How to change fonts in ics

Search This thread

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
So we all know that font changers wont work in ics .

after LOTS of digging i found these two pages and they work ok.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630784

then read

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15077-how-to-make-font-packs-that-work-with-ics-including-bold-and-bold-italic-variants/

except its pain in the ass and sometimes i cant get my own font to work correctly from scratch

and here is a list of all the fonts

http://www.dafont.com/

My dilemma is
1- man its a painful procedure just to preview how they will look on my phone
2-i cant seem to build my own font in italic and bold correctly, i built morpheus which worked on inef deus 1.0 but no bold or italics

can any one guide me and show me where i can make this easier on ics

Update 1: Ok so i think i figured out how to just changed the regular font using any font from font installer aside from changing it completely successfully form the second forum link posted above. The bold and the italic and bold-italic is still the problem
here are my steps :
1- go to font installer
2-in preferences choose the select font option and choose ONLY roboto regular
3-install the font of your liking but DO NOT reboot phone yet
4-go to es explorer and make sure you have root enabled and go to system/fonts
5-choose all the roboto fonts and enable all permission
6-if you have go launcher like me go to preferences and select the regular roboto form system fonts
7-reboot
all the bold , italics will be the system font, every thing else will be your new font.

Last edited:
Reactions: andy55

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
utter failure

Yep font installer = boot loop and nandroid .

I even tried doing the roboto trick from the program its self then went to es explorer and changed permission to full which is essentially what i do manually if i get the font pack my self . still causes the system to hang and battery pull and hboot recovery is warranted.

on this forum someone mentioned only change roboto but ur fonts wont change. Do people no care that font can not be changed in ics ?

andy55

Sep 10, 2009
I just wanted to add to this, I was having issues with changing fonts as well, hanging up at the boot animation, and I followed the directions from the OP, and surprisingly it worked after, booted up and fonts were changed. But I went a step further and changed all fonts in font changer after I rebooted for the first time and now italic, bold etc were all successful. I have an amaze, but hopefully it might work with other devices as well

Reactions: jmichaels1982

andy55

Sep 10, 2009
you change all your permissions for all fonts that you changed? Worked with clockopia too for my default clock.

Reactions: jmichaels1982

putney1477

Feb 21, 2011
Concord, NH
Is this issue across the board with ICS? Or is it ICS firmware? I am stock rooted, and I want to try clean rom 4.5 but stay on GB firmware. Will it work?

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
Across

My feeling is that its across ICS. If you do google there are some rants about how font changers causes boot loops on phones with ics and some methods to change it .

I am still waiting on someone to come and tell me " ur a moron , here its how is its done "

putney1477

Feb 21, 2011
Concord, NH
My feeling is that its across ICS. If you do google there are some rants about how font changers causes boot loops on phones with ics and some methods to change it .

I am still waiting on someone to come and tell me " ur a moron , here its how is its done "

bummer....as dorky as it sounds, font installer is one of the reasons I rooted lol

shenlone

Apr 14, 2013
how can i get rid of "Opera mini is gathering your font information, please wait" in opera mini after changing a font? please help

echolocator

Aug 31, 2012
When I was in ics I had no problem changing my fonts using Rom toolbox paid version. Not sure if free version can do it. I usually used dustimo font.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we all know that font changers wont work in ics .

after LOTS of digging i found these two pages and they work ok.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630784

then read

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15077-how-to-make-font-packs-that-work-with-ics-including-bold-and-bold-italic-variants/

except its pain in the ass and sometimes i cant get my own font to work correctly from scratch

and here is a list of all the fonts

http://www.dafont.com/

My dilemma is
    1- man its a painful procedure just to preview how they will look on my phone
    2-i cant seem to build my own font in italic and bold correctly, i built morpheus which worked on inef deus 1.0 but no bold or italics

can any one guide me and show me where i can make this easier on ics

Update 1: Ok so i think i figured out how to just changed the regular font using any font from font installer aside from changing it completely successfully form the second forum link posted above. The bold and the italic and bold-italic is still the problem
    here are my steps :
    1- go to font installer
    2-in preferences choose the select font option and choose ONLY roboto regular
    3-install the font of your liking but DO NOT reboot phone yet
    4-go to es explorer and make sure you have root enabled and go to system/fonts
    5-choose all the roboto fonts and enable all permission
    6-if you have go launcher like me go to preferences and select the regular roboto form system fonts
    7-reboot
    all the bold , italics will be the system font, every thing else will be your new font.
    i used font installer from the market and it worked for me, although certain fonts will cause your phone to bootloop, alot of them do work.
    I just wanted to add to this, I was having issues with changing fonts as well, hanging up at the boot animation, and I followed the directions from the OP, and surprisingly it worked after, booted up and fonts were changed. But I went a step further and changed all fonts in font changer after I rebooted for the first time and now italic, bold etc were all successful. I have an amaze, but hopefully it might work with other devices as well
    you change all your permissions for all fonts that you changed? Worked with clockopia too for my default clock.