[ruu + update.zip][MR1 aka First OTA] May 12th OTA - 1.13.605.7

Search This thread

GoldenCyn

Oct 31, 2007
Brooklyn
www.facebook.com
so uh, whats the difference between this one and Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release
I see different numbers, but all these rom, kernel, and update releases in the past two days is confusing the hell out of me.

akanatrix

Mar 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
so uh, whats the difference between this one and Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release
I see different numbers, but all these rom, kernel, and update releases in the past two days is confusing the hell out of me.

That is the version that the Thunderbolt shipped with. The one linked in this thread is the coming OTA update. Both are stock and non-rooted, as kosher as you can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenCyn

dennyjones

Oct 9, 2010
ok just got my TB im comming from a rooted og droid running ud3.0. so ive read all that i could before i got the TB and i decided to install the zip file in the original post for the unrooted TB. so i put it on my sd card and i renamed it PG05IMG.zip and the i power down my TB and hald volume dwn button and power button together then im in bootload. then from what i understand i hit the power button again then again(twice?) it runs like its trying to flash something but then it stops and says no image or wrong image? yes i made sure that it only has one .zip i tried it with cap and lower case letters? i want to update this now i dont want to wait forever on verizon for this updat that all TB devices should get as soon as they are activated. im having all the issues this zip is suppose to fix. so can someone help??

ps at the top of the bootloader it says s is on if thT MATTERS??

Last edited:

sm0k3y-TB

Mar 28, 2011
I would make sure you have the correct file downloaded and also make sure it is on the root of your of yur sd card.

sent via r00t3d TB - thx jcase!

WormDoes

Aug 9, 2010
Massachusetts
You may have to toggle then select "bootloader" option. When I went into hboot it wouldn't automatically d/l for me so that's what I did.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

dennyjones

Oct 9, 2010
I would make sure you have the correct file downloaded and also make sure it is on the root of your of yur sd card.

sent via r00t3d TB - thx jcase!

yep i dwn loaded it three times this last time i did it from my device using 4g(witch is blazing fast i may add) and installed it on the root of the sd card( in other words on the card and not in any folder) but i try it again and i zips thru something so fast i cant read it the it says checking (file name) then nothing happens? i dont know ive flashed many roms and kernels on my og droid and this one has me stumped.. i just dont want to wait for verizon to send this out as a ota since my gps is jacked and other issues. well thanks for the tips guys.

dennyjones

Oct 9, 2010
ok ive just tried to install this file from the original post that suppose to be the stock ruu file. here a link to it on here. i dwnloaded the file at the bottom of the post.

[RUU] 1.13.605.7 Radio 1.16.00.0402 signed - xda-developers

well let me tell you its my second day with the thunderbolt and ive tried countless times to install this stock zip file on my unrooted stock tb. ive dl'ed this file over six times from the link at the bottom of the op and everytime i place it on my sd card and boot into hboot it will try to install and says "wrong image no image" i even went so far as to extract the files first before putting them on my sd card then i just put the zip file without renaming it the i put the file one the root of my sd card countless times and renamed it PG05IMG.zip with capital letters then lower case letters i tried it like pg zero five img dot zip and then pg o five img dot zip so with a zero and an o(i spelled it out to point out using the 0 and the o). and i get the same ole story "wrong image no image"

so heres my question for the people that say they got it to install could you post the file youve used? now keep in mind my tb isnt rooted so i need the stock version. and i will see if that works. because if not im taking this phone back until htc and verizon gets it fixed. its like verizon or htc needed a new money machine or flagship device and rushed this out to market and didnt have all the bugs worked out yet and of course we who paid our hard earned cash for these devices get jacked because it takes them so damm long to release the ota fix.

sorry for the rant im getting mad now.

i appoligize and any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated please.

ugh after another dl i placed it on my sd card then used astro tp rename it and as i type this it is installing. grrrrr it had me goin bonkers. thanks for listening

Last edited:

akanatrix

Mar 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
ok ive just tried to install this file from the original post that suppose to be the stock ruu file. here a link to it on here. i dwnloaded the file at the bottom of the post.

[RUU] 1.13.605.7 Radio 1.16.00.0402 signed - xda-developers

well let me tell you its my second day with the thunderbolt and ive tried countless times to install this stock zip file on my unrooted stock tb. ive dl'ed this file over six times from the link at the bottom of the op and everytime i place it on my sd card and boot into hboot it will try to install and says "wrong image no image" i even went so far as to extract the files first before putting them on my sd card then i just put the zip file without renaming it the i put the file one the root of my sd card countless times and renamed it PG05IMG.zip with capital letters then lower case letters i tried it like pg zero five img dot zip and then pg o five img dot zip so with a zero and an o(i spelled it out to point out using the 0 and the o). and i get the same ole story "wrong image no image"

so heres my question for the people that say they got it to install could you post the file youve used? now keep in mind my tb isnt rooted so i need the stock version. and i will see if that works. because if not im taking this phone back until htc and verizon gets it fixed. its like verizon or htc needed a new money machine or flagship device and rushed this out to market and didnt have all the bugs worked out yet and of course we who paid our hard earned cash for these devices get jacked because it takes them so damm long to release the ota fix.

sorry for the rant im getting mad now.

i appoligize and any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated please.

Try naming it PG05IMG without an extension at all. Some version of windows add the extension but hide it from you. So you would in effect be naming it PG05IMG.zip.zip if you put the .zip in the name.

Last edited:

dennyjones

Oct 9, 2010
yep finally go this to load last night and it went great. i dont know what i did differently because i did it the same??? well heresa question why after installing this im not getting all my paid apps back. like astro pro and others.

akanatrix

Mar 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Solved my own issue after a little research. Used ADB to temp root my device and forced the stock ROM to load. Everything back up and running.

Last edited:

sm0k3y-TB

Mar 28, 2011
Jcase or anyone else! - is there a way to get a zip for the camcorder noise cancelling fix? I want to use a ROM that is not yet using the new RUU and I could easily run it and update to newest radio but my camcorder doesn't record ANY sound unless I have that fix applied. Let me know if this is possible.

to u via ub3r ©u$t0m htcTB

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Jcase or anyone else! - is there a way to get a zip for the camcorder noise cancelling fix? I want to use a ROM that is not yet using the new RUU and I could easily run it and update to newest radio but my camcorder doesn't record ANY sound unless I have that fix applied. Let me know if this is possible.

to u via ub3r ©u$t0m htcTB

I would contact the rom developer

ZeliardM

Mar 26, 2010
You should be able to root it using the same method as before. I was able to go through part of the root process to get su and then went back to stock.

Top Liked Posts