your sd card must be formatted as fat32 and the. Nbh file must be in root of sd
This, and...
Some 8gb+ cards have issues, and just will not work. If you have an old 1gb or less card laying around they are perfect for this job.
Use the HP format tool if you still have issues. Windows format is known to be buggy sometimes.
The phone must be unlocked for custom roms too.

Reactions: Likn'_ùs

Likn'_ùs

Mar 21, 2010
Venezia
This, and...
Some 8gb+ cards have issues, and just will not work. If you have an old 1gb or less card laying around they are perfect for this job.
Use the HP format tool if you still have issues. Windows format is known to be buggy sometimes.
The phone must be unlocked for custom roms too.

This is probably the problem! The microSD card.
Unfortunately i don't have another one.. I have to buy it! :crying:

This BTW it's so strange, because i have never had problem with it on my HD2! :crying:

Likn'_ùs

Mar 21, 2010
Venezia
The problem was the microSD! I've tried with another sd and everything works!

I've been able to install this ROM, but it's very slow, and also there is not the possibility to overclock the processor via the CyanogenMod options-menu..
=(
I think i will try out one Froyo ROM (NAND) also if it is a very very old android release! ;)

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
The problem was the microSD! I've tried with another sd and everything works!

I've been able to install this ROM, but it's very slow, and also there is not the possibility to overclock the processor via the CyanogenMod options-menu..
=(
I think i will try out one Froyo ROM (NAND) also if it is a very very old android release! ;)

Try GBX. Way newer than Froyo (not sure if there ever was a nand release). Also supports overclocking.
Also I think that Cyanogen might support overclocking by way of any overclocking app from the market.

kam1967

May 29, 2008
I successfully installed GB 2.3.7 onto my Sprint HTC Touchpro 2, however, I have 2 problems that I need help with.

1) I don't have internet so I need to update my profile (according to sprint) but I do not see an option to update the profile anywhere in the new Android.

2) I used to be able to reboot and have the option to load through zip file but now I only see kexec. How do I update now through the zip..any idea? Thanks.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
I successfully installed GB 2.3.7 onto my Sprint HTC Touchpro 2, however, I have 2 problems that I need help with.

1) I don't have internet so I need to update my profile (according to sprint) but I do not see an option to update the profile anywhere in the new Android.

2) I used to be able to reboot and have the option to load through zip file but now I only see kexec. How do I update now through the zip..any idea? Thanks.

Sprint phones must be activated in WM before loading Android. You will have to wipe, load WM, activate, and then load android again. Sorry.
Reboot options have been broken since 3.3.X kernels were released. I don't think anyone is working on fixing that. If you can downgrade to a .27 kernel and it will fix the issue.
You might want to read this thread. It has the most current and almost complete info.

Reactions: arrrghhh

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Dear everyone who using this rom,
I want to know how long the battery drain out to 0% after you spend time it ? if drain out of battery this rom 's better this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420264 or not?
The battery drain time depends on the kernel, your cell signal, and data usage.
As neither rom you have talked about has the newer ACL battery code in their kernels, they will both perform below average.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
no no everytime when enter main screen after couple of secs reboot. only first time it gave me about minute before start reboot loop...

Yes, my physic powers allowed me to know that before you told me.
miss_cleo.jpg

Any other little details you would like to share, or shall I just keep guessing. Did it ever work for you ?

Last edited:

xmarkom

Apr 13, 2007
Yes, my physic powers allowed me to know that before you told me.
miss_cleo.jpg

Any other little details you would like to share? Did it ever work for you ?

no need to be sarcastic. i m providing info about every of this nand roms for rhodium,

what other info, i installed this rom it reboots non-stop after entering system except first time after installing ROM. i have about minute (i saw then also selecting widget for removing doesnt work either)

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
no need to be sarcastic. i m providing info about every of this nand roms for rhodium,

what other info, i installed this rom it reboots non-stop after entering system except first time after installing ROM. i have about minute (i saw then also selecting widget for removing doesnt work either)

No you are not providing info. That is why you are not getting serious replies.

You have provided no logs. You have not told us what trouble shooting steps you have taken. You have not told us what you are doing between the end of the install, and the start of your problem. All we know is
Rhod400 CDMA Reboot loop. Any ideas?

No one else has ever reported this issue on a RHOD400. I would say you are out of luck with this rom. Best guess is that you do not have a standard RHOD400 phone.

These roms will not be changing any time soon. The only TP2 Android rom that is still being worked on is the GBX rom I have a thread for.
You would probably be best off going back to WM.

jfk_26

Nov 16, 2009
wifi still not working

Thanks will try it. If it work i will upload a new update.zip

Dear Walter79,

I am newby in Android. I followed the instructions and I installed the bundle on my Rhodium. So far everything is ok, just the wifi doesn't get connected. I have WEP-128bit on the AP and I gave the key correctly in my device. In the settings, I see that it tries to connect, then it says "scanning" and then "disconnected". And the loop starts again... Also I cant see the wireless symbol upstairs on the status bar. However if I swith on the bluetooth, the BT symbol apperas and BT is working fine.

