Google Play (Market) Error: 923 and Insufficient Space

Search This thread

HackGerm

Sep 25, 2011
Die Pfalz
Recently did a factory reset, then rooted and unlocked.

Since then I'm getting errors downloading apps. This seems to occur only over the wireless connection, not over Wifi. I have verified that I can access the SD-card and external SD-card. have plenty of available storage space (per Settings/Storage): 2.58 GB app, 8.43 GB internal, 29.06GB SD card. Also have a good data connection per browser/weather app use!

These are the two errors I am seeing when trying to download apps from Google Play:
"App xyz" could not be downloaded due to an error. (923)
Error downloading "App xyz". There is insufficient space on the device.

Searched to find a fix, but couldn't find a good answer. Can anyone help me?

HackGerm

Sep 25, 2011
Die Pfalz
@jrebo and @Acvice

It wasn't enough to clear settings, I had to do the full wipe and installing MIUI 2.6.22 fixed it.

I appreciate your the help!!

Fr4nky78

Dec 23, 2012
Germany
1. under settings/apps go to google store.
2. cache and data reset.
3. update deinstall, and akzept reset to google store basic version !
4. delete googlemail account under accounts&syncronisation.
5. go to google store app, insert googlemail account new.

google store meanwhile has updated to newest version and will keep runing fine again now ! :good:

Reactions: Sambianer

Jimps

Aug 5, 2012
This can sometimes happen after a fresh install and gapps tries to throw every update it has logged for you at the phone. just retry after installing what sticks. usually sorts it. many phones have this issue

myashesh

May 9, 2014
Methods to solve error 923

Recently did a factory reset, then rooted and unlocked.

Since then I'm getting errors downloading apps. This seems to occur only over the wireless connection, not over Wifi. I have verified that I can access the SD-card and external SD-card. have plenty of available storage space (per Settings/Storage): 2.58 GB app, 8.43 GB internal, 29.06GB SD card. Also have a good data connection per browser/weather app use!

These are the two errors I am seeing when trying to download apps from Google Play:
"App xyz" could not be downloaded due to an error. (923)
Error downloading "App xyz". There is insufficient space on the device.

Searched to find a fix, but couldn't find a good answer. Can anyone help me?

Hi here are some methods for Error 923 at appslova.com. One of the method must work for you to solve this problem.

Sambianer

Aug 4, 2013
2. cache and data reset.

google store meanwhile has updated to newest version and will keep runing fine again now ! :good:

This helped me after using CF- Autoroot by Chainfire, on my nexus 5. Thanks man!

Tyrell66

Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Possible solution

I've ran into error 923 in Google Play.
None of the above worked, and I finally managed to fix it by deleting /data/core/zcore*.zip files (2.5GB in total).
By the looks of permissions on those files, some files could be deleted without root, but not all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoBalo

theemaster

Sep 12, 2013
this video fixed the problem for me.. while it's "kind of a long video" for the 2 easy steps.. it's just the 2 steps.. 'clear cache' (not sure that helped, really?)

but the 2nd step did help.. I rolled back google play to a 'older'-orginal version.. and that fixed it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont do a full wipe just yet... Just go to settings, manage apps, click on play store, click clear data, then reboot. This will probably fix it.

Sent from my CM9ed MoPho!
    I had error 923 on my sgs3 and clearing app data resolved it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    2. cache and data reset.

Possible solution

I've ran into error 923 in Google Play.
    None of the above worked, and I finally managed to fix it by deleting /data/core/zcore*.zip files (2.5GB in total).
    By the looks of permissions on those files, some files could be deleted without root, but not all of them.