[DISCONTINUED][CWM][ALL BL][STOCK] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.6 for Xperia T/TL/TX/V v9

Search This thread

shockwaverider

Aug 13, 2011
Helsinki
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8T
for me,i start the phone, when i have the logo "Sony", I press the touch vol+ and when the phone vibrate, I release the touch et it's good ^^

but i have a problem with the restore, i make my restore and after i bootloop ? :/

This happened to me too, can I ask how you were able to get out of the bootloop? I'm a noob with Xperia, and I didn't really find any solution other than to flash an ftf, which is what I ended up doing. Twice. I tried to restore from both internal and external, using the default (blob) backup format. My next experiment is going to be to try it with a .tar backup and see if that works, but I might not get to that for a day or two.

Running Xperia V LT25i with SuperSport ICS rom [9.0.1.D.0.10] with the matching kernel, stock except for unsecure/debuggable.

davidmarcoes

Mar 30, 2012
Murcia, Spain
This happened to me too, can I ask how you were able to get out of the bootloop? I'm a noob with Xperia, and I didn't really find any solution other than to flash an ftf, which is what I ended up doing. Twice. I tried to restore from both internal and external, using the default (blob) backup format. My next experiment is going to be to try it with a .tar backup and see if that works, but I might not get to that for a day or two.

Running Xperia V LT25i with SuperSport ICS rom [9.0.1.D.0.10] with the matching kernel, stock except for unsecure/debuggable.

Try flashing reboot fix from CWM itself.

cmajetic

Sep 6, 2011
Vienna
this recovery is just outdated, cyanogenmod has a much newer recovery included, backups and restores work fine there and the date is also right, I got a backup with year 1970 with this version which is also included in the advanced stock kernel...

I would recommend flashing a kernel with recovery included, siyah or some of the modded stock kernels. maybe it works then, I don't wanna test because I stay with cm10.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia T mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: shockwaverider

davidmarcoes

Mar 30, 2012
Murcia, Spain
this recovery is just outdated, cyanogenmod has a much newer recovery included, backups and restores work fine there and the date is also right, I got a backup with year 1970 with this version which is also included in the advanced stock kernel...

I would recommend flashing a kernel with recovery included, siyah or some of the modded stock kernels. maybe it works then, I don't wanna test because I stay with cm10.

You are right, but Cyanogen is not possible on locked bootloader. Furthermore Siyah and other available stock kernels include the original CWM in which is based this, so for now there is no workaround for those issues that you remark.

shockwaverider

Aug 13, 2011
Helsinki
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8T

Gesendet von meinem Xperia T mit Tapatalk 2

I have a V, so my kernel options are pretty limited at this point. However, replacing CWM with TWRP did the trick - backup, restore, no problems. Thanks everyone for your help.

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
If I wipe all data and 're-flash my phone I should be able to get OTA updates back I hope ? Or is it broken for good

Sent from my LT30a using xda app-developers app

Reactions: datagubben

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
If I wipe all data and 're-flash my phone I should be able to get OTA updates back I hope ? Or is it broken for good

Sent from my LT30a using xda app-developers app

in theory if you flash a stock rom via flashtool your phone should be back to stock like state. if flash a stock rom via recovery etc then you wont get updates from sony

icstm

Jan 12, 2013
@shingers5
So just to clarify:
1) There are 2 ways to install a ROM a) via flashtool and b) via recovery
2) These methods are somewhat different - (how?)
3) doing so via recovery means that OTA updates are broken

Is that right?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
@shingers5
So just to clarify:
1) There are 2 ways to install a ROM a) via flashtool and b) via recovery
2) These methods are somewhat different - (how?)
3) doing so via recovery means that OTA updates are broken

Is that right?

You can flash only FTF's via flashtool (Corect me if wrong)
You cannot flash FTF's via recovery, only .zips

icstm

Jan 12, 2013
thanks Greg, if that is the case, then why do ppl say that after installing CLOCKWORKMOD recovery OTA updates fail?
If the ROM in use is either from OTA or from an FTF, then are we saying that it is only if you then go on to load a ZIP ROM via CWM that you break OTA updates - up until that point having CWM installed will not have broken OTA updates?

davidmarcoes

Mar 30, 2012
Murcia, Spain
thanks Greg, if that is the case, then why do ppl say that after installing CLOCKWORKMOD recovery OTA updates fail?
If the ROM in use is either from OTA or from an FTF, then are we saying that it is only if you then go on to load a ZIP ROM via CWM that you break OTA updates - up until that point having CWM installed will not have broken OTA updates?

Look at here.

Xperia phones has no recovery partition, so CWM-based recoveries are installed in the kernel partition. After entering to CWM for the first time such partition is amended and OTA updates will fail, regardless the way in which you have installed the rom (obviously if you flash from CWM you have broken OTA updates previously...)

Flashing a tft restores such partition and OTA updates are allowed again.

