[Q] Need access to Google keep notes backed up with Titanium

Search This thread

Mubs

Nov 1, 2011
Hey guys,

I've recently changed my rom to slimkat and I had some important notes that i stashed in my google keep. Luckily i have a backup of the app and data on my titanium from when i used to run that version of google keep on beanstalk.

I've tried restoring the app on my current slimkat rom, but it wont let me. Whats the easiest way for me to retrieve those notes?

Cheers

Mubs

IINexusII

Nov 8, 2010
google keep notes are backed up with your google account, you dont need to backup the data using titanium backup.

log in to https://drive.google.com/keep/ and sign in with your google account. does the notes appear? if not then you will need to set auto sync on your phone and make sure keep is synced.

Hey guys,

I've recently changed my rom to slimkat and I had some important notes that i stashed in my google keep. Luckily i have a backup of the app and data on my titanium from when i used to run that version of google keep on beanstalk.

I've tried restoring the app on my current slimkat rom, but it wont let me. Whats the easiest way for me to retrieve those notes?

Cheers

Mubs

Google keep should be synced across your devices.. ? Check https://keep.google.com/
If your notes are there then they've been synced and syncing to your new rom should be fine. If they're not there then either you didn't sync it and now would need to restore the app's data rather than the whole app.

Mubs

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for the replys.

I've tried that and my old notes don't appear. Maybe I didn't sync them using Google before.

Whats my next option? Ive also gone and installed keep off play store. Now that I try to uninstall it using titanium it says failed to uninstall apk file. Come to think of it, its doing the same thing for all the system apps.

Wakamatsu

Jan 3, 2011
If you really need those notes, you may have to reinstall your old ROM, restore the data and sync properly. And restoring system data between different ROMs is often a bad idea.

Mubs

Nov 1, 2011
I managed to sort it.
I installed a fresh copy of keep but had the data transfered over from titanium backup.

I still have the problem where I can't delete system apps though. Can anybody advise on this?

Cheers