Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

Search This thread

el_venga

May 17, 2007
got same problem. used a 1GB microsd SDFormatted with nothing else than TG01 folder with android stuff instead of my 16GB microsd.

jaggu5789

Mar 14, 2009
Hey bro, try 2gb card (at the least) bcaz after installation the data file created will be of 1gb and so better try at least 2gb and also before using the memory card format it as fat32 using computer. At first the installation will take some time, so wait for some time. Gud luck bro.

evilwise

Jun 6, 2005
Android on Expo? Holy crap! Is this actually going to get fully developed? I certainly hope so!

tanmaywadhwa

Feb 14, 2010
New Delhi
great

works great man..... please don't stop the development.... im eagerly waiting for updates from ur side... will be really greatful brother if you could give my fathom some life..... continue ur work on android fr fathom.. please.....

el_venga

May 17, 2007
i havent test again but with my 16gb i had same error with ~5gb free.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

pizzaboy192

Sep 15, 2010
Plymouth, MN, USA
well... It boots. No cell, no WiFi, no bluetooth...
keyboard doesn't work. Buttons don't work. Power button won't work.
but, it's a start. I would rather have it on the sd card than have to flash it.
good job. Post when you start fixing it.
also kills the battery realllllllly fast. Hope you can fix it.

tanmaywadhwa

Feb 14, 2010
New Delhi
hey pizza boy....
removed arcsoft... thanx to you... got loads of free ram nw... thank you.. ;)

i was wonderring if there are others options except the default 6.5 rom.... the android thing here is just a start... any rom out there based on wp7?? anything u know abt??

tanmaywadhwa

Feb 14, 2010
New Delhi
android was booting fine earlier... bt something's gone wrong nw..... it begins to boot... the linux base begins.. i see loads of lines running with a penguin sitting at the top... but it doesn't lead to the dell screen.... my device just resets.... whats wrong?? anyone with a solution????

pizzaboy192

Sep 15, 2010
Plymouth, MN, USA
hey pizza boy....
removed arcsoft... thanx to you... got loads of free ram nw... thank you.. ;)

i was wonderring if there are others options except the default 6.5 rom.... the android thing here is just a start... any rom out there based on wp7?? anything u know abt??

Nobody has unlocked the bootloader to flash any custom ROMs yet.
As for WP7, you need 8gb of onboard storage. The Fathom has 256MB. won't work.
As for anything else, we're stuck with boothing off an SD card until a way to flash shows up.

Glad to hear the patch is working. I"ve got a new one out, works better. Even have a T-Mobile one working.

jaggu5789

Mar 14, 2009
pizzaboy wat do u mean by patch working? Hey if it is about android then please share it. Is it windows phone 7 r u talking about? Please brief it man. If u have a new one please do share here.

el_venga

May 17, 2007
pizzaboy said, and most of us know that, you cant install wp7 on a device with 256mb of ram. there are custom roms for expo, so you must be talking about fathom, if theres a stock firmware and uses same method as expo it could be done.

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
guess what ????

After trying very very hard i managed to turn on wifi in android, after doing some more testing i will upload new image in next 1 or 2 days

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
WIFI Driver

First post updated with wifi driver and instruction

Enjoy Market Facebook Opera Mini Adobe Flash Gmail and GTalk on LG Fathom Android

rvin42

May 20, 2008
First post updated with wifi driver and instruction

Enjoy Market Facebook Opera Mini Adobe Flash Gmail and GTalk on LG Fathom Android

for wifi extract following file and put replace zImage with this one and copy bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules also copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card

dude where is /system/lib/modules folder....m unable to find it...

applicationz

Sep 2, 2011
hmmm and btw how all of u edit your files using which software you edit system.ext2

and moreover my processor says its qsd8650 not 8250

pizzaboy192

Sep 15, 2010
Plymouth, MN, USA
pizzaboy said, and most of us know that, you cant install wp7 on a device with 256mb of ram. there are custom roms for expo, so you must be talking about fathom, if theres a stock firmware and uses same method as expo it could be done.

Nobody has put the time into making a custom Fathom rom. I would really appreciate someone putting some time in and making a stable one so I could flash away my Arcsoft and gain some more RAM. (Heck, flash out alot of the carrier crap, and hope someone comes up with a kitchen that allows me to pre-install some of my apps, pre-regged and whatnot)
It does flash the same as the expo I think (We use the expo flasher to force flash the Fathom down to the V5 rom, since the V7 one was so bad)

el_venga

May 17, 2007
I have been a WinMob user for years and just now im getting into cooking roms, if i get good results with expo i might try fathom although i dont have a device. Ill notify you when i get to that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source code

http://www.multiupload.com/4ECGKXPYJW

[Steps]
    Extract above tar.gz in / and then
    Download CodeSourcy Compiler from here
    https://sourcery.mentor.com/sgpp/li...rm-none-eabi/arm-2011.03-42-arm-none-eabi.bin
    Install above C compiler then issue following command in source directory extracted above

make ARCH=arm tsunagi_defconfig
    make -j16 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/arm-2011.03/bin/arm-none-eabi- zImage

When this steps complete you will get zImage in arch/arm/boot folder

New Image Android 2.2.1 with Audio , WiFi + AP mode , Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/HFZUWFNX0I

Just extract above file to \Storage Card and go to \Stroage Card\2.2 click on CLRCAD (4-5 times) and then click on Haret

(In this version there is no need to copy nvram.txt to \Storage Card)

New Image Android 2.3.5 with WIFI and Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/QUT30LPS8K

extract to SD card and then go to \Storage card\fathom
    Click on clrcad 4-5 times and then click on haret

For wifi it is must to copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card
    if it is difficult to copy from windows folder use attached one

[Note : In this version i have disabled fb console so you will not see any text while booting so wait at least wait 5 min if none appears do soft reboot and then retry]

I have worked on Toshiba kernel and ported that kernel for LG fathom.

As of Now following Works
    GSM (Partially)
    Battery
    TouchScreen
    3D
    Audio (only through front speaker)
    Keypad (Need some work with Fn key)
    Battery
    USB (start haret while usb connected)
    USB Mass Storage and ADB
    wifi

Not working
    Bluetooth
    Vibrator

Issue( Solved now)
    1) Screen will flicker when USB cable was removed. workaround is to set any live wallpaper.

How to run

extract files on Storage card
    goto /Storage Card/tg01
    click 4-5 times on clrcad
    and then run haret-pre-0.5.3-20100625_144828-QSD8250-ONLY.exe

http://www.multiupload.com/GK0FCMUVX6

for wifi extract following file and put replace zImage with this one and copy bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules also copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card

Link for wifi

http://www.multiupload.com/DOEAA1JXCD
    Froyo

First post updated with 2.2.1 Image and that is very very fast compare to 2.3.5
    Fixed Bluetooth , Audio and WiFi
    Enjoy.
    so some sort of good news from my side is 3g is working fully now and also 3d sensor is working, Yes i am able to play games based on gravity sensor:) .

I am now fixing tethering then i will upload new image mean while keep donating .
    Audio Fix Test zImage

zImage for speakerphone audio pls test and reply

http://www.multiupload.com/MDE938Y9XY

as of now audio working only through speakerphone
    Great Job Ajeet! :)

Guys,

Just want to confirm, i tried running it on eXpo but it just gets stuck at Haret, tried clicking CLRCDR 4-5 & more times but nothing! So, has anyone able to load Android on their eXpo or is it just Fathom?

This is only for fathom and may not work with expo.