[ROM] NegaLite-BluRom-JCFunk | 2.95 | Sprint/VM | Sense/Apex/Nova | 03/25/2014

Search This thread

PiggyFlooper

Oct 12, 2013
I can't for the life of me get Google now to work. Cards never load, and when searching, results pop, but can not be selected. My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but anyone have any ideas on it?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What have you tried to get it working?

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk

Nov 15, 2010
Wiping cache and dalvik, fixing permissions, reinstalling clean, removing it completely and using Mikey's, and the other official port of Google now. Installing Google now without voice search. Using multiple different Google accounts. I mean what else is there.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

PiggyFlooper

Oct 12, 2013
Wiping cache and dalvik, fixing permissions, reinstalling clean, removing it completely and using Mikey's, and the other official port of Google now. Installing Google now without voice search. Using multiple different Google accounts. I mean what else is there.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Hmmm, you're right, cards aren't showing up, I haven't used it in several months, used to work. Messed around with it for a couple hours trying to figure it out. I imagine this is Google's doing. Please let me know if ya get er fixed

Nov 15, 2010
I am assuming it's because Google updated the "Google settings" app to be able to turn on and off the cards in Google now. So since we have the ICS Google settings app we don't even have access to Google now options. Thus why it's half broken. Any chance of baking in jellybean Google settings?

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Still working on this. Been trying to update kernel, will update rom when I can.
Found Nega's red theme.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=13130

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Hmmm, you're right, cards aren't showing up, I haven't used it in several months, used to work. Messed around with it for a couple hours trying to figure it out. I imagine this is Google's doing. Please let me know if ya get er fixed

I've seen it needs android 4.1
I don't know why they would stop support for 4.0
I am assuming it's because Google updated the "Google settings" app to be able to turn on and off the cards in Google now. So since we have the ICS Google settings app we don't even have access to Google now options. Thus why it's half broken. Any chance of baking in jellybean Google settings?

Last edited:

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
OK, quick follow up. My wife is using her 3VO as a daily driver. It was on Nega's BluROM, r111. Well, her mobile data just stopped working. I tried updating the profile and PRL using WiFi, but neither would update. So, using my phone as a hotspot, I downloaded the newest version of Negalite-BluROM-JCFunk. Full wipe and flash, and the profile and PRL updated and the mobile data has been restored. Now it works great again, and is updated to boot! I like it so much, I'm gonna go home and flash it on my old 3VO (which isn't even activated) just to have it on there. Thanks for keeping this ROM alive and active, BluROM was hands down the best ROM I ever ran on my 3VO. And I ran a bunch of them.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Oh hey, just saw this, is this the newest version, or the one in post #2? Because the one in post #2 is the one I downloaded and installed on my wife's phone today.

And the sd card issues people are reporting, which version is that on?

If, by chance, I have downloaded Nega's last posted version (looks to be r121), I guess I can't dirty flash negalite_funk_mod_v3.zip? I need to do a clean flash for that, yes?

Also, is development suspended on this? reading back it looks like you don't have a 3VO anymore.....?

Edit: nevermind, I think I answered my own questions by re reading the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcfunk

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
OK, quick follow up. My wife is using her 3VO as a daily driver. It was on Nega's BluROM, r111. Well, her mobile data just stopped working. I tried updating the profile and PRL using WiFi, but neither would update. So, using my phone as a hotspot, I downloaded the newest version of Negalite-BluROM-JCFunk. Full wipe and flash, and the profile and PRL updated and the mobile data has been restored. Now it works great again, and is updated to boot! I like it so much, I'm gonna go home and flash it on my old 3VO (which isn't even activated) just to have it on there. Thanks for keeping this ROM alive and active, BluROM was hands down the best ROM I ever ran on my 3VO. And I ran a bunch of them.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Oh hey, just saw this, is this the newest version, or the one in post #2? Because the one in post #2 is the one I downloaded and installed on my wife's phone today.

And the sd card issues people are reporting, which version is that on?

If, by chance, I have downloaded Nega's last posted version (looks to be r121), I guess I can't dirty flash negalite_funk_mod_v3.zip? I need to do a clean flash for that, yes?

Also, is development suspended on this? reading back it looks like you don't have a 3VO anymore.....?

