Rooting then going back

Search This thread

nnila

Oct 14, 2010
Hi all,
I have a Telstra Sony Xperia Z on Android v4.3 that is a work phone.

I am going to root it I think but am obviously worried about the implications as a work phone if any problems or if I have to send it back at all.
I am aware that potentially a phone can be bricked, etc. etc.
Aside from any rare big issues like that however, is setting the phone 'back to normal' just a case of choosing to reset to Manufacturer defaults and that does everything automatically.

Are there any flags or anything else set in the phone that would enable them to tell that I have unrooted it?

I know with my Asus Transformer, when I first turn it on, there is a message that pops straight up saying that I have unlocked it and supposedly that is just there and no way of hiding it.

Just want to make 100% sure I can go back without any way of them telling.

Thanks

nnila

Oct 14, 2010
Hi all,
I have a Telstra Sony Xperia Z on Android v4.3 that is a work phone.

I am going to root it I think but am obviously worried about the implications as a work phone if any problems or if I have to send it back at all.
I am aware that potentially a phone can be bricked, etc. etc.
Aside from any rare big issues like that however, is setting the phone 'back to normal' just a case of choosing to reset to Manufacturer defaults and that does everything automatically.

Are there any flags or anything else set in the phone that would enable them to tell that I have unrooted it?

I know with my Asus Transformer, when I first turn it on, there is a message that pops straight up saying that I have unlocked it and supposedly that is just there and no way of hiding it.

Just want to make 100% sure I can go back without any way of them telling.

Thanks

Wow. Not a single person can clarify this for me?