Fastboot no devices, adb working

Search This thread

qwahchees

Jul 7, 2012
Toronto
Title saids it all.

I have the driver loaded (ASUS Sync), and in Devices it's "TF300 Bootloader" or whatever. I can use adb devices and the device shows up, but fastboot doesn't detect it. What's wrong?

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
Title saids it all.

I have the driver loaded (ASUS Sync), and in Devices it's "TF300 Bootloader" or whatever. I can use adb devices and the device shows up, but fastboot doesn't detect it. What's wrong?

Sorry to ask the obvious but are you in USB bootloader mode when you try? If you're on jb and you have adb access, type adb reboot-bootloader. When the 4 icons show on your tablet press vol down until the USB icon is highlighted then press vol up. After a few seconds you should be able to use fastboot.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: furga

Noyankees44

Jan 20, 2013
I have this same problem, but no remedy.

Ok so i have unlocked my device, installed SDK and asus drivers(several times).

ADB commands work fine, but my computer will not recognize the tablet in fastboot. I go into fastboot, and the "download protocol" message appears. I plug it in and then windows gives a message about the not being able to recognize the device. It just shows up as "unknown device" in the manager. It will not respond to any fastboot commands. I cannot flash a recovery.

I have tried directing it to drivers, but nothing seems to work.

Someone please help me see what i am missing. I have been trying for hours

Also i am on JB latest firmware...

okrasitna

Aug 5, 2010
saint girons
I have this same problem, but no remedy.

Ok so i have unlocked my device, installed SDK and asus drivers(several times).

ADB commands work fine, but my computer will not recognize the tablet in fastboot. I go into fastboot, and the "download protocol" message appears. I plug it in and then windows gives a message about the not being able to recognize the device. It just shows up as "unknown device" in the manager. It will not respond to any fastboot commands. I cannot flash a recovery.

I have tried directing it to drivers, but nothing seems to work.

Someone please help me see what i am missing. I have been trying for hours

Also i am on JB latest firmware...

Googledriver installed

Launch SDk manager and check

Envoyé depuis mon ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T avec Tapatalk

cybertlc

Dec 25, 2010
I was having the same problem as others where I couldn't get recovery to update to TWRP. All commands sent correctly and were accepted but it would always boot into the Cyanogen Simple Recovery and not TWRP. I had to do what someone suggested:

Open settings > developer options. Then look for an option that says 'Update recovery with system updates' and disable it.

Then when that was disabled, flash recovery again and it worked just fine.

You should add this option into the instructions as it's required on this phone to disable that option in order to flash recovery to TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title saids it all.

Sorry to ask the obvious but are you in USB bootloader mode when you try? If you're on jb and you have adb access, type adb reboot-bootloader. When the 4 icons show on your tablet press vol down until the USB icon is highlighted then press vol up. After a few seconds you should be able to use fastboot.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app