Edit: nevermind, I think I answered my own questions by re reading the thread.
I got to laugh, I've been updating svn for awhile but had not posted a new zip in a long time. So many ppl just download the one in post 2, Nega not updated that post. It took me 2.5 hours to upload the latest zip from my home wifi. Glad to hear it's rocking your 3Ds

Reactions: GAPO

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
I got to laugh, I've been updating svn for awhile but had not posted a new zip in a long time. So many ppl just download the one in post 2, Nega not updated that post. It took me 2.5 hours to upload the latest zip from my home wifi. Glad to hear it's rocking your 3Ds

Just my wife's at the moment. For some reason, mime stopped seeing SD cards.....

Dunno why or what I should do.

Mine is on Negalite BluROM r118. I'd like to fiddle with it, but it won't recognize any sd cards.

It seemed fine until I updated 4ext recovery. Then it says the SD card is bkank. I tried a couple of other SD cards, it says they are all blank, even though they are not.

Last edited:

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
My Android version is 4.0.3.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I may need to flash back to stock? I am s-off (wire trick), anybody know if there is anything I can do to flash back to stock? Would a factory reset do the trick?

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Just my wife's at the moment. For some reason, mime stopped seeing SD cards.....

Dunno why or what I should do.

Mine is on Negalite BluROM r118. I'd like to fiddle with it, but it won't recognize any sd cards.

It seemed fine until I updated 4ext recovery. Then it says the SD card is bkank. I tried a couple of other SD cards, it says they are all blank, even though they are not.

if you have adb in that recovery you can push jcfunk's twrp 2.8.5 to /data/local/tmp (mount data first) and use adb shell to
Code:
dd if=/data/local/tmp/twrp-2.8.5.0-shooter-JCFunkMOD+.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
then reboot recovery. with luck it's just recovery having issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcfunk and GAPO

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
if you have adb in that recovery you can push jcfunk's twrp 2.8.5 to /data/local/tmp (mount data first) and use adb shell to
Code:
dd if=/data/local/tmp/twrp-2.8.5.0-shooter-JCFunkMOD+.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

I need to use a PC to do this, yes? Been a while since I did anything more complicated than flashing ROMs on the 3VO.

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
Ooooooookaaaaayyyyyy, well, here's the update. I dunno what I did, but this thing wouldn't recognize any card, even cards that I knew were good.

The card that was in it was definitely borked, I dunno how, but it is. I'm gonna try an SD fixer on it.

In the meantime, I bought another card cheap, formatted it in my other phone, and now my 3VO recognizes it fine.

I downloaded v3 of Negalite/JCFunk and I am installing it now......

And it went swimmingly. All is well, I may just use my 3VO as a dd for a while just for sh*ts and giggles.

Last edited:

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I'll get you updates brother, I've just been extremely busy haha
Thanks

Was think of asking, if you could update this to XDA: devDB so I can be a Contributor.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Code:
For me, I would just fastboot the recovery

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

But like I've always said, "more then one way to skin a cat"

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I need to use a PC to do this, yes? Been a while since I did anything more complicated than flashing ROMs on the 3VO.
since your rom is working you can use connectbot or terminal emulator.
may or may not need busybox installed too.
download twrp on phone.
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/Download/twrp-2.8.5.0-shooter-JCFunkMOD+.img /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
fastboot good too but needs pc.

Reactions: GAPO

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
since your rom is working you can use connectbot or terminal emulator.
may or may not need busybox installed too.
download twrp on phone.
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/Download/twrp-2.8.5.0-shooter-JCFunkMOD+.img /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
fastboot good too but needs pc.

Already got it to go by using a fresh sdcard

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
not really, I've fastboot from one phone to another. CHroot of Ubuntu and otg cable. I can root a phone with my phone lol
phooey. mine errors out whether ubuntu 14.04 chroot or android shell with adb and otg cable. hadn't tried fastboot... where'd you get your binaries? my cable recognizes flash drives fine in chroot.
Already got it to go by using a fresh sdcard

yeah, I read that. just wanted to add the commands for the method in case of searches. glad it worked out simply instead!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW A COLLABORATION! JCFUNK HAS TAKEN OVER
    BIG Thanks To Him For Keeping This Rom ALIVE!!!
    download-46-1920x1200_zpsbf382095.png

Apex_zpsde0498c1.png

Senseless! with the exception of the lockscreen

Screenshot_2013-01-02-23-50-58_zpsb3b07238.png

Full Wipe Recommended for first time fresh install

I'm not responsible for anything my rom does to your phone, unless your phone smiles :)

Here are some Youtube overview/reviews

HTCEvoHacks.com
    :

NegaLite BluRom for Sprint/Virgin Mobile HTC Evo 3D!

