LRS G Pad 2.5.0 YouTube Problem

Search This thread

dannygrey

Aug 22, 2014
I've recently installed the rom on my G Pad and it works very well, until I get into YouTube and saw all of the videos looks glitchy.
(Can't post links, see imgur[dot]com[slash]GTsrMLk)
I thought it was the AIC kernel I installed, so I flashed back the stock kernel and still saw the glitchy videos. I try to watch some movies on my SD card using MX Player and they work very well. But the problem on YouTube is still there. Is there a way to fix this?

johnnyboygb

Dec 5, 2012
Just a quick response to this ! I have a non rooted standard g pad and when I use the you tube app my subscriptions start in a sripey black and white fashion I can hear the audio OK but the picture is about 5 horizontal stripes with the picture all mixed up within the stripes . I can view you tube fine in other browsers but the dedicated app is a mess ! Any help or work around greatly received ! I have uninstalled the updates and rebooted the g pad and still the problem persists !!

milanioom

Dec 21, 2010
Just a quick response to this ! I have a non rooted standard g pad and when I use the you tube app my subscriptions start in a sripey black and white fashion I can hear the audio OK but the picture is about 5 horizontal stripes with the picture all mixed up within the stripes . I can view you tube fine in other browsers but the dedicated app is a mess ! Any help or work around greatly received ! I have uninstalled the updates and rebooted the g pad and still the problem persists !!

My fix is to install the latest you tube app, and if it doesn't work (ant it wont) go to app info and force stop it and clear data.
Unfortunately it's not a permanent fix.
The problem may return (happened to me once) ,but you just do it again.

shawt

Nov 12, 2008
Prague
Hi, I have same problem. Is this related just with LG G pad or is this problem with other devices?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vimesUK

Aug 18, 2007
Nr Manchester
I noticed this also with a rooted stock 4.4.2 ROM. To resolve this I removed the latest update from the Youtube app and it has been fine so far.
It is now 5.5.27 for the Youtube app.

If you look at the Store you will note others are reporting the issue, seems to be the latest update causing it.

Last edited: