HTC Flyer Take Apart Repair Guide

Search This thread

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Does the outer touchscreen of your HTC Flyer have been cracked or damaged? This written repair guide will show you how to disassemble the HTC Flyer tablet quickly and safely. You can repair a damaged screen or other internal parts using this step by step repair guides.

This guide will help you install the following HTC Flyer parts:
  • HTC Flyer Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Tools Required:
  • Safe open pry tool
  • Torx T5 Screwdriver
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Strips
  • Hair Dryer/Heat Gun

HTC Flyer Screen Repair Take Apart Guide:
  • The first step to taking apart the Flyer is to pop off the top back cover by sliding the section up and away from the device.
  • There will be four (4) Torx T5 screws that will need to be removed. Two hold in place the inner top cover and the other two hold the frame in place.

flyer-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
  • The screen assembly can now be removed from the back cover.

flyer-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
  • All of the internal hardware is now accessible. Use a safe open pry tool to remove the tape that is covering the main connectors, as shown in Figure 2.
  • Remove the six (6) Torx T5 screws holding the main board and volume button flex in place, as shown in Figure 2.

flyer-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
  • Release the nine (9) flex cables as shown in Figure 3. Some are pop connections (antenna), others are clip (such as battery), and a few are jaw connections (lift the back clip and then release the cable).

flyer-4a.jpg

Figure 4​
  • On the lower side of the Flyer we have the USB circuit board. There will be two (2) Torx T5 screws and one (1) connection to be released which is the wire connection as shown in Figure 4.
  • The lower board can now be removed.
  • Remove the one (1) Torx screw holding the vibrate motor cover and speaker in place. With this removed, the full speaker/vibrate motor assembly can be removed from the device.
  • On the main board, there will be silver tape covering the touch screen flex cable. Remove the tape and release the jaw connector. Remove the motherboard from the device.
  • You can now heat the front of the touch screen using a heat gun or hair dryer on medium hate. Use quick movements around the outside edges for about 60 seconds. Now, using a safe open pry tool, pry between the front housing and touch screen to release the adhesive holding it in place. Reheat the touch screen if necessary.
  • Carefully feed the touch screen flex cable through the housing and remove the touch screen digitizer from the Flyer.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Just in time! Daughters Flyer has vertical lines going down the right hand side of the screen, I am going to attempt to take it apart to see if there is anything loose.

Has anyone successfully repaired a Flyer with this problem?

Last edited:

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Just in time! Daughters Flyer has vertical lines going down the right hand side of the screen, I am going to attempt to take it apart to see if there is anything loose.

Has anyone successfully repaired a Flyer with this problem?

Yes. Your LCD screen is damaged. You will need a new LCD screen to replace the damaged one.

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Thank you for the reply. Is it worth sending to HTC for repair? I bought it around December but it was an open box. If not, generally how much does the screen cost, and is it easy to replace ( with the right tools and patience)?

hillco148

Mar 29, 2012
HI, I just change my digitizer screen and now the screen don't work.
the only thing that works is the power and vol.
i have the pen and still not working..
I check all the plug and wires and it power up but screen don't work....
anyone had this problem??

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
HI, I just change my digitizer screen and now the screen don't work.
the only thing that works is the power and vol.
i have the pen and still not working..
I check all the plug and wires and it power up but screen don't work....
anyone had this problem??

When you say the screen is not working do you mean the touch screen or are you getting no picture?

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
So I followed your excellent guide (to replace a battery), and I thank you!

However, in the process, I managed to break, break-off, loose, the Vol- button. I can no longer feel the button protrusion when the case is off, and with the case and volume rocker on, there is no Vol- function.

I can find work arrounds, but if their is an easy fix, I'd be happy to hear it!

SinisterModz

Mar 30, 2012
Any tips on how to change the USB port? Mine flew off like a bullet when my wife dropped it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Naz12

May 11, 2012
Any tips on how to change the USB port? Mine flew off like a bullet when my wife dropped it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Same here I was reading this thread... /xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=163850

There is a link to a web site that you can buy the part, it looks like it will fit. It also looks like a simple fix. I'm going to order it tomorrow , looks like $50 bucks with delivery from Asia.

23rdfactory

Jun 13, 2012
Digitizer changed.. But LCD not working .. Somebody Plz help..

HI, I changed my digitizer screen and but the screen doesnt work.
I checked all the plug and wires and when it powers up , i can hear the booting sound but no picture.. somebody please help..

sonus

Jan 25, 2007
Great guide! I used it to replace a damaged charging port on my son's view.

Sent from my HTC Flyer using xda premium

Is the charging port soldered on the motherboard?

Where did you buy the charging port? This link is dead

Thanks, looking forward to getting my Flyer back up and running!
Same here I was reading this thread... /xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=163850

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the outer touchscreen of your HTC Flyer have been cracked or damaged? This written repair guide will show you how to disassemble the HTC Flyer tablet quickly and safely. You can repair a damaged screen or other internal parts using this step by step repair guides.

This guide will help you install the following HTC Flyer parts:
    • HTC Flyer Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Tools Required:
    • Safe open pry tool
    • Torx T5 Screwdriver
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips
    • Hair Dryer/Heat Gun

HTC Flyer Screen Repair Take Apart Guide:
    • The first step to taking apart the Flyer is to pop off the top back cover by sliding the section up and away from the device.
    • There will be four (4) Torx T5 screws that will need to be removed. Two hold in place the inner top cover and the other two hold the frame in place.

flyer-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
    • The screen assembly can now be removed from the back cover.

flyer-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
    • All of the internal hardware is now accessible. Use a safe open pry tool to remove the tape that is covering the main connectors, as shown in Figure 2.
    • Remove the six (6) Torx T5 screws holding the main board and volume button flex in place, as shown in Figure 2.

flyer-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
    • Release the nine (9) flex cables as shown in Figure 3. Some are pop connections (antenna), others are clip (such as battery), and a few are jaw connections (lift the back clip and then release the cable).

flyer-4a.jpg

Figure 4​
    • On the lower side of the Flyer we have the USB circuit board. There will be two (2) Torx T5 screws and one (1) connection to be released which is the wire connection as shown in Figure 4.
    • The lower board can now be removed.
    • Remove the one (1) Torx screw holding the vibrate motor cover and speaker in place. With this removed, the full speaker/vibrate motor assembly can be removed from the device.
    • On the main board, there will be silver tape covering the touch screen flex cable. Remove the tape and release the jaw connector. Remove the motherboard from the device.
    • You can now heat the front of the touch screen using a heat gun or hair dryer on medium hate. Use quick movements around the outside edges for about 60 seconds. Now, using a safe open pry tool, pry between the front housing and touch screen to release the adhesive holding it in place. Reheat the touch screen if necessary.
    • Carefully feed the touch screen flex cable through the housing and remove the touch screen digitizer from the Flyer.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
    just out of curiosity did you draw those diagrams in paint by hand? if so.. great work lol