Txt problem since OTA kit kat

Search This thread

Fred93GT

Sep 3, 2013
Since I've taken the OTA kit kat a few months back, hangouts has started reading all my text messages out loud. I don't have driving mode enabled and Talk back is turned off. Is there something I am missing short of factory reset? I reset the defaults for all the apps and that didn't fix the problem either. The guy in the verizon store was stumped too since they only train them to use the stock messaging app. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's getting pretty annoying. :confused:

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Since I've taken the OTA kit kat a few months back, hangouts has started reading all my text messages out loud. I don't have driving mode enabled and Talk back is turned off. Is there something I am missing short of factory reset? I reset the defaults for all the apps and that didn't fix the problem either. The guy in the verizon store was stumped too since they only train them to use the stock messaging app. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's getting pretty annoying. :confused:

You try just doing a factory reset in the stock recovery?

Fred93GT

Sep 3, 2013
I've done the factory reset before and it's a really PITA to say the least but it's looking like I might have to go that route, was hoping someone would have a simple solution. Anywho.......