[APP] Fabrik Reader 2.0 | Elegent ebook reader that works seamlessly with Dropbox

Search This thread

kcustom11

Sep 15, 2010
Reactions: xdalaw

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
Stopped in to grab the apk (thank you) and to express my sadness. The best reader by a mile

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I've since switched to other readers that support cloud syncing across devices (i.e. Moon+). But yeah, it was good while it lasted.

Moon+ is a lot better than it used to be, but it's still REALLY klunky with network books... Like getting files off Dropbox is completely non-obvious, you just have plunder around until you find the Dropbox tab. After that, at least the book shows up in your Library, and does sync across devices.

The lag between chapters still gets on my nerves with Moon+ but it's better than the 2-3 minute wait Fabrik randomly did to load a book at all.

niscrulez

Nov 20, 2013
I've been using "moon +" for months. Is it possible to transfer my previous notes and markings to this app or any other?

XavierDery

Nov 15, 2011
Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Missing from Google Play ? Or is it just me...

Hello ! Yes I would like to know more, but Google Play right now says "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server" ...

Is it just me ? Or has it been pulled/deleted from the official store ?

If so, is it possible to get the apk ?

Thanks, the app looks great, can't wait to try it !

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I had just read the first 2-3 pages and not the very last. There's even a link for the APK... :silly:

Last edited:
Reactions: DanieVDM

spaboleo

Jul 16, 2010
Why was it pulled off from the play store?

Not sure if I want to trust some third party sites as a source for apks :/

Paulikid

Sep 2, 2009
Bonn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Last entry on blog and G+ at 19th July, no reply to comments or questions about the missing app on Play Store. I think this project is dead.

Swyped from my incredible Sony Xperia Z with Tapatalk 4

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I had personally already moved onto Moon+, even though I like Fabrik better in a few ways.

Moon+'s book syncing isn't as nice.. You have to go browse your network share and download a book to read. If you have a zillion books there, it's probably a better solution. But if you're like me and just put up a new one when you're reading it, Fabrik was nice that it synced it automatically.

But Fabrik was VERY slow opening some books, and some books it would randomly not open.. Moon+ opens them really fast, but it also does some loading between chapters, but it's usually less than a second. Kind of an annoying pause, but better than sometimes waiting a minute or more for Fabrik to open a book at all.

And Moon+ is half off right now, so if you haven't, check it out while it's cheaper. The free version does pretty much anything you need except syncing, so if you want to sync books between devices (and pull them off cloud shares easily) get the Pro.

Paulikid

Sep 2, 2009
Bonn
OnePlus 9 Pro
I already saw that Moon is 50% off atm, so I moved over too. I store my ebooks in my Dropbox and copy them to the external storage of my device when I want to read them. That's not as comfortable as it was with Fabrik, but you're right, Fabrik was unbelievable slow when opening/loading books, so I can live with that. In Addition, Moon+ is very nice configurable.

Edit: After a little research I discovered a wonderful way to create own OPSD Calibre catalogues and store them in your dropbox. So you can add your own cloud catalogues to Moon+ and download your books from there when needed.

For anyone who´s interested, here´s a great and detailed how-to:

http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/create-your-own-cloud-of-ebooks-with-calibre-calibre-opds-dropbox/

Last edited:

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I already saw that Moon is 50% off atm, so I moved over too. I store my ebooks in my Dropbox and copy them to the external storage of my device when I want to read them. That's not as comfortable as it was with Fabrik, but you're right, Fabrik was unbelievable slow when opening/loading books, so I can live with that. In Addition, Moon+ is very nice configurable.

Edit: After a little research I discovered a wonderful way to create own OPSD Calibre catalogues and store them in your dropbox. So you can add your own cloud catalogues to Moon+ and download your books from there when needed.

For anyone who´s interested, here´s a great and detailed how-to:

http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/create-your-own-cloud-of-ebooks-with-calibre-calibre-opds-dropbox/

You don't have to do anything.. Just link your Dropbox, then click My Files on the home, click the Dropbox tab, then browse. But you do have to browse, vs automatic syncing. But no need to set up OPSD.

That said, OPSD might be better in some ways, dunno, but not required.

Reactions: Paulikid

Paulikid

Sep 2, 2009
Bonn
OnePlus 9 Pro
You don't have to do anything.. Just link your Dropbox, then click My Files on the home, click the Dropbox tab, then browse. But you do have to browse, vs automatic syncing. But no need to set up OPSD.

