I HAD A BIG DREAM... BUILDING MY EXYNOS QUADCORE DREAM TABLET... Ideas Wanted!!

Search This thread

E:V:A

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2011
-∇ϕ
So much for the OP's interest in his own post...
Did we just fall for a dirty marketing trick?

ross231

Jan 24, 2012
Well first let me say this is the coolest thing i've seen on here, i know nothing about phone/tablet hardware but i know a LOT about computer hardware, since this is a tablet would a laptop GPU work in it? Also if possible you should try and take a 4G antenna from another tablet and put it in here, Also could you give us detailed specs? Like the PPI and such of the screen?

I'm thanking you, just for your signature.

lopman

Jul 19, 2011
Sv: I HAD A BIG DREAM... BUILDING MY EXYNOS QUADCORE DREAM TABLET... Ideas Wanted!!

OP are there any updates on this? ?

Sendt fra min GT-N7100 med Tapatalk2

RAMBOcoder

Mar 10, 2012
To really make a great tablet focus customization. If ppl can't hack it easily its worthless. We want hardware that we can develop for that is well documented and not a pain to support!

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
The OP stopped giving a f*** to this long time ago...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

ARPwizard

Oct 22, 2012
HDMI out or mhl via micro USB. High def digital to analog converter for playing back 24 bit audio. Headphone and stereo line in jacks. Sd card slot. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
A krait cpu will be more better, 1-2gb ram, use a universal micro usb, hdmi,wifi b/g/n, 7 inch hd disp,and do the back casing with brushed aluminum ( can use the body to conduct heat out of cpu,gpu,memory,and power chips) , 4000+ma 7.5 battery ( advantage of powering the usb/micro usb port directly with out boosting circuits), 2-4 gb high speed samsung nand memory and micro sd card and full size usb i/o port.
Software :-
Use unlocked boot loader, arm chips are the best suited ones which supports almost all mobile os( win,android,Ubuntu etc). Keep the hardware a future proof and give out proper sources. Use unrooted os, let it be the first tab to support any os a developer want to try.

Regards

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well first let me say this is the coolest thing i've seen on here, i know nothing about phone/tablet hardware but i know a LOT about computer hardware, since this is a tablet would a laptop GPU work in it? Also if possible you should try and take a 4G antenna from another tablet and put it in here, Also could you give us detailed specs? Like the PPI and such of the screen?
    Hello XDA! Greetings from Berlin. :highfive:

My name is Johann I'm a Berlin based Electronics Engineer.

You may be wondering why I'm posting here... Right? Well... I'm building my big dream... The fastest ever Android QuadCore tablet based on an Exynos SOC. Yes, the 4412.

Is there anybody here who wants to give me some suggestions?

From now on, my team and I have successfully integrated the SOC, a GPS + BT module, and, an HD Screen.

What would you like to see on a tablet?
    Hello XDA! Greetings from Berlin. :highfive:

My name is Johann I'm a Berlin based Electronics Engineer.

You may be wondering why I'm posting here... Right? Well... I'm building my big dream... The fastest ever Android QuadCore tablet based on an Exynos SOC. Yes, the 4412.

Is there anybody here who wants to give me some suggestions?

From now on, my team and I have successfully integrated the SOC, a GPS + BT module, and, an HD Screen.

What would you like to see on a tablet?

Isn't that essentially the Note 10.1?

Hi PantechBurstOwner

That's a good idea. We've been researching about the 4G module, and, actually testing it.

The screen we're testing now is an HD 1024x768px, this one is a normal IPS screen (132PPI from LG), but there's a better one comming. I'll update as soon as it arrives here.

For the 4G modem, the main challange is to find a module thin enough to fit on the casing. On the picture attached you can see the left prototype has 3G module in (A 4G one will fit too), and, the right one is much thinner, and, a 4G module doesn't fit :(
    Cyanogenmod would be great, if it's smaller though (think 7 inches) think Paranoid Android.

What would really differentiate it, would be if you already had a dual boot preinstalled on it with a little taste of everything. i.e. MIUI, CM10, and one more ultra customizable ROM (I suppose CM10) with themes that could be applied straight through the software. I understand this would probably be a pain to do, but it would make your tablet the MOST versatile tablet out there.

Also, consider like Asus, you may want to consider shoving a port on the bottom for a keyboard dock. Big fan of keyboards...

(Yes I understand I'm practically spamming you with ideas and not many of them are possible, nonetheless, lots of ideas are better than none... no?)