NegaLite-BluRom Evo 3D - ssdave

Downloads In Post #2
    features_zpsca43bac2.png

Sense 3.6
    Aroma Installer
    Sprint 2.95/2.89 Hybrid
    Gets 4000+ quads on default settings, More depends on the kernel version
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    A Very Fast Rom!!! (Made with performance in mind)
    Great battery life! (But that all depends on how you set it up)
    Init.d support
    Aroma Installer with a crazy amount of options!
    Kernel_zpsb367d852.png

Buttered Toast Kernel included! - Big Thanks To bigwillyg
    Tweaks_zpsc0831c9f.png

Fully customizable init.qcom.post_boot.sh (Almost fool-proof, Easy to customize to your taste)
    Crazy tweaked out build.prop
    Crazy tweaked memory and sysctl
    Theme_zps9a0b4713.png

Themed to Blue by myself (Almost Complete)
    Mods_zpsf3dc305a.png

Google Now - Thanks to Google
    LeeDroid tweaks!-Thanks to Coolexe for the port
    Full Beats Support - Thanks to Coolexe for the original (modded by myself)
    4G/Wimax Speed Hack - Thanks cobraboy85
    CameraMod - Coolexe
    Playstation Certified Support - Coolexe
    Custom animations!
    Custom 3D Bootanimation [Edited to blue] - Thanks to binux-project
    Custom animated Sync Icon
    Custom Lock/Unlock Sounds
    Roaming options enabled
    1X/3G Mod
    5MB MMS
    SMS/MMS timestamp while roaming fix
    Xloud
    BraviaMod
    Removed_zpsd1abb1a3.png

Location Icon Removed
    Removed 4g not-connected notification
    Removed Spyware
    Added_zps9c6617a7.png

Code:
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Adfree[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Adobe Reader[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] BeatsNotifier[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] BeatsTweak[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Black keyboard with arrow keys[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Cache Cleaner[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Dolby-Mobile[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] ES File Explorer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Facebook Home[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] FlashPlayer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Gmail[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Google Play Store[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Google Plus[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Google Maps[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Google now[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Google Street[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Google Videos[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] HTC Flashlight[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] HtcQuickLaunch[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Kernel Tuner[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Mx Player[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] MIUI Security[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Noozxiode EIZO-Pro[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] OTA Updater[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] USB OTG Helper[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Wifi Tether[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0099ff] Youtube[/COLOR]
    Screenshot_2012-12-14-00-53-23_zps46802b4c.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-14-00-51-40_zps1f4bfa8e.png

Recognized Special Thanks:
    Here are a few people that help keep this rom going

bigwillyg - I can't thank this guy enough! He always helps with issues. you can always count on him to test roms and always has amazing kernel releases!
    coal686 - This guy has been around since the start of this Rom and has helped me and many users!
    ramjet73 - This guy is everywhere and has alot of knowledge with android. he's like an android library! He always has the right answer!
    shizkoff777 - Always motivating and encouraging!

These guys don't ask for a dime and do it out of kindness so...
    whenever any of these people post, hit that thanks button!
    [ROM] NegaLite-BluRom ICS | Download Section

ChangeLog_zps68e2fb2a.png

JCFunk ChangeLog

Downloads_zps16c0fe60.png

ROMs:
    - Sprint & Virgin Mobile in one Rom!

>>>Click Here To Download<<<

MD5: 9766d765825ca82cacaef65d0573a1ed
    IBM must have taken him offline after he beat Ken Jennings at Jeopardy. ;)

I was seriously wondering the same thing. He went from super active to gone. I know ch1naski got a "promotion" that keeps him very busy, but I'm not sure about ramjet.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Life happens, then we get busy. I for one work over 60 hours a week now, but it's worth it for me :) I now own an S4 so I've been working on a rom for that. I'll order a new screen for my 3d this weekend and keep my rom rolling :)
    r115 is released! :) Got the 3d screen fixed :)
    What is SVN?

Thanks :) It's always good to know I'm not doing this for nothing

Many people are asking what svn is:

If you want to get technical here you go: Apache Subversion

The quick gist:
    It's basically a medium for teams of coders to be able to work on one project and have that project in one location, instead of trying to merge many seperate projects into one later.

I don't really use it for that purpose, Basically file storage that gets you faster updates

Why use svn?:
    With svn, you get to download the roms as I release them, not wait once a week(it's basically updating daily)

Once you Download the first download(checkout), you no longer have to download 500+MB for each update, instead you get what I just changed for that commit(release) which is typically 5-10MB

So it's ALOT faster for flashaholics haha