Do you have any hints please, what to check?

Thanks
Krisztian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7 for Rhodium

Big thanks to ACL, detule (agps), pcgg (wifi fix) wizardknight (kernel) and CM7 team for HTC Hero support.

Based on official HTC Hero CyanogenMOD 7.2 and some libs, files, kernel and modules from ACLs OMGB or from Xdandroid nand.

AGPS support is from this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149104-testing-rhod-agps-xtra-support.html

2.6.27 kernel

- native tethering is not working

3.3.6 kernel

- native tethering is not working
    - autobacklight is not working
    - reboot is not working
    - bluetooth only working partial
    - usb mass-storage is not working

3.4.41 kernel

- update cm7.2 to 2013.03.01 hero source
    - update kernel to 3.4.41 from wizardknight
    - reboot and autobacklight work
    - bluetooth please test and report if something not work

For faster gps fix --> enable data or wifi connection and gps --> reboot or use Leo AGPS injector
    gps.conf is setup for europe servers.

Download CM7.2:

2.6.27 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-20120424.zip
    3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200523.zip
    CM7.2-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.4.41-201300709.zip

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

How to install starting from Windows Mobile: (HSPL needed on your phone) based on: How to install nand wiki from ACL:

1. install Android-SDK on your Windows PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. copy files from platform-tools.zip to Android-SDK/platform-tools/
    3. copy cwm_recovery_latest.img to Android-SDK/platform-tools/ (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    4. copy RHODIMG.NBH = ACLs LK for Rhodium to the root of your sdcard (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    5. copy CM7.2-xxxx.zip to the root of your sdcard
    6. shut down your phone
    7. connect the phone via USB to your PC
    8. start your phone with Power plus Vol-
    9. phone detect flash image now
    10. flash image
    11. reboot your phone (usb connected)
    12. install HTC android driver (htc android driver.zip)
    13. open windows shell (cmd)
    14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
    1. Fastboot erase recovery
    2. Fastboot erase boot
    3. Fastboot erase misc
    4. Fastboot erase system
    5. Fastboot erase userdata
    6. Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_latest.img

Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load (If it not work unplug USB cable and reset your phone)

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.

1. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    2. Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
    3. Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Edit build.prop and set ro.telephony.network=4 to get CDMA running thanks argenisaz

Better performance settings

- settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/performance

• Compcache = disabled
    • use JIT = disable
    • surface dithering = disabled
    • use 16bit transparency = enabled (system maybe unstable after this)
    - settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/display

• disable screen off animation
    - settings/display

• animations = no animations
    - settings/ADW launcher --> Drawer settings

• disable animated drawer
    • disable fade app labels
    Changelog:

2013.07.09 update kernel and cm7.2 source, new kernel fixed a lot of problems
    2012.05.23 new 3.3.6 kernel build for GSM, back to acl ramdisk, gsm data and apn fixed
    2012.05.22 added CM7.2 build GSM with new detule 3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200522.zip
    2012.05.15 added CM7.2 build GSM and CDMA with new detule 3.3.4 kernel
    2012.04.23 modded ramdisk for ACL kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3OovGFEtCdnSEhMdVZINVlhU2M
    2012.04.20 updated build with ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.16 added link to ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.15 update base to CM-7.2.0 RC1 Hero GSM, zipalign on boot, fix for button backlight
    2012.04.03 fixed keyboard backlight, zipalign all apps
    2012.03.27 first release
    Got a "new" touch pro2. Will update this cm7.2 build. But i will need some time for this.
    I hacked up a zip file that installs the kernel from the latest OMGB release as it has some new battery code. I though I would post it in case someone wants to play with it. The kernel will not work on the 3.x.x versions of this rom I suspect, but I was able to use it with the 2.6.x version. Also some gps libs I pulled from GBX. Not sure if they are newer than the ones in this rom, but there they are. No warranty or support for this is offered. It should be fine, but if your phone becomes Skynet after installing I take no responsibility.
    Information about 3.3.4 kernel build!

- Display will be black if you try to press power and devices sleeps and USB-cable is plugged.
    - without plugged USB-cable display works normal
    - wifi is not working (fixed with 2012-05-22 build)
    - data works only with enabled national/international roaming
    - automatic APN settings did not work
    - autobacklight is not working - switch to manual

- detule 3.3.4 (6) kernel
    - ramdisk modded to work with cm7.2
    - /lib/hw used from Xdandroid GBX0C nand
    - mediaprovider.apk form Xdandroid GBX0C nand (CM7.2 mediaprovider = FC)

CDMA build is not tested.
    Happened again, I made a phone call, the screen went of when I raised the phone near my face, called finished and the screen never came on again, the phone was completely unresponsive. Left alone for a while. Nothing. As as I plugged in the USB cable it rebooted.

Thing is, for me this issue is easy to replicate. It happens only on long calls (over 10 minutes give or take). On short calls I never experience this. But during long calls it happens each and every time.

Posting last kmsg.

Maybe less ram. You run some havy background apps. Try without whatsapp.