I think flashing a zip rom from CWM will not touch the kernel partition (only data, system and cache partitions are installed) so OTA updates will remain broked. Maybe reflashing a clean kernel from recovery could work, although this sounds contradictory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is no longer continued. My T died a few weeks ago for second time in his life and there is no cheap repair. I see you in the LG G2 forums (current device)

CLOCKWORKMOD FOR XPERIA T/TL/TX/V v9

From v1 to v8: based on this, so most credits go to cray_Doze.
    From v9 onwards: own development.

This is for:

• Rooted phones
    • Locked/Unlocked bootloaders
    • Stock firmwares T/TL/TX/V (ICS & JB)

What is working:

• Backup
    • Restore
    • External SD
    • Flash zip files
    • Mount/Unmount partitions
    • And so on, so apparently all (further testing and feedback will be appreciated)

What is NOT working:

Some users are reporting issues on latest v9 like error mounting both system partition and usb storage, formating external sd, and others. Take in account that CWM 6.0.4.6 is the latest version available for our devices, as many of you are requesting repeatedly. It comes from CM10.1, which is Android 4.3 while most of us are still on 4.1. So a lot of things are expected to not work. While Android 4.3 finally arrives for our devices and these issues are solved, if you're experiencing problems downgrade to v8 which is fully functional. Simple and clear.

Installing:

Installing CWM for the first time is as simple as:

Flashing CWM from itself (could be required after flash a rom) is as simple as:

Older versions can be found here.

Entering CWM:

• Disconnect usb cable and power off the phone
    • Power on the phone
    • When SONY logo appears:
      • On Xperia T/TL/TX press repeatedly (not holding) volume-down button until the phone vibrates
      • On Xperia V running ICS press repeatedly (not holding) volume-down button until the phone vibrates
      • On Xperia V running JB try one of these:
        • Press repeatedly (not holding) power button until the phone vibrates
        • Tap repeatedly the screen
    • Wait a few seconds and you will be on CWM

Navigating CWM:

• Volume+ for up
    • Volume- for down
    • Power button for enter/ok

Unable to enter recovery?

Make sure you have granted superuser permissions to adb shell. Sometimes this occurs when running install.bat/install.sh for the first time, sometimes not. Best way is open a command terminal on your favourite operative system, enter "adb shell" and then enter "su". Your super user application will ask you for grant permissions, accept and retry running install.bat/install.sh.

Changelog:
    • v1: Modified sh script (removed some unnecessary commands, added validations with messages for install success/failed)
    • v2: Modified binary to display correct model information and versioning
    • v3: Tweaked chargemon script for JB kernels compatibility (many thanks to TiMiN8R for provide this solution)
    • v4: Reboot Fix self-integrated
    • v5: Tweaked chargemon script for Xperia V 9.1.A.1.140 firmware compatibility (many thanks to cray_Doze for provide this solution)
    • v6: Updated to CWM 6.0.3.0, solved wrong backup time
    • v7: Copy proper charger file for every supported Xperia model (installer version will ask for model whereas flashable version will try to determine it based on ro.semc.product.model build.prop property)
    • v8: Added install.sh script to allow installation from Linux environments (just applies to installer version, but flashable version also upgrades to do not embroil versioning)
    • v9: Updated to CWM 6.0.4.6

Bug reporting:

If you found a bug, or this CWM is not working for you, please send me a PM with:

• A description of your problem
    • Which version of CWM you are
    • Which version of Android you are
    • Which model of Xperia you own
    • Dropbox links (or similar) to download the following log files (you must pull off from your phone just after reproduce the error):
      • /cache/chargemon/chargemon.log
      • /cache/recovery/last_log

If you help me, I will be able to help you. If your sole intention is to post something like "this doesn't work" or "please repair" and nothing more, your post will be ignored (at least by myself).

Last but not least, say that I just own the Xpertia T, not the TL/TX/V. That just means one thing: tracking and solving bugs on these are, as little, very difficult. Be patient and trust on hard work of developers.

Important notes:

• Some users are experiencing problems entering CWM when they upgrade root's integrated busybox (1.20.0 version) to a mayor version (many thanks to istux for report this issue). Try reinstalling CWM to fix (many thanks to devilmaycry2020 to provide this solution).
    • If you come from ROM-integrated CWM, chances are that you do not have the proper charger file for your device model (it is copied on CWM installation, but no one has been performed due the integration nature). So if you are suffering automatic power on when charging, you must reinstall CWM.

Enjoy it!
    How to fix for V(9.1.A.1.140)

On 9.1.A.1.140, ueventd is also registered as a service.
    Logo freeze is caused when chargemon script stops the ueventd service.
    Correct chargemon as follows.
    @line 137
    [before]
    Code:
    for SVCRUNNING in $(getprop | ${GREP} -E '^\[init\.svc\..*\]: \[running\]')
    [after]
    Code:
    for SVCRUNNING in $(getprop | ${GREP} -E '^\[init\.svc\..*\]: \[running\]' | ${GREP} -v ueventd)
    For people who don't want to do anything, thanks to cray_Doze here's working CWM
    View attachment CWM4XperiaT_v4i_JB.rar
    Unzip and run install.bat
    Don't forget to give "thanks" to cray_Doze
    Version upgrade, see changelog.
    Version updated to v5 (only applies to JB, ICS versions keeps on v4).