[ANDROID] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Support For Kaiser

Search This thread

Millence

Oct 2, 2009
Beograd
GREAT work Myn!!!

Running RLS 4 for five day's with NO FC's at all!!!

Currently testing with .NBH from http://ponack.net/poly/BT_Update/index.php?folder=S2Fpc2VyX05CSHMvRG9udXQ=

and tested with DZO .NBH (18.03.10). http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D

The only difference I noticed between the two .NBH in power consumption. Dzo's .NBH is less power hungry. I tested this by leaving fully charged phone for eight hours in full sleep(wih wif,i gps, sync, BT, and 3G data OFF). Poly's .NBH wake up the phone with 84% charge and Dzo's with 96%. Battery indicator works fine for me.

What works:
Wifi
Gps (not thoroughly tested)
2G/3G data
Bluetooth (headphone tested only)
Camera (bad picture quality, but don't freezes phone)
Full sleep

What don't:
Camcorder

About updates for Kaiser:

I notice that Beackman's wifi+bt update have a strange systeminit.rc. For example 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 2' which leads to constant reload of home-screen!

With 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 1' and 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 8192'(not 11264) home-screen don't reload anymore.

I took Beackman's wifi+bt update and replace sysinit.rc with systeminit.rc from your bild witch I further edit to work with Kaiser wifi and BT. This combination works for me perfectly.

Once again Myn GREAT WORK!!!

cb2002

Aug 4, 2006
Cell tower location does not work. From what I understand there is a fix for the RIL (hexadecimal conversion) but so far no one has incorporated it into the builder for Kaiser. I'm not sure whether that will goes into the NBH or the release.

Also ADB does not work at least for Windows. I understand this is an across the board issue for NAND installation.

Reactions: jtp_redson

candin1977

Jan 19, 2008
Data connection issues

Guys, when you say that data is functional what you mean. I properly configured the APN settings, restarted the device, even used the Modem application and it doesn't seem to connect. Any advices?

Happy flashing...

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
I notice that Beackman's wifi+bt update have a strange systeminit.rc. For example 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 2' which leads to constant reload of home-screen!

With 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 1' and 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 8192'(not 11264) home-screen don't reload anymore.

I took Beackman's wifi+bt update and replace sysinit.rc with systeminit.rc from your bild witch I further edit to work with Kaiser wifi and BT. This combination works for me perfectly.

Interesting, any chance you could post your modified androidupdate.tar?

EDIT: Nevermind, the update posted in this thread seems to have changes you suggest.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2008
Bangalore
Data connection not working

Build is good and works well. However, when configured the APN settings, when saved, APN settings disappear. not sure why?

Can some one help me????????????

and also, when i am applying wifi update on my Kaiser130, its freezing and i need to re-install Android once again.

Can some one help me out with the update ????

Last edited:

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
Sandy.bluebird, after you install the update you need to put out the battery and turn on the phone again, he start all ok.

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
@Myn:

Thanks for all the work you have put in on this build, I have used it a few times on my main Kaiser, and have now resurrected my secondary Kaiser specially for this latest build.

I'm looking forward to using donut for a change of pace :)

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
I have flashed my Kaiser again now he not sleeping, i made a full install of winmo, icluding radio, and reflashed android using radio 1.71.19.09, and he not sleep. any idea?

foxhunt72

Jan 24, 2008
Rotterdam
testing android version

Tried it works great, battery goes fast but will look at that some more.

Connection with bluetooth (parrot 3100 car kit) works fine, only sometimes the connection doesn't works automatic, audio quality seems a little less than windows mobile.

but its workable en real great.

Thanks,

Richard

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I have been using RL4 installed to NAND for about 2 weeks. My specifics are:

AT&T Tilt (Kais100) / 1.71.09 Radio
HardSPL 3.29 (I tried others but this base one works best for me)
Kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh from Dzo' site

I have most things working and working well.
- Phone works great, auto switches between 2G and 3G based on signal. This is great since my office has terrible coverage.

I'm interested in this, where I live 3g is there but phone spends all day in Windows Mobile flicking between 2 and I miss most calls and texts so I force 2G only - it's not a kaiser thing wife's sony phone has the same - it's where we live.

Are you saying it now works fine ?

Just I found on all other 3g phones where I live it kills battery and I drop calls and don't get calls.

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
GREAT work Myn!!!

Running RLS 4 for five day's with NO FC's at all!!!

Currently testing with .NBH from http://ponack.net/poly/BT_Update/index.php?folder=S2Fpc2VyX05CSHMvRG9udXQ=

and tested with DZO .NBH (18.03.10). http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D

The only difference I noticed between the two .NBH in power consumption. Dzo's .NBH is less power hungry. I tested this by leaving fully charged phone for eight hours in full sleep(wih wif,i gps, sync, BT, and 3G data OFF). Poly's .NBH wake up the phone with 84% charge and Dzo's with 96%. Battery indicator works fine for me.

