Windows Phone 7.8 Deepshining BETA ROM - NO SCAM

Search This thread

lrhage

Dec 15, 2009
Because dotcompt cooked together the HD7 ROM. It really works on any device with custom ROMs, including my Samsung Focus.

Not hard at all, just takes someone willing to do it, and someone willing to be patient enough to deal with a broken ROM.

Can it work on Lumia 710? I want to try as beta tester :angel:

sianto1997

Jun 6, 2012
Where is the download link?

Try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896299

There is a whole list in there:

Samsung Omnia 7
Samsung Focus
HTC Titan
HTC Mozart
HTC Trophy
HTC HD7
Nokia Lumia 710

Hope that makes you happy.

PS1 You have to trust all applications in root manager after RUU
PS2 I found 3 bugs in the rom (for HTC Titan) 2 of them are uninportant, but when you make the pictures tile smaller, you don't get it really big again!
PS3 Marketplace, hombrew apps, and pretty much everything works (you gotta give them credit for that)
PS4 USB video out is in vietnamese, the rest is in english

sure lrhage, its in the above link

Last edited:
A

aclegg2011

Amazing for beta testing, but ill wait for the official release. :p hopefully we get that soon! I wonder how old the beta is.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

FearL0rd

Nov 11, 2009
Try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896299

There is a whole list in there:

Samsung Omnia 7
Samsung Focus
HTC Titan
HTC Mozart
HTC Trophy
HTC HD7
Nokia Lumia 710

Hope that makes you happy.

PS1 You have to trust all applications in root manager after RUU
PS2 I found 3 bugs in the rom (for HTC Titan) 2 of them are uninportant, but when you make the pictures tile smaller, you don't get it really big again!
PS3 Marketplace, hombrew apps, and pretty much everything works (you gotta give them credit for that)
PS4 USB video out is in vietnamese, the rest is in english

sure lrhage, its in the above link

I tried but all extra applications loaded are not in English.... :(

Do you know how to change it?

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
I can not post a public rom for well known reasons.
Meantime I am running a fully functional and unlocked WP 7.8 in my device (unlike the one I leaked) and I am working on it to make it less buggy and making my own customization.

As soon as that identifiable information issue is gone I will release it for all current HTC devices.

PLease upload your fully functional 7.8 ROM. Thanks.

timmymarsh

Senior Moderator - Emeritus
Mar 26, 2007
Just one More
All,

THread is now re-opened and links can be re-established.

Thanks.

sent from my nativeSD JB HD2

Last edited:

*Igel*

Nov 13, 2008
Hey,

can i add an another language to this rom from the tango language packs?

Last edited:

numhouse

Mar 11, 2006
Hi dotcompt,I'm Thai. I can't use "nativekb_4rows_notety_edition_v2.2"(Thai keyboard) for new rom (7.8).Please help. And thanks a lot.
You are great !

Reactions: kaotomut

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
If the rom was dumped from a Nokia device, why it is only for HTC? :confused:

HAHA I don't believe that at all! This rom was ripped from an HTC Radiant (but that isn't even out yet, is it? Wait, is that even coming out?!). Don't believe me? Open up metadata/BasePolicy.xml for a surprise.

Anyways... hope to tinker with this soon. :/ Is there a SYS dump of this system build?

Last edited:

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
nice work, but some nokia apps doesnt work because i have no nokia
and also the new metro start menu is buggy, sometimes i can large up things to the biggest size and sometimes not
the htc hub icon isnt fitted right

questions :
what do we have to do when there is new version out ? Flashing again would delete anything !
will there be any easy update file like ansars next gen roms ?
and in info of phone it still says 7.5 , i dont think that this is even a beta of 7.8, maybe a 7,76, i mean the built number should do a much bigger jump

thank you

Last edited:

ONDR4SH3K

Nov 15, 2009
Opava
Hi dotcompt, nice work. I tested this ROM for HTC Mozart. And Im still waiting for port to Trophy. Please don't forget.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI guys,

Welcome to the first Windows Phone 7.8 BETA ROM. No this is not a scam it is the real thing. So, if you do not want to wait several months before Microsoft release it you should give it a try.

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

1. . OS Version: 7.10.8835.35
    2. . ONLY FOR HTC HD7 (I will try to port it to other devices as soon as I have some free time)
    3. . Available languages: only English
    4. . You can now have the the new Windows Phone 8 Start Screen.
    5. . I did not test it properly, I was in a hurry to share with you guys. :fingers-crossed:
    6. . For sure, it is still a Microsoft Beta Build so some thing may not work, specially in none Nokia Devices.
    7. . The Rom was dumped from a Nokia device and is based on Tango 12180, because it won't boot if we use WP 7.8 kernel.dll and probably most 3d party apps from Marketplace might crash.
    8. . The Rom is almost untouched, this means it is not full unlocked or rooted and homebrew apps will not work (for now :D). It has only a few Deepshining customizations.
    9. . You can always flash back a WP7.5 Rom if you wish.

PLEASE dont flame if Rom is bugged or some things do not work. This is what I got now and I haven´t change it too much but it a start for future versions

newwindowsphone8wallpap.png

Links removed

Explore the ROM and share your thoughts. What did you find except the new Start Screen?

BTW: Support my work if you want me to keep going

Have fun !!!
    dot
    HI guys,

Welcome to the first Windows Phone 7.8 BETA ROM. No this is not a scam it is the real thing. So, if you do not want to wait several months before Microsoft release it you should give it a try.

THINGS TO BE AWARE:

1. . OS Version: 7.10.8835.35
    2. . ONLY FOR HTC HD7 (I will try to port it to other devices as soon as I have some free time)
    3. . Available languages: only English
    4. . You can now have the the new Windows Phone 8 Start Screen.
    5. . I did not test it properly, I was in a hurry to share with you guys. :fingers-crossed:
    6. . For sure, it is still a Microsoft Beta Build so some thing may not work, specially in none Nokia Devices.
    7. . The Rom was dumped from a Nokia device and is based on Tango 12180, because it won't boot if we use WP 7.8 kernel.dll and probably most 3d party apps from Marketplace might crash.
    8. . The Rom is almost untouched, this means it is not full unlocked or rooted and homebrew apps will not work (for now :D). It has only a few Deepshining customizations.
    9. . You can always flash back a WP7.5 Rom if you wish.

PLEASE dont flame if Rom is bugged or some things do not work. This is what I got now and I haven´t change it too much but it a start for future versions

newwindowsphone8wallpap.png

>>> DOWNLOAD DEEPSHINING WINDOWS PHONE 7.8 BETA ROM HERE
    >>> Mirror soon

Explore the ROM and share your thoughts. What did you find except the new Start Screen?

BTW: Support my work if you want me to keep going

Have fun !!!
    dot

Awesome. Here's some pics for proof :p

http://windowsphonehacker.com/artic...rom_leaked_and_available_for_htc_hd7-09-18-12

hd7_78_1.jpg

hd7_78_2.jpg
    Hey,

can i add an another language to this rom from the tango language packs?

Next Deepshining Rom version (to be released in minutes) will have all languages available.
    Check HD7 thread to download

Other HTC devices will soon have it to.

Thanks
    dot
    So besides the start screen, is there anything new?

Nothing really new, this must be an early build. One thing it bugs me is that Themes do not work so probably we might have something new related with themes soon
    Hi dotcompt,I'm Thai. I can't use "nativekb_4rows_notety_edition_v2.2"(Thai keyboard) for new rom (7.8).Please help. And thanks a lot.
    You are great !