[THEME]!*Blue Tribal Dragon* *Blue Simple* Sense/Manila 2.5 Theme!

Search This thread

buru898

I decided to post in the general themes since this is for any WVGA device with Sense 2.5 (not sure if certain versions are/aren't compatible).

Hey everyone this is my VERY first theme and first contribution but I'm pretty alright with Photoshop and was very disappointed with the Sense 2.5 themes out there (sorry guys but I like blue :D!) so I decided to attempt to make my own.

I always wanted a super blue them lol and I finally got enough motivation to make one haha ;p.

I also plan on making a really sick looking red/steel theme even though I don't like red but the best-looking themes tend to be red hah.

I also plan to make the Sense 2.5 selected item highlight color blue but eh maybe at a later time lol.

So without further adieu here is my Sense 2.5 Blue Tribal Dragon Theme!!

screenshot1eo.png
screenshot2mx.png

Left is with the Blue Background.cab. Right one is with the Blue Clock Dragon Background.cab.

If you want the AM/PM to be white, the cab I use is called "MykCer Sense 2.5 Black Flip Clock.cab" and THEN install my clock digits and blue transparent background.

screenshot3p.png

This is my own highlight for the HTC Menu and if you want me to make yours that same color then send me your HTCMenus.png from your Windows folder in a PM and I'll do it for you.

Installation:
All the cabs are in the .rar and all separate for people to be able to mix and match with different themes and properly named so no one is confused.

Download the picture and set it as your wallpaper in Sense.
Download the .rar and extract to your phone then install the cabs and enjoy :D!

Even if it says to restart to see the results just ignore that and either
A: Disable Sense 2.5 in the Today Settings
or
B: Just go to Customize>Tabs>and move a tab up or down on slot then press ok, this is what I do as it's the fastest way.

You only have to restart to see the results with the top and bottom bars (which I HIGHLY recommend you use with the default blue.tsk today scheme).

I didn't make the picture exactly, I took 2 pictures and just photoshopped them together lol very simple but it looks nice :D!

Any feedback is appreciated!

THANKS TO:
Thanks to Lycox for letting me realize I can modify the taskbar/topbar images in WM6.5.

Thanks to Toutman because I'm using his blue and black flip clock but just made it transparent (message me if you want me to not post it on here).

Thanks to whoever made the Metalic Blue Slider for Sense 2.5, message me so I can give you proper thanks.

And... hope I didn't forget someone... don't think so lol... well thanks to XDA for just being awesome and the people who allowed me to make this theme!

NOTES:
The top and bottom bar images ONLY work in WM6.5 and the version of Sense I'm using is 2.5.2018 running on Jacko's S2 Sense 2.5 ROM W/CHT 2.0.

UPDATE:
Here is my current theme, I'm going with the dark blue/black thing lol but going to probably post the files later but only if there's some sort of feedback and people are interested lol.

screenshot3q.jpg

This is with the new Cookie's Home Tab v2. I like to change my wallpaper a lot. In order to get the taskbar with the black icons then what you should do is look up "Dark Ninja Desire Taskbar V3 WM6.5 (Windows Start)" and if you like the black bars then keep it, if not then just install the "Blue Tribal Top and Bottom Bars.cab" and then copy and paste the png files that are in the dark black and blue bars.rar to your Windows directory and soft-reset :).

For just the dark blue/black top and bottoms bars just:
Install the "Blue Tribal Top and Bottom Bars.cab" that is in the "Blue Tribal Dragon Sense 2.5 Theme.rar."
Download the top/bottom bar .rar you want (dark blue or light blue and black).
Then just take the .png's you find in the rar and put them in your Windows folder and soft-reset :).

Last edited:

Arkasius

Aug 23, 2010
Dokkum
Very nice theme :D
I am currently running Energy rom with MaxSense UI but if I go back to another rom with CHT I will install this theme with it for sure.

PaleTiger7

Jan 12, 2008
Hey there, i have manila 2.5.2012 and when i install all works but transparent clock backgoround leaves a white box where am/pm should be and if i install the calendar, alarm one all icons beside calendar and alarm are white boxes...its on a fresh install all by itself am i doing something wrong?

buru898

Hey there, i have manila 2.5.2012 and when i install all works but transparent clock backgoround leaves a white box where am/pm should be and if i install the calendar, alarm one all icons beside calendar and alarm are white boxes...its on a fresh install all by itself am i doing something wrong?

Hmm odd... my transparent clock ONLY modifies the clock background and doesn't touch the am/pm. Even the black digits don't modify the am/pm color. The version of Sense I use now is 2.5.2016... maybe your manila is one version too old? I have no problem installing them.

Also, the calender/alarm blue bars only modify the bars, it doesn't touch the icons :/.

I can only recommend flashing a ROM with a more updated version of Sense... that's the only thing I can think of that could mess it up?

Last edited: