Tablet not detected when connected via usb at all

Search This thread

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
I connect my tablet to my two laptops, one is win 8.1 and the other osx, neither shows any sign of knowing the tablet is connected at all.

it does not prompt me to instal any drivers, i dont see it in device manager though i could be missing it. definitely doesnt show up in file explorer as a drive. have tried switching from mtp to ptp and back again. I have no dea. The same cable when connected to the charger works fine, but no sign of life on a computer.

I'm trying to root it and get CM10 on there but this is stopping me in my tracks.

edit: i also just tried an older windows xp computer, no luck their either.

Last edited:

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
Bad cable?

Turn in USB debugging in developer options?

Tried both that I own. And it charges fine. Also tried connection the keyboard dock and then the cable to that. Out of ideas.

USB debugging has been enabled and disabled multiple times. Multiple reboots. I'm going to try rolling back the firmware from .10 to .8

Last edited:

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Well its successfully unlocked. But I'm like 99% sure I need root for goo manager to install twrp. Or USB to work to install twrp via fastboot.... No?

I wouldn't start installing custom anything without working fastboot and adb access.

- Make sure the contacts of the connector and cable are clean.
- Do the equivalent of "lsusb" under OSX to check if the tablet is detected.
- Try different USB ports.

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
I wouldn't start installing custom anything without working fastboot and adb access.

- Make sure the contacts of the connector and cable are clean.
- Do the equivalent of "lsusb" under OSX to check if the tablet is detected.
- Try different USB ports.

Have tried five ports accross three computers on three operating systems. Two usb cables, and the use of the dock should have bypassed any dirty connections. I can try Ubuntu live boot tomorrow if it comes to that.

edgex

Jan 29, 2012
San Francisco
Sent it off to get fixed, they verified they had the same problem, waited weeks for a replacement part, they replaced it and sent it back. And its doing the samn damn thing. So done with this tablet.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
No, and I would think a factory reset which I've done multiple times would have undone that even if I had on accident some way.

How do you connect the tablet to the PC? Always through the dock USB?
Do you have the same problem when connecting the tablet directly? Undock it, use the original cable to connect to different USB ports.