[MOD] 900P NE5 CRT/FADE Animation

Search This thread

townsenk

Oct 23, 2010
I figured I would convert this mod to our device using code in the unified thread. (Props to original author and Rompnit).
It took a bit of tweaking to get it to work on the Sprint variant but it seems to be functioning as intended.

This is for Odexed stock(ish) roms only!

It replaces services.jar and build.prop. If you have tweaks to your build prop that you don't want set to defaults then I recommend you install the jar and odex file manually and edit your build.prop with whatever tool you see fit

A lot of mods affect the services.jar as well, noteably the unlock hotspot mod. That's why it's included FREE with this mod. :)

What a deal!

The changes I made to the build.prop are simply these additions. The rest is stock

#CRT Mod
persist.sys.screen_on=fade
persist.sys.screen_off=crt

These can be changed to set your on/off animation type. Options are CRT/FADE/NONE

Standard Use at Your Own Risk stuff Blah Blah

Enjoy

Attachments

• ODEXED-NE5-CRT_FADE.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
It's usually better to provide a deodexed copy as odexed relies on the same exact framework that it was odexed with to be present for the files to function at all

On the other hand, deodexed will function on any rom including odexed roms (when yup delete/move the odex files affected)

Reactions: rhizomorph

townsenk

Oct 23, 2010
It's usually better to provide a deodexed copy as odexed relies on the same exact framework that it was odexed with to be present for the files to function at all

On the other hand, deodexed will function on any rom including odexed roms (when yup delete/move the odex files affected)

I provide Odexed mods mainly because nobody else is doing it. And because odexed versions are usually the first thing people ask for, and because deodexing seems to break too many functions I use like private mode and S-Health issues.

I'll post the edited smali if anyone wants to use it for anything.

Attachments

• DisplayPowerController.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 43

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I provide Odexed mods mainly because nobody else is doing it. And because odexed versions are usually the first thing people ask for, and because deodexing seems to break too many functions I use like private mode and S-Health issues.

I wasn't criticizing, merely commenting

ramik911

Jun 23, 2007
Return to Stock

How can I go back to stock? remove the CRT animation and changes you made to Services

dwss

Apr 3, 2010
Is this only for root devices? Are there any CRT mods for none roots? I did a search and so far this is the only thread with CRT.

autotech40

Jun 29, 2014
What would it take to port the crt mod to moar 7 rom.i had it on stock rom with xposed. I want to get it back without xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured I would convert this mod to our device using code in the unified thread. (Props to original author and Rompnit).
    It took a bit of tweaking to get it to work on the Sprint variant but it seems to be functioning as intended.

This is for Odexed stock(ish) roms only!

It replaces services.jar and build.prop. If you have tweaks to your build prop that you don't want set to defaults then I recommend you install the jar and odex file manually and edit your build.prop with whatever tool you see fit

A lot of mods affect the services.jar as well, noteably the unlock hotspot mod. That's why it's included FREE with this mod. :)

What a deal!

The changes I made to the build.prop are simply these additions. The rest is stock

#CRT Mod
    persist.sys.screen_on=fade
    persist.sys.screen_off=crt

These can be changed to set your on/off animation type. Options are CRT/FADE/NONE

Standard Use at Your Own Risk stuff Blah Blah

Enjoy

I wasn't criticizing, merely commenting

np, It's all good. :)
    How can I go back to stock? remove the CRT animation and changes you made to Services
    Replace the services.jar and services.odex with a stock version and remove the added entry in build.prop