• Got it on sale, it's okay.

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • No.

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

greate

Jun 11, 2005
Very much happy with stock rom. Can do everything I need, watch online movies, music player, document readers and surfing the net.

I wan to root it but maybe later, still being over whelmed of what it can do and I still have mot bumped into the point that I neet root to do something.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jhsband84

dig'em

Nov 5, 2010
I am a construction inspector for a major oil company and I use mine to fill out reports in excel and MS Word in the field. Before I got this tab for $250, I would jot down all the info in a tally book and type the reports when I got back to the office. It saves me tons of time transferring info to my computer and it fits in my back pocket while in the field. All of my code books and spec books are now at a touch of my finger and instantly accessible ands reports are forwarded to my computer via email attachments. The battery is sufficient enough for me to make it through a 10hr shift without having to look for a charger.

Well worth the price for me! Loving the 7" tablet right now running ICS.

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
I bought it for my daughter to replace the terrible Cruz 101 thing I got her. I got for $189 and it has been superb. We watch movies, read books, surf the web, play games, get yoga videos, etc....

I am more than happy with this purchase and very impressed. Android really never impressed me before. I hope the non leaked ICS upgrade works just as well or better.

My only gripe is not being able to charge it through the usb port and wondering if I'll be able to put Windows 8 on it later!

ledname

Mar 16, 2007
This is the 3rd 7" tablet I have tried. I returned the previous 2. I tried the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (twice) and the Archos 70b (Honeycomb). Out of the box this beat both from my perspective. The Samsung's main problem was TouchWiz and proprietary ports (for me...ymmv). I am glued to e-mail and Samsung's TW mail app would not stay in sync...had to re-do my account frequently.

The Archos was dog-slow and many Market apps (Facebook, for example) were "not compatible." I could have side-loaded but given it was so slow, chose not to.

My only real grip is with the viewing angle...but that was well known before I bought it.

ICS definitely was a big improvement...if you haven't put that in, I recommend it.

greate

Jun 11, 2005
Still happy with my a100, number of books is growing, more mp3, more video and photo I don't worry about storage space since I got additional 32g and might get 64g later. I also sign up with box.net and got 50g cloud storage for free.

Planning to just wait for the OTA official ICS update from acer.

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
I love my A100 too, especially now that I have ICS on it and with ICS my previously non working gps started working great finally so I started using it as my gps navigation device too. :D:p:D:p

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Still happy with my a100, number of books is growing, more mp3, more video and photo I don't worry about storage space since I got additional 32g and might get 64g later. I also sign up with box.net and got 50g cloud storage for free.

Planning to just wait for the OTA official ICS update from acer.

I've recently purchased a 32GB SD card for mine, I haven't had this much storage since my Creative Zen days! Loving the stock ICS music app, even managed to get some Gundam on here too. I'm not sure but does the A100 support cards of that size, 64, that is?

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

jerkules

Nov 18, 2007
I echo what most others on here say. I tried a 10" but it felt too big. This size feels just right in both portrait and landscape.

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
i like mine

my A100 is great but Acer sucks donkey **** in the support for OS updates and patches in a timely manner i cant believe that they have still not released the patch to 2.007.04 in the USA. That alone will make me think twice about buying another Acer product. the speaker headphone issue makes this a defective item. and knowing the patch has been realsed to the rest of the world. WTF ACER. i had to do the update to 3 of these because of my great reviews to family members they bought them. Word of mouth is what will make one company the next Apple killer and things like that are bad for business. i wonder if the USA will ever get this update to ICS. please ACER step up to the plate

Narfoid

Feb 3, 2012
Needs bootloader unlocked

I bought this because it was the same price as a new netbook, and it fits in my pocket. I want to use it as a more functionanal pc with ubuntu or somemthing similar... If I had known about the locked bootloaoder beforehand I problably would not have bought it. As it is the is the same as my HTC desire hd but with a bigger screen, and poorer software compatibility.

It does what it is meant for fairly well... my only complaint is the glitchy touchscreen makes fast typing impossible, and trying to scroll webpages can be a major pain in the rear end. I almost threw it at the wall this morning I was so frustrated, it kept zooming in every time I tried to scroll down while reading an ebook.

I cant compare it to anything else because this is my first tablet... but the price is right and so is the size. If they ever unlock the bootloader I will be ecstatic, but if that takes too long I might sell it and buy something more customizeable.

raphsabb

Oct 13, 2011
Port au Prince
I think as a first tablet i couldnt ask for more. The bootloader issue sux sure, but we still have root and the ability to fux around a little. The hardware isnt the best(battery, screen and such) but wen i was looking around it was the only 7incher that came with HC and a tegra2. My next tablet will have to still remain small(i love this size), have a decent battery life and provide a simcard slot. Until then i see no point in getting rid of this. Matter of fact i probably never will. I can juss run it as a nintendo/super nintendo/64 emulator plugged through hdmi afterwards :)

Sent from my A100 using tapatalk

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
First tablet, perfect size. Wifey got it for me and I am happy with it. I tether off my tbolt and it does what it needs to. I still have not rooted this thing, I think that will make it even more interesting/entertaining.

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
GOD! I can't wait to get mine. I'm getting it on the 3rd O.O :D

Cappy Running SlimICS 2.8 w/ GLITCH V14 B5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very much happy with stock rom. Can do everything I need, watch online movies, music player, document readers and surfing the net.

I wan to root it but maybe later, still being over whelmed of what it can do and I still have mot bumped into the point that I neet root to do something.