[ROM] UCLA3 w/ DATA!![Skyrocket Base] for Hercules Stock | Rooted | Deodexed| Busybox

Search This thread

mckeeverisdman

Mar 30, 2008
In a land far, far, away.
So a couple of things i have noticed...

My signal bars have just sat at 4 of the 5 being lit... I have gone into a different part of the area that i work at to see if it drops, and it hasn't.

The modem: is there something that needs to be flashed to fix that or change something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 which is actually a T-mobile T989 using Tapatalk

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild

My signal bars have just sat at 4 of the 5 being lit... I have gone into a different part of the area that i work at to see if it drops, and it hasn't.

The modem: is there something that needs to be flashed to fix that or change something?

Works fine here. Reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, check to make sure you entered everything from the OP correctly.

djgromit

Oct 13, 2009
Thanks for this! Can you please include the date of your releases in the subject line?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Jdom58

Aug 30, 2009
South Florida

The signal is fluctuating on mine so working properly, sure you're not just getting a strong signal all around :D

Loaded the Darkside Kernel and it's smooth and quick

mckeeverisdman

Mar 30, 2008
The signal is fluctuating on mine so working properly, sure you're not just getting a strong signal all around :D

Loaded the Darkside Kernel and it's smooth and quick

Well the signal has been this at all times.... It never has fluctuated. I have moved in to different parts of my building, covered it.. And so on...

4b86506a-970a-f0d9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 (which is actually a T-mobile T989) using Tapatalk

mckeeverisdman

Mar 30, 2008
I didn't ask before, but does EVERYTHING work? Like I can turn on Hotspot with out any issues? T-Mobile TV? Anyone have the APK and able to share it and has anyone been successful at using it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 (which is actually a T-mobile T989) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
I didn't ask before, but does EVERYTHING work? Like I can turn on Hotspot with out any issues? T-Mobile TV? Anyone have the APK and able to share it and has anyone been successful at using it?

T-Mobile TV Apk has nothing to do with this thread. please ask that in the apps and games section...or google.

try hotspot. if it doesnt work, it doesnt. just use wireless tether [google] and tether for free.

mckeeverisdman

Mar 30, 2008
T-Mobile TV Apk has nothing to do with this thread. please ask that in the apps and games section...or google.

try hotspot. if it doesnt work, it doesnt. just use wireless tether [google] and tether for free.

Ok. Yeah I was only asking if anyone had tried it. I know it has nothing to do with this section.. Just a question man. I will look into the other thread.... Thanks for the help...

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Ok. Yeah I was only asking if anyone had tried it. I know it has nothing to do with this section.. Just a question man. I will look into the other thread.... Thanks for the help...

That came off way more jerk-like than it was supposed to be. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Jdom58

Aug 30, 2009
South Florida
OK rom and darkside kernel, very very nice, no issues whatsoever. I unplugged from charger at 100% and have been using it heavily for 5 hours and I'm at 68%. For a stock rom this is a definite keeper :D

masamichi7

Jul 9, 2011
This may seem like a dumb question, but what is the real advantage of using this versus Foxstar ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T989

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM ROM
    THIS IS THE STOCK AT&T ROM WITH SIM BLOCKING MECHANISMS REMOVED, DEODEXED, ZIPALIGNED, ROOTED. THIS IS NOT CUSTOM IN ANY OTHER WAY

that being said, it's super smooth super fast and awesome. stop the flaming wars.
    618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Skyrocket 2.3.6 Base UCLA3
    For the Hercules
    Everyone wants some UCLA3 action. Problem has been that we couldn't seem to figure out how to get the signal/data to function. This is because AT&T decided to add some unnecessary files that blocked our cards via software. Screw that. This is xda. We make things work. SO... that's what I did. This took many many hours figuring what AT&T did to screw up the SIMCard reading. I'm in the process of writing a guide on how to fix data/signal on any UCLA3 based rom. Until then, I decided I would give the flashaholics their fix. Enjoy. Flash in CWM​
    as usual.​

- Ported to function on T989
    - Stock
    - Deodexed
    - Rooted
    - Zipaligned
    - Busybox
    - Data + Signal Work [first time it's been done with UCLA3]
    - Kernel included
    - No need for conversion.zips

Download: http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/2184/2417/HerculesUCLA3stockport.zip
    Also Available on Rom Manager!

Instructions:
    1. Factory Reset
    2. Flash in CWM.
    3. Boot. You will not have data.
    4. Goto Settings>Wireless and Network>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Hit Menu>Add
    Name: T-Mobile
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy:
    MMS port:
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type:
    APN type:Internet+MMS (depending on software version)
    5. Hit Menu, Save.
    6. Select the radio button next to your new apn.
    7. Enjoy

Happy kanging. Wouldn't mind a thanks
    Hmm wanna try but not sure I just set up my phone from a flash last night

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Uhmmm and we needed to know this why? :rolleyes:
    Compared files in /etc/firmware
    removed the ones that weren't in 2.3.5
    replaced the CSC files.

i'm in the process of retracing each step i took in a detailed guide which will be posted when i'm not so tired. my eyes are about to explode.
    Okay, I'm guessing the majority are on TDJ's ROM and want to try something new. I'm gonna be straight up. Don't waste your time.
    Can someone please tell me what the hype is about this UCLA3 is about? because I've flashed this thing TWICE, wiped data TWICE with the same horrible results.

Used to fluid transition animations? This thing is so choppy you won't even see the animations.
    Used to that buttery smooth browser? It's gone.
    Used to your phone waking up when you press the wake button? Outta luck 50 percent of the time.

Starsky I'm not trying to bash your cooking skills, not in the least. I just hate the people who are making false advertisements for the god-status of this ROM.
    Wait until Eugene or TDJ makes something useful out of this thing.

Not trying to bash Starsky? That sounds exactly like what you are trying to do. You are the type of people that make devs like TDJ stop devving.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, then shut the hell up. Plain and simple.
    You will have to test this for me. I am doing it without the phone.
    Link Attached.

Let me know if you have any Issues..