[ROM][10/10/11] CyanogenMod-7.1 for Desire GSM :: (V7.1.0)

Search This thread

Kali-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2010
Roma
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

cyanogen said:
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio! New radio from HTC 2.2+ roms is required (Desire Radio Thread).
4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
5. Install the ROM
6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: 7.1.0-Desire - 10/10/2011
Download: CyanogenMod Mirror Network
Also available for download via ROM Manager

Google Addon: 20110828 GB
Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

CM7 HBOOT r2 by Alpharev | xda thread
Change partition table size 145/5/287 (system/cache/size)
Upgrade instruction:
1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7r2.img'
4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
5) 'fastboot erase cache'
6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).

Legacy App2SD:
Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

08r3308

Apr 30, 2011
Mms not working for me , optus aus

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Large Hadron

Aug 14, 2010
That's why the script /system/etc/init.d/06mountdl is included in the ROM. You shouldn't need to do anything.

I've been running RC1 for a week with a 5MB /cache, no download problems (including Maps 5.7).

Last edited:

Kali-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2010
Roma

Sleehond

Jun 27, 2008
Utrecht
Downloading the new 7.1-RC1 right now. Have run 7.0 before, was quit ok. Now running Oxygen 2.1.6 but somehow that one has a huge battery drain for me, dont know why. So i'm gonna try the new Cyanogenmod later toyday to see if i'm going back to CM :D

calator40

Sep 10, 2007
Iasi
I installed this new 7.1 ROM 10 hours ago. Generally speaking it's a very fast ROM. I like it much. But there are some little problems:D
1 - there are no notification for number of SMS received (SMS icon)
2 - camera shutter sound is very loud (setting there are for this not working)
3 - wi-fi signal is more weaker then other ROM in the same conditions
4 - GPS lock up need 5 or 6 minute

If you can do something with this, will be great ;)

wanyf

Jun 2, 2010
So good news to know CM release 2.3.4 roms :)

So good news to know CM release 2.3.4 roms :)

rmg2

Aug 10, 2010
Finally home!
I installed this new 7.1 ROM 10 hours ago. Generally speaking it's a very fast ROM. I like it much. But there are some little problems:D
1 - there are no notification for number of SMS received (SMS icon)
2 - camera shutter sound is very loud (setting there are for this not working)
3 - wi-fi signal is more weaker then other ROM in the same conditions
4 - GPS lock up need 5 or 6 minute

If you can do something with this, will be great ;)

Maybe "your" problems are because is still an experimental rom this version and not a stable one. Try 7.0.3, this one is the last stable release.

Cheers!

basher52

Mar 17, 2010
For your long GPS fix, try FasterFix from market(need to be S-OFF). Now it takes me 15 seconds to locate :)

3f1f37

Feb 16, 2011
Cape Town
Upgraded from 7.0.3 to 7.1-RC1 last night with no wipe of any partition, 1st thing i noticed is insane battery life charged to 100% last night when to bed at 12H00 woke up at 06H30 battery is at 99% after 6 and a half hours :eek: SICK

Thus far pretty awesome, only other thing i noticed is that in call volume is very low even with the call volume max'd, i am using the XX.XX.XX.23 radio will flash the XX.XX.XX.08 radio when i get home and see what difference it makes.

I havent really tested much as I only have it on for a few hours, should anything come up, i will report back.

Awesome Work Team Cyanogen :D

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
As far as I heard,the only new thing in 235 will be secure nfc with google wallet.so to me, it's not that important to get it asap.
Well, only the minor version is changed and the increment is 1! :D I don't expect major changes in the core of the OS. My point was that when one downloads the source repository, many of the CyanogenMod projects are downloaded from android.git.kernel.org. If Google pushes GRJ99 to its source repositories, then most of the CyanogenMod core projects will be based on GRJ99, unless the maintainer modifies the manifest.xml to instruct repo to download a specific branch.

the.draconian

Dec 20, 2010
Upgraded from 7.0.3 to 7.1-RC1 last night with no wipe of any partition, 1st thing i noticed is insane battery life charged to 100% last night when to bed at 12H00 woke up at 06H30 battery is at 99% after 6 and a half hours :eek: SICK

Thus far pretty awesome, only other thing i noticed is that in call volume is very low even with the call volume max'd, i am using the XX.XX.XX.23 radio will flash the XX.XX.XX.08 radio when i get home and see what difference it makes.

I havent really tested much as I only have it on for a few hours, should anything come up, i will report back.

Awesome Work Team Cyanogen :D

Assuming that was with 3g and WiFi?

Be interested in what happens! I am new to CM7 (though i'd try it after using Oxygen since it's release!) and liking it so far but went for the stable build (7.0.3) as im away next week! But would upgrade in a second if it is stable and the battery is that good!

=]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio! New radio from HTC 2.2+ roms is required (Desire Radio Thread).
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: 7.1.0-Desire - 10/10/2011
    Download: CyanogenMod Mirror Network
    Also available for download via ROM Manager

Google Addon: 20110828 GB
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

CM7 HBOOT r2 by Alpharev | xda thread
    Change partition table size 145/5/287 (system/cache/size)
    Upgrade instruction:
    1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7r2.img'
    4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
    5) 'fastboot erase cache'
    6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).

Legacy App2SD:
    Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
    CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    OMG..I got it..

Attached the flashable zip that revert this commit

it give great write speed now..about 4-6 MB/s on my sdcard class 4 :)
    market FC everytime.

Try setting your language to English UK, I read somewhere that helps for some reason.

Swyped from my CM7.1 Desire using XDA Premium App
    Any idea when we can get the new market???

Look at the nightlies thread, I saw it there...
    Edit:
    There you go...
    http://www.multiupload.com/TLARDE1IGX

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
    I'm having problem with Market Force Crash (3.1.3 and 3.2.0)

Try this:

1. Go to Settings > Language & Keyboard > Select language and select English (United Kingdom)
    2. Clear market app data

It worked for me...

Pozdrav:)