Note 10.1 2014 in U.S. taking 4.4.2 Kitkat update now SM-P600 UPDATED

Search This thread

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
Software update is processing now. I am not rooted but I will try to get the OTA captured.

Run update now folks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDITED 5pm CST
EDIT: so far through this thread we have learned a few things.

1. The cellular south flash on sam mobile site is the XAR flash which is the original 4.3 US

2. The new update for US is 4.4.2 comes in at 540MB
Build number: KOT49H.P600UEUCND2

Kernel Version: 3.4.39-1146904 Sat, Apr 12th 2014

3. New icons throughout the KitKat update:

New multiwindow,
new notifications drop down window,
smaller notification icons,
all white notification icons,
definately more responsive,
multiwindow tab is gone but hold down back arrow and it appears,
multiwindow allows for a 2 app paired icon creation for easy open

-----------------------------EDIT APRIL 25TH 345 AM
We now have reports of fixing the COO update by using Kies or by downloading the Sam Mobile Cellular South ND2 4.4.2.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!

Last edited:

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
The update is coming in at 540MB and the download is slow.

The reason I waited for this OTA update is because those that flashed the COO 4.4.2 in the US/North America region might not ever get back to the proper region without a full official flash. When I looked at the sammobile firmwares there were zero 4.3 versions with a North America region on it. So I doubt we will see our 4.4.2 full flash either.

Good Luck to those that did flash the COO region update.

Reactions: iTelegraph

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
Looks like Samsung's servers are overloaded. My ota wont download. It says try at a later time

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
Not sure yet, only 75% downloaded.

Region COO being Colombia is not US from what I have read over the last 5 days.

If I ever have to sell or warranty the unit, I foresee an easier attempt to do either with the proper region.

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
There was an "full flash" MK1 US update, so there will be a KitKat firmware available. Everything will be fine.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London

If I ever have to sell or warranty the unit, I foresee an easier attempt to do either with the proper region.

Its weird that US firmware isn't listed on Samsung firmware. Be sure to post screens of build number and so on once its done :good:

Sent from my Note 2014 using Tapatalk

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm happy to wait a month here in UK, let you guys (US) trial and find all the bugs and annoyances so hopefully by the time it reaches the UK it will be relatively bug free..well this is what I tell myself to make me feel better at the UK always being left out haha - will be suprised to see this here anytime soon

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

What time did your download start. Mine started at 4:28 pm (US EDT) and I can't get it to show me a progress, it is reeeaaalllllllyyyyy slow.

UPDATE:
Just completed the download, but did not install. Where to look for the file, so I can upload it?

Last edited:

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
The Samsung Sites both official and non, show ZERO Full flashes for the SM-P600 wifi only model at 4.3
That was what worried me about flashing to COO, if I cant find the original anywhere, how am I going to find the 4.4.2 full flash for U.S.

I am happy to report the update is 90% done.
If you want to see progress bar, just go into settings and general and about and software update and update now.

I'm happy to wait a month here in UK, let you guys (US) trial and find all the bugs and annoyances so hopefully by the time it reaches the UK it will be relatively bug free..well this is what I tell myself to make me feel better at the UK always being left out haha - will be suprised to see this here anytime soon

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

We get punished in Canada as well ! Think you just explained why... We really need to remove your Queen from our bank notes :D

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: Geordie Affy

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
What time did your download start. Mine started at 4:28 pm (US EDT) and I can't get it to show me a progress, it is reeeaaalllllllyyyyy slow.

UPDATE:
Just completed the download, but did not install. Where to look for the file, so I can upload it?

If you are rooted the update should be in your cache folder.
I stopped rooting when the hardware caught up and now with KNOX and no carrier warranty exchanges I left the NOTE 10.1 2014 alone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I mean boot your tablet into dl mode
    Load files in odin in the ap/pda slot
    Run it...
    when your tablet restarts all data will be there still

Ah...knew that sounded too easy.

Going for it now, thanks again!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

FOR ANYONE AS CONFUSED AS I WAS...

How To Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Odin with cj10488's file he shared:

Step #1: Extract downloaded zip files into a folder.

Step #2: Ensure your device is disconnected from the computer.

Step #3: Turn off your device.

Step #4: Once the device is fully turned off, reboot into download mode by pressing and holding down volume down, home and power keys.

Step #5: Go to the place where you have extracted downloaded files and fire up Odin3.exe file. Do not make any change in Odin, just ensure “re-partition is not checked”.

Step #6: Click on AP button in Odin and locate the .tar.md5 file that was downloaded above.

Step #7: Connect device to computer, when “ADDED” message appears in Odin, press “Start” button to start the installation.

Note: If your Odin does not show “ADDED” message, ensure drivers are installed properly.

Step #8: Once the installation is done, your device will reboot. If it stuck at boot screen, power off it and reboot into recovery mode by holding down volume buttons along with power button. There select wipe data/factory reset to perform wipe. Once it’s done, go back and select “Reboot System Now” to reboot the device. This time it should boot normally.

Step #9: You are done.
    you da man!

Ive got 50/5 here so you have me blown out of the wata!

Ive got an hour on the sam mobile one! so if you get done before me, ill love you forever!

Uploading to google drive now. Will also update to dropbox here shortly.

We have gigabit here now. Just waiting for the install to be completed. Guess my internet company had a lot of upgrading to do. $99.99/month

James

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Uploading to google drive now. Will also update to dropbox here shortly.

We have gigabit here now. Just waiting for the install to be completed. Guess my internet company had a lot of upgrading to do. $99.99/month

James

Tell me if this works. First time sharing with google drive

P600UEUCND2_P600XARCND2_XAR.zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b1lFpnTtwYekF3a2FEeFVydG8/edit?usp=sharing
    Just updated mine. Seems pretty responsive but I'll have to do a complete restore later this weekend. Here are some screencaps. uploadfromtaptalk1398289108793.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398289128783.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398289150259.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Software update is processing now. I am not rooted but I will try to get the OTA captured.

Run update now folks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDITED 5pm CST
    EDIT: so far through this thread we have learned a few things.

1. The cellular south flash on sam mobile site is the XAR flash which is the original 4.3 US

2. The new update for US is 4.4.2 comes in at 540MB
    Build number: KOT49H.P600UEUCND2

Kernel Version: 3.4.39-1146904 Sat, Apr 12th 2014

3. New icons throughout the KitKat update:

New multiwindow,
    new notifications drop down window,
    smaller notification icons,
    all white notification icons,
    definately more responsive,
    multiwindow tab is gone but hold down back arrow and it appears,
    multiwindow allows for a 2 app paired icon creation for easy open

-----------------------------EDIT APRIL 25TH 345 AM
    We now have reports of fixing the COO update by using Kies or by downloading the Sam Mobile Cellular South ND2 4.4.2.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!
    Cool, so you mean just flash the zip in cwm and if i have issues, just do a wipe?

I mean boot your tablet into dl mode
    Load files in odin in the ap/pda slot
    Run it...
    when your tablet restarts all data will be there still