What works:
Wifi
Gps (not thoroughly tested)
2G/3G data
Bluetooth (headphone tested only)
Camera (bad picture quality, but don't freezes phone)
Full sleep

What don't:
Camcorder

About updates for Kaiser:

Once again Myn GREAT WORK!!!

Any chance of sharing ?

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
I don't know why, but my phone sleeps only when i use the 320x480 res, using 240x320 they not sleep, very strange......

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
Try one of these for working Wifi. If you are using the 480 resolution then take the 150 version.

Thanks for your contributions :)

I've updated the first post with these updates.

Do you by chance have a 160 density version or is 160 a density Kaiser does not use?

Last edited:

xxjoshuaaxx

Dec 31, 2009
Miami
This is a pretty solid build. Wifi doesn't work but I see you posted a fix for that. :D GPS doesn't work and I haven't tried calling yet. Overall I really like this. :D

Simon360

Jun 25, 2008
Installing

Hey guys sorry to bother you with this but i cant seem to get any further.
I downloaded the rom and did the instructions from there put everything on the SD card then used Haret, it says : Haret ;loading linux... and thats about it.
Second thing i did was with the guide downloaded the nb file, update utility and off course the rom then it says i had an iccorect version ?
The Rom looks really good and mine seems to be slowing down more everyday so if u could make some time to help me out ? PLEASE ! ^^

Ty,

smuller00

Aug 7, 2009
OL
Anoybody tried to install with NomoRootfs on SD-Card? I have downloaded the package, extracted and put on SD-Card. After startinh Haret and hit 'Run' i tried to press VolUP, Center-Button on Pad, Camera-Button. But menu will not start.

Any Ideas?

foxhunt72

Jan 24, 2008
Rotterdam
Build works great only major problem battry drain in 2 a 3 hours

Hello,

Using the sd version with the default zImage (240x320) version my battery is
drain within a few hours.

Is er some tweaking a can try to get a few more hours out of the phone.

Or is it better to use the latest zimage-Eclaire from dzo

Greetings,

Richard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There recently has been quite a bit of discussion and support questions pertaining to the Kaiser device on Warm Donut.

To keep these device specific discussions separated and organized we will use this as the official Kaiser support thread.

As I don't own a Kaiser device I will be relying heavily on this strong community for assistance :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated including battery (Thanks Millence)
    Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated Odex Repack (Thanks Millence)

RLS 4 Wifi update + Home Screen load time update for Kaiser (Thanks citrit)

WiFi enabled SQSH files for Kaiser users: (Thanks to noside12123)

240x320@120dpi optimized version of Warm Donut (Thanks to Millence [07-22-2010])

FAQ

• Q: How do I get my battery level representing the correct value?
    • A: Thanks to huttonjd, a fix is available here
    Screenshots:

FlipClock.png
    HomeScreen1NexusLauncher.png
    LauncherNexus1.png

Dialer.png
    Contacts.png
    Widgets.png

DeskClock.png
    CarHome.png
    Launcher.png

NewsWeather.png
    NewsWeather2.png
    calculator.png

Music1.png
    Music2.png
    LockScreen.png
    Cell tower location does not work. From what I understand there is a fix for the RIL (hexadecimal conversion) but so far no one has incorporated it into the builder for Kaiser. I'm not sure whether that will goes into the NBH or the release.

Also ADB does not work at least for Windows. I understand this is an across the board issue for NAND installation.
    I finally got this installed to NAND on my Tilt about an hour ago. My first time using Android. Freakin' loving it so far. Haven't tried everything yet, but everything I have tried works great, including data. Great work Myn. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :D

Firstly, if my screen turns itself off after a period of inactivity for a few minutes, when it comes back, all I can see is a stripey screen and have to soft reset. Its happening every time the screen turns off :(
    Same thing happens to me, except the screen just flickers the striped part for a split second, then it goes away. Was wondering wtf that was all about.
    Secondly, when setting up my apn for my carrier, it wouldn't save it, so I tried editing one of the 2 defaults, but deleted that too when I tried to save it. However, did get round this by changing 1 field at a time and saving until I isolated it to the MCC field. If I leave that alone, it works! Strange. I suspect I could create a new apn entry and save it if I don't change MCC.
    I have the same issue, but I just pulled the battery and restarted the phone as someone earlier suggested, and now 3G is working. The APN is still not showing, but at least data works now. I've been afraid to mess with it further, I don't want to lose my data.

EDIT: figured out the striped screen issue. It's the resolution of the .nbh you have flashed. You are probably flashed to kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh like I was. I went HERE and downloaded kaisimg-panel3-320-tilt-18-03-10.nbh. Just throw it on the root of your sdcard and flash it through the bootloader real quick. It will change your kernel to a different resolution, and you'll actually be able to read the text on your screen lol. Your apps and stuff will be fine.