That said, OPSD might be better in some ways, dunno, but not required.

I knew that, but the OPSD tool creates catalogues for author, tags, recently added, genre... you can configure that individually. That makes browsing your collection much more effective. I know, this is not required, but it's a great way to sort an entire collection in the cloud.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I knew that, but the OPSD tool creates catalogues for author, tags, recently added, genre... you can configure that individually. That makes browsing your collection much more effective. I know, this is not required, but it's a great way to sort an entire collection in the cloud.

Yep, I agree, OPSD does make it easier to browse, just a lot of steps to get there as well as maintenance to keep it up to date.

That said... FBReader has stepped up its game and does an OPSD-like service off your personal Google Drive! I always like FBReader back in the day but its only sync was a kludge that would dig into the FBReader databases and sync that, which was slow and unreliable and didn't do anything with the books themselves, and often I wound up getting a book to finish on a different device and it'd think it wasn't the same book so the location wouldn't sync.

Anyway, I think this is new to at least the 2.0 version, I had just noticed it last night. FBReaders UI is still pretty bleh, and always have had the "how do I get back to that menu?" issue in FBReader, as it seems to get into a Book or Library mode, but can't find settings etc.. but anyway, otherwise it was always a good reader. I'm going to try it out again for my next book, just for giggles.

Darrian

Feb 25, 2011
OnePlus 9
I have to say I'm fairly upset right now. I bought the pro version a while ago but now I can't install it from the play store because it is just gone. I hardly even used it, so now it feels like theft. WTF? I got ahold of the free version through 1mobile, but apparently that is going to expire soon, so I can't even continue using that and deal with stupid ads that I already paid not to see. Wonderful.

Reactions: tinkererx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I give you, Fabrik Reader 2.0! With completely redesigned UI and a render engine that can handle CSS. Read more here.

You might ask, we already got at least 10 different book readers in the android world, why another one? Well, here is thing, among all those 10 different book readers, I just can't find one that really suits me, so I decided to build my own, and here we are :)

Now, what's so different about Fabrik Reader? Let me ask you a question first, do you really want that much custom preferences in a book reader? Or do you want a book reader that just works beautifully out of the box? Fabrik Reader is definitely not the most feature rich book reader, and what Fabrik Reader gives you, is a really premium, yet really simple user experience. With Fabrik Reader, you get:

★ Complete synchronization of the entire reading experience with your Dropbox. That means, all your books, as well as all your reading progress. So you can use as many devices to read as you want, and everything will just keep in sync automatically.
    ★ A beautiful interface that will make your reading experience really premium, and easy on your eye.
    ★ Find covers for your book automatically which make your book looks even better.
    ★ Share your reading progress(with a beautiful book cover).
    ★ Some more general stuff in an ebook reader, like adjust text size, screen brightness, night model, etc.
    ★ Support txt, epub, mobi format (and more will come in the future).

Again, if you want a beautiful book reader that works out of the box, and keeps everything in sync, I think Fabrik Reader is just the way to go. So why not give it a shot? It's free any way!

Want to know more? Here you go: Fabrik Reader on Play Store, Blog, Twitter

[NOTICE] Hi guys, sorry I'm not able to reply every single one of your posts like before. It's just that there are too many of them now and I want to spend as much time as I have to developing Fabrik Reader and make it better. I've posted on the blog a feature request summary. Thank you for your support.

unnamed.jpg
    unnamed%20%281%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%282%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%285%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%284%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%283%29.jpg
    I really like the design :) I have imported a couple of epub's that i had on my SD, so i'll take it out for a spin later.

One request though: Multi select books to import, and also be able to select and import entire folders (i have 20 epub's in one folder)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Great advice! I'll definitely put it in my todo list. I also think that it may be cool to have something like if you put some book in a dedicated folder in your dropbox, synchronization will automatic import them. So one more for my todo list!
    Hi guys,

A new version will be released at the end of the weekend, you'll going to get better epub render, dropbox folder selection, bug fixes, etc. Stay tuned!
    Hi guys, 0.42 beta is out with the long waited landscape two column reading model! Check it out and let me know what you think.
    guys, 0.37 beta has just been published, and now you have epub image rendering!