Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Bluetooth HM5000

Search This thread

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
So i just got one of those Bluetooth Sticks Samsung showed off with the Galaxy Tab 7.7.. Ill let everyoe know if there are any issues...

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Heh. I'm sure it works quite well as a bluetooth device. Now the trick is to convince people that you're not just talking to your pen!

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Heh. I'm sure it works quite well as a bluetooth device. Now the trick is to convince people that you're not just talking to your pen!

Yeah right, I'm from NY everybody here talks into their pens, lol..

I had a sony ericsson BT headset that had a small LCD for caller ID.. i don't know why Samsung didn't put a LCD on this badboy there is clearly room for it.. It would just make it more functional and makes total sense.. when the phone rings i must look @ the tablet and decide if i want to take the call or not.. With an LCD on the BT headset all we would have to do is pick up the BT headset and we could see who is calling and decide take the call or decline it.. we are on the cutting edge fellas.. the cutting edge..

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
Yeah right, I'm from NY everybody here talks into their pens, lol..

I had a sony ericsson BT headset that had a small LCD for caller ID.. i don't know why Samsung didn't put a LCD on this badboy there is clearly room for it.. It would just make it more functional and makes total sense.. when the phone rings i must look @ the tablet and decide if i want to take the call or not.. With an LCD on the BT headset all we would have to do is pick up the BT headset and we could see who is calling and decide take the call or decline it.. we are on the cutting edge fellas.. the cutting edge..

I think I have mentioned this before, but I think the ultimate would be not only to incorporate a small LCD/OLED for things like caller ID, but also to include a 3.5mm jack on the top for external earphones if you wanted, as well as playback controls, with track info on the display. Then, as if that weren't awesome enough, add s-pen functionality on the tip! Now THAT would be a monster combination paired up with an s-pen compatible 7.7!

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
I think I have mentioned this before, but I think the ultimate would be not only to incorporate a small LCD/OLED for things like caller ID, but also to include a 3.5mm jack on the top for external earphones if you wanted, as well as playback controls, with track info on the display. Then, as if that weren't awesome enough, add s-pen functionality on the tip! Now THAT would be a monster combination paired up with an s-pen compatible 7.7!

That would take it over the top.. well i used it today for the first time.. its not bad now i need to figure out how to make google voice not prompt me to press 1 to answer a call on the tab.. its annoying every time having to open the tab and press 1 to accept a call..

Update - I think i found the setting on the GV settings page.. So i may be set...

Last edited:

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
That would take it over the top.. well i used it today for the first time.. its not bad now i need to figure out how to make google voice not prompt me to press 1 to answer a call on the tab.. its annoying every time having to open the tab and press 1 to accept a call..

Update - I think i found the setting on the GV settings page.. So i may be set...

How does the sound quality fare, both on your end and on the other person's end?

P.S. The design ideas above might be over the top to some, but if the form factor remains in tact, or is improved, it could still be a great idea. Essentially, it could open up a whole new market for tablets which have phone functionality. ASUS is doing something similar with their EeePad MeMO in the form of their MeMIC. Albeit, I don't think their design is quite as elegant as a tricked out HM5000 might be, but the principle is the same: turn your tablet into the central hub for everything mobile, thus simplifying things for your typical road warrior. I'm willing to bet that this sort of trend will start to take off in the near future, especially when you see companies experimenting with convergence devices such as the Note, the MeMO, the Padfone, etc. Basically, I think that bluetooth-only companion phