Update 1.141.xxx

Search This thread

andy8274

Jun 4, 2009
Hi all A500 mate, FYI

I'm from malaysia.
Acer Malaysia told us (acer malaysia facebook fans) that we can bring along our unit to their services center, and they will help us to do the updates
link-> facebook/AcerMalaysia

logs as below:
1. let device support Acer BT Keyboard, currently only works for English layout keyboard.
2. Gallery cannot delete internal eMMC files or folders.
3. Fixed bug that device cannot wake up if USB device is attached to host.
4. G-Sensor calibration.
5. Touch panel ---> Improve the touch panel performance.

I think that maybe you all also can get the updates from your location services center too.

PhilDsT

Jun 15, 2010
Update fails, requesting AccountAndSyncSettings.apk :) for 1.105.01 emea gen3

Thanks

Verifying current system...file "/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk", "bdbd6caadd105355d837d2cf781b886f1f702a41", "4be6e8b26c2d550d09d5e19b988515920b407206")

andy8274

Jun 4, 2009
I see nothing on their website... What region are you in, and can you post up a link?

I'm from Malaysia.
I ask acer why I never receive an updates notification
They offer me to take my gadgets to services center, and they done the update for my tab. :D

I think all of you also able to check it out with your country acer support.

Scorpionlance

Dec 12, 2010
I ran just the update.zip that Crsdr37 posted since I'm unrooted and after the update it says ERROR on my wifi settings and won't connect. Anyone else had this issue?

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
I ran just the update.zip that Crsdr37 posted since I'm unrooted and after the update it says ERROR on my wifi settings and won't connect. Anyone else had this issue?

If you read my entire post it goes over widow error. It had to do with you having a different kernel so you need to swap out the wifi libs with the ones i posted.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario
I downloaded the above file for keepsake ;)

what I found is a bit strange... wondered if anyone could shed a light...

my Iconia -->> 1.016.05_COM_GEN1 ( Kernel 2.6.36.3-00001-gf991e5d )

I checked my system/app folder and found that it have 122 files ( apk & odex )

The above posted zip file contained 126 files...

My device is completely stock... with the exception of updated maps and flash version 10.3 upgrade...etc

my stock device does not have the following 4 files...

BooksTablet.apk
LinkToAdobeFlash.apk
LinkToAdobeFlash.odex
SuperUser.apk

The "superuser" file included in the above zip clearly indicated the device was rooted when the files were pulled & zipped...

aside from the SU file, why don't I have the other 3 files ?? I am completely stock so no worry when updating in the future... just curious and also seen people having problem when they were unsuccessful updating due to missing the 2 "LinkToAdobeFlash" files :eek:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14156648&postcount=19

wondered if it was due to me installing flash 10.3 from the market ?

Updated:

My system just got prompted for update...

went from 1.016.05_COM_GEN1 ( Kernel 2.6.36.3-00001-gf991e5d ) --->>> 1.139.05_COM_GEN1 ( Kernel 2.6.36.3 no more xxxx after the Kernel ### )

and the /system/app folder now have 124 files...

the same previous 122 + LinkToAdobeFlash.apk & LinkToAdobeFlash.odex... still no sign of "BooksTablet.apk"

so I guess the contents of the /sys/app folder does depend on what update version your device have..etc :p

and I still do have the screen wake issue while on standby with wifi connected ( bug doesn't happen when not hookup through home wifi or tethered/hotspot through phone's carrier )

Last edited:

iqbalbaskara

Aug 10, 2010
Bandung
anybody have any idea when will this update be available for us asians? :-/ mine is still 1.139.xxx.xxx tried checking for system update manually and it says my device is up to date..

mgasparel

May 7, 2011
i downloaded the zip file full of stock apks and pushed Email.apk to my system/app folder. I now have the email app in my app drawer, but my update is still failing, saying the sha1 sums do not match. Are there different versions out there?
Code:
I:comment is 1690 bytes; signature 1672 bytes from end
I:whole-file signature verified
I:verify_file returned 0
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
file "/system/app/Email.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Email.apk", "c4665507634e231613ea063d5b380b507884097d", "e2ee3da68143866a02beca0f41c11212dbac42ad")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Email.apk", "c4665507634e231613ea063d5b380b507884097d", "e2ee3da68143866a02beca0f41c11212dbac42ad")
E:Error in /cache/acer_ug/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried your C code with Tiny C Compiler but the output zip was only 1k in size.

Attached is the java class file. You need to unzip it and you will find a xtract.class file, then ensure you have jre/java installed on your computer and you just do
    Code:
    java xtract < Acer_original_update.zip >decoded.zip
    then just unzip the decoded.zip file. It will work with Windows/Linux/Mac or anything with Java installed.

NOTE: THE ARROWS < AND > are MANDATORY IN THE COMMAND SHOWN ABOVE. IT IS FOR THE INPUT AND OUTPUT FILE
    Alright Guys in the USA. I will be posting the .img files to fix your device or update your device to 1.141.07 if you have either used the chinese update fix or some other various fix that left you with a different boot image. The instructions are simple.

1. Connect your tablet to the computer via USB. Put the boot.img and the system.img on your SD Card. Also put the Update.zip then use a file explorer to move the update.zip to the root of your SD card. Which is external SD. If you use Astro. (Alternatively you can just take your SD card out and put it in your computer to put the update.zip.)

2. You need to first push the boot.img

-Open ADB type su then hit enter. (your device will prompt for superuser you must select allow) Then enter the command below.

dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (hit Enter)

3. Then push the system.img

dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

4. Force shutdown your device when those finish (as your screen may not turn on.)Then hold volume - and the power button to start the update.zip. Let it finish (Your device will reboot when it completes.

5. Enjoy the fact your device is back to stock and you can now update when future updates release.

To push the files you will need adb shell. If you dont know what that is look it up, It is part of the android development kit. Second these 2 commands will push the files to their proper mount block. You must push the boot.img first then the system.img These files are for the USA update 1.141.07 :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNDCAYC8 - System.img

http://www.mediafire.com/?7b5llkk8bnmnd23 -Update.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qahjh3twi6jc9t -Boot.img

I will check periodically on this thread if anyone has questions or needs Help. Guve a huge shout out to deckofficer54 as he is a co-worker and friend that dumped these files for me when I screwed my system up. :D
    Hi, can you just tell us from which ROM this update is made ? (for example : A500_1.105.01_EMEA_GEN3 to A500_1.141.01_EMEA_GEN3).

Thanks, this is important for updating (only from the same ROM).

USA 1.104.05_COM_GEN1

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    sweet, wifi stable, GPS, I got a location fix for the first time. I am happy
    I reverted all renamed apks (like Email.apk and Phone.apk), unfroze disabled apks, I even unrooted my Iconia, rebooted it prior to updating, but the update still fails.

I've deleted some apks a while ago, but restored those files from a backup, but only the apk-files, no odex-files, assuming that those will get generated.

I will try the update later at home, where I have my power supply. Maybe it fails because of running from battery.