Very low audio since last official update

Search This thread

monkoid

Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
Hi,

Before the last update on my HTC One X, audio was fine. Playing videos, ringtones and notifications, playing games, music, whatever... since I received the last update with Sense 5, although all my volumes are at maximum you can hardly hear it.

When plugging in the headset I get the audio as loud as I want.

I know the speaker on HTC One X is not that good, but still - I had no problem hearing my phone ring before...

I tried everything I could find, I cannot change a thing.

Did someone experience this specifically after an update ? (apparently some people complained about the loudness of that phone before - did HTC go a little bit too far fixing that ?)
Do you think this could be solved by flashing with Revolution HD ? (which I wanted to do since it works brilliantly on my Note II)

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Sent from my HTC One X

I had this problem and I googled it and found a zip that made it a bit louder I'm sorry I can't remember what it was called I just asked how to make HTC one x speaker louder

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Sent from my HTC One X
It's called AudioX I just found it sorry I thought I'd accidentally deleted it lol

rek0r

Sep 30, 2013
Sent from my HTC One X

I had this problem and I googled it and found a zip that made it a bit louder I'm sorry I can't remember what it was called I just asked how to make HTC one x speaker louder

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Sent from my HTC One X
It's called AudioX I just found it sorry I thought I'd accidentally deleted it lol

I think you are talking about this one

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2231742

monkoid

Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
Thanks for the replies... I was only able to try things out saturday because I didn't have the phone at home...

It wasn't rooted yet, but that's done now. I flashed it with cwm recovery and Revolution HD 31.3.

During the installation, R-HD suggested the installation of PureXaudio - which I selected. There was still no change, the maximum volume of the phone is still very low.

So I checked the post for it, downloaded the mods pureXaudio and xLOUD to install them manually from recovery - still no change. I don't find anything in the settings either concerning those mods, so I don't really know what to do next. The post also states it's system wide, that nothing needs to be done for it to be effective...

Continuing my reading I came across some posts advising to modify some file in the system folder, but I can't retrieve that file. I tried by connecting the phone as media storage, I also browsed the phone's system folders with ES File Explorer - no luck.

I also checked the posts for viper4audio but I can't figure what I have to do exactly... I must say I read it rapidly 'cause I needed to go... but I do have the phone with me now, so I can try everything out.

pureXaudio seems to be a quality enhancer -- I should say, the quality is not the issue, it's really the volume.

Question : with those mods installed, shouldn't I be able to activate Beats Audio again, even without headphones ? Because I still can't...

I hope some of you can tell me if I did something wrong, or didn't do something I should have... installation of those mods didn't change a thing for me (apparently).

I'm about to flash with other ROMs to see if something changes - I'm open to all suggestions.

And as for AudioX - I suppose it was pureXaudio because I can't fine anything called AudioX in the Play Store or even by Googling it.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Beats is for headset only.

Sound like you need to clean the speak out, I would suggest opening it and cleaning from inside out but you can do it from the outside if you rather.

A tooth brush as the best way to go about it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

monkoid

Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
Well I thought about the speaker, but it's unlikely. I'll try anyway, just to get that out the way, but it was still going fine before the last update...

By the way, I just tried cm-10.1.3-endeavoru - I didn't have sound at all (neither did I have wifi or bluetooth... nevermind though, that's not my current problem)

I'm back to Revolution HD now... made sure pureXaudio was installed again - still no change.

Before switching ROMs I used ROM-Cleaner and wiped all data, cache, dalvik cache...

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Well I thought about the speaker, but it's unlikely. I'll try anyway, just to get that out the way, but it was still going fine before the last update...

By the way, I just tried cm-10.1.3-endeavoru - I didn't have sound at all (neither did I have wifi or bluetooth... nevermind though, that's not my current problem)

I'm back to Revolution HD now... made sure pureXaudio was installed again - still no change.

Before switching ROMs I used ROM-Cleaner and wiped all data, cache, dalvik cache...

Did you wipe cache in fastboot?

Fastboot erase cache

monkoid

Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
Did you wipe cache in fastboot?

Fastboot erase cache

I wiped with CWM recovery every time... do you think wiping through fastboot would change anything regarding sound ?

Now I'm looking into flashing it with an earlier stock rom nandroid backup (from a thread found here in the forum) - but the one I tried earlier didn't take. I downloaded another (even slightly older) version which I still need to try out.

I also apologize regarding the earlier "AudioX" suggestion : there is indeed an AudioX mod available, one of which every one seems to be happy - unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have any effect on mine :(

I'm starting to wonder if installing those mods really has any effect. I'm using CWM - which I'm told is OK for all those mods (installations do succeed), but I also noticed most people are using TFWP(?) - so I'll start looking into switching from CWM to TFWP if the earlier stock roms don't help.

samyaditya

Oct 13, 2012
jaipur
did you figure it out?

I wiped with CWM recovery every time... do you think wiping through fastboot would change anything regarding sound ?

Now I'm looking into flashing it with an earlier stock rom nandroid backup (from a thread found here in the forum) - but the one I tried earlier didn't take. I downloaded another (even slightly older) version which I still need to try out.

I also apologize regarding the earlier "AudioX" suggestion : there is indeed an AudioX mod available, one of which every one seems to be happy - unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have any effect on mine :(

I'm starting to wonder if installing those mods really has any effect. I'm using CWM - which I'm told is OK for all those mods (installations do succeed), but I also noticed most people are using TFWP(?) - so I'll start looking into switching from CWM to TFWP if the earlier stock roms don't help.
I'm having the same problem. AudioX or any other mod doesn't seem to work. Did you sort it out?