AEON Q&A

Search This thread

Ridingmac

Jan 19, 2013
Problem solved. Ok so i decided to removed one built prop tweak at a time and reboot into recovery . Wipe dalvik a fix permission then test bt. If it still dodnt work . Restore original built.prop and remove next tweak . When i removed this tweak

# Photo and video recording quality tweak
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000

And rebooted into recovery and deleted dalvik and fix permissions and reebooted agaim and suddently bt started working. I dunno if this makes any sense to you guys but im just happy my bt works lol.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dde333

Mahawksee

Oct 15, 2011
My screen goes off every now and then, so when I press the power button, the display doesn't come up. I know the phone is still on cause I plug it in, and it vibrates and stuff, and it vibrates when a text goes off too, this only me? or is this common? possibly anyone know a fix to this too? And my bluetooth doesn't seem to turn on if I had my phone on for a while. I have to reboot to get it to turn on, and if I boot with bluetooth on, it lags the heck out of my phone... yeeeah solution? xD sorry for asking here

Oh and will there be any more updates for this rom?

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
My screen goes off every now and then, so when I press the power button, the display doesn't come up. I know the phone is still on cause I plug it in, and it vibrates and stuff, and it vibrates when a text goes off too, this only me? or is this common? possibly anyone know a fix to this too? And my bluetooth doesn't seem to turn on if I had my phone on for a while. I have to reboot to get it to turn on, and if I boot with bluetooth on, it lags the heck out of my phone... yeeeah solution? xD sorry for asking here

Oh and will there be any more updates for this rom?

What you're getting is the screen of death. Usually due to touch screen response failure. As you have noted, the buttons and usb are still working. Interesting thing here is that if you plug the phone into pc to use adb, you will notice lost of root access.
As you have noticed, reboot fixes this issue...until the next time.
There are some tweaks on Aeon or what you put in that may not work well.
I'll recommend what you can try...you need to figure out the mechanics.

1. load up zen tool box in cwm. goto tweaks settings. remove tweaks and apply only level 1. alternatively, download revenant. extract the init.d folder in the /systems/etc and copy it over into your current aeon. wipe cache/dalvik and reboot.

2. find zen's kernel thread on use his current kernel batch. they are more stable. if you like it fast, try the 1.6 with oc..on demand govenor

gl

Mahawksee

Oct 15, 2011
What you're getting is the screen of death. Usually due to touch screen response failure. As you have noted, the buttons and usb are still working. Interesting thing here is that if you plug the phone into pc to use adb, you will notice lost of root access.
As you have noticed, reboot fixes this issue...until the next time.
There are some tweaks on Aeon or what you put in that may not work well.
I'll recommend what you can try...you need to figure out the mechanics.

1. load up zen tool box in cwm. goto tweaks settings. remove tweaks and apply only level 1. alternatively, download revenant. extract the init.d folder in the /systems/etc and copy it over into your current aeon. wipe cache/dalvik and reboot.

2. find zen's kernel thread on use his current kernel batch. they are more stable. if you like it fast, try the 1.6 with oc..on demand govenor

gl

Thanks! I just got this done last night. Not sure if it worked yet, but I did use Zen's kernal 1.6 w/ oc. Dang, its running so smoothly! If the whole black screen of death comes up still, I might ask some more questions xDD

btw, there aren't gonna be more updates for this, right?

Reactions: qkster

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Thanks! I just got this done last night. Not sure if it worked yet, but I did use Zen's kernal 1.6 w/ oc. Dang, its running so smoothly! If the whole black screen of death comes up still, I might ask some more questions xDD

updates to my suggestions? no.

zen tool box? idk..ask zen

aeon...idk...ask bigfau

gl

Kernel in the toolkit is from last May. The latest, greatest, and recommended GB kernel is the newer Synthesis kernel - see my sig for the link to CWM flashables for that one.

As for SOD, there are several triggers. The big one in most of the GB roms is the inclusion of tweaks that run zipalign apk tune up scripts. The toolkit tweak option one or two strips those scripts out from any GB rom. Or (self-serving plug) you can try the Revenant rom I put out a month or so ago, which was built to be near-stock and stable.

There are other causes of SODs - choice of launcher, the other apps loaded onto the phone, services running in the background that step on each other. Given that SODs typically happen infrequently, it can be difficult to isolate a root cause.

I have seen less SODs on JB, but there are tradeoffs... to quote one of the wise old owls of the Infuse forums, "to each his own...find something that you like".

:good::):good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ringtone

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum here. I've had my infuse for about a month, Rooted it the first week I had it, and have been flashing custom rom's on it since.
    I'm currently running Aeon 1.3. I love the rom.
    The only issue i'm having is, when I get a call, the phone does not ring. I've checked to make sure the phone is not on silent, the volume is turned up as well.
    When I select the ringtone from sounds under the settings menu the ringtone plays. When a call comes in the phone will not ring, unless it's the first call after a re-boot, then the phone will ring for about 3 seconds, then go silent.
    I have searched the forums here and several other sites as well with no luck.
    I have moved the ringtones to different folders on the sd card both internal and external, I have moved all the ringtones into the media folder as well.
    I know the speaker is good, I know the ringtones are good, as they can be played from settings.
    Help
    Thanks
    alarmguy48195

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I think I figured it out, I had a call blocker installed. I installed it and now the ring tones work so far. I've tested on 4 calls so far.
    Does someone have a good free screenshot app? Used to have screenshot er demo but they put a damn watermark on the screenshot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I use screen shot app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geeksoft.screenshot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    Bigfau guess what....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    haha he has 3 arms. On another note, I went to bed and woke up but my phone didn't wake. I restarted and it was ok. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

That's neat that you found the fix. :p