[APP][BROWSER] (For N5) Javelin Browser - AdBlock, KitKat transparency, Multi-Windows

Search This thread

skw5115

Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Browser's looking good so far, but 2 things I feel are missing:

1. blank new tab. currently if i click new tab button, it loads homepage, which takes time, i'd rather have new tabs just be blank before i type an address

2. per-page toggle of desktop/mobile page display mode, instead of just in settings. this i really miss from stock (chrome) browser

also, where it says in the app "i refuse to cripple the browser with a pay wall" ...then why have you done this? i regularly would keep 20+ tabs open, here is only limit of 10... seems very selfcontradictory? i mean, i understand you need to get paid, but saying it like this just looks bad
I wouldn't say 10 tabs is crippling the browser. You still have access to all the essential features for free. I think his statement is fine

mrbubba999

Mar 28, 2010
Google Pixel C
Anyway of having the bookmarks organised? I've imported from chrome, but there's so many that it's impossible to find the one I want. Chrome had them in folders

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
If you Google image search on Android L it has really weird graphical glitches. This doesn't happen on Chrome tho so it's definitely app related

juggies

Feb 26, 2012
Can you please make it possible to save images in the stack mode?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

raymond4

Aug 9, 2010
millville new jersey
Anyway you can do something like this from atlas browser?
yda7uny4.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, I'm the dev for Javelin Browser. Javelin was launched less than 2 months back. And now, I am putting extra effort in making it work perfect on the Nexus 5. I think, Javelin browser is the best browser for Nexus 5 over Chrome or any other browsers, for the following 3 reasons. A - MULTI-TASK truly with Javelin Stack. AKA Link-Bubble functionality. Javelin Stack allows you to Open links in other apps and view in without switching back and forth to the full browser. B - BLOCK annoying ads Native ad-block means faster load speeds, use less data. C - KITKAT TRANSPARENCY Javelin is the ONLY browser that makes full use of KitKat's transparent status and navigation bars so you can view the entire website on your screen. Other Javelin features:

• [*]1-touch navigation gestures
      [*]Built-in VPN
      [*]Uses AOSP WebView
      [*]Reading mode
    DOWNLOAD JAVELIN BROWSER: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nubelacorp.javelin WEBSITE: http://javelinbrowser.com (How Javelin Stack works)
    Kf1A5Bb.png
    (Javelin Browser)
    maQhJeq.jpg
    ------------------ What do you think? Feel free to reply to the thread on your feedback and if there are any issues on Nexus 5, so I can make Javelin Browser better for current Nexus 5 owners :)

Note : I'm not the original developer. The thread is gone and no reason was given so I'm not sure if it was moderated or not, if it was please delete. Thanks mods. Hence the repost, because this app was made with the Nexus 5 in mind. I have talked to the OP about posting this and was given full permission.
    Hello everyone, I have just pushed out v3.2.0.

In this release, the primary focus is on improving the reading mode by 10X, and I think it is achieved. Not just is the accuracy very much improved, but it also does images now :)

The secondary focus was taking Stack a step further as a REAL browser. This is why in this release, you can do a whole lot more with links opened in Stack. Like download files, long press links, etc.

Here's the changelog:

- (NEW) Open tabs/bookmarks in Stack
    - (NEW) Reading mode in stack
    - (NEW) Reading mode now extract images
    - (NEW) Guide to gestures (in settings)
    - (NEW) Downloads in Stack
    - (NEW) Handle long press with links/images in Stack
    - (IMPROVEMENT) 10x improvement to Reading mode's accuracy
    - (IMPROVEMENT) Select text in Reading mode
    - (IMPROVEMENT) More gestures in Stack
    - (IMPROVEMENT) Sharing links will now share page title as subject
    - (IMPROVEMENT) Stack has now better memory/cpu management
    @javelinbrowser you have the floor good sir.

Thanks! Still looking to accept any feedback and questions :)
    Beautiful app! :good:
    I would like to help by testing the beta releases but not able to sign up for beta, instead am greeted with this screen.

You need to join this community first: https://plus.google.com/communities/106470412179443137104 get approved and then visit: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.nubelacorp.javelin to join the beta! :)
    Mr Javelin, (lol)

@javelinbrowser

My only annoyance with the browser is when backing up or pressing x on the open tab, please make it go back to the home page rather than this black screen only to have to make it load the home screen again because there's nothing else you can do from there
    6uhysy8u.jpg

Hi,

You can long press back button to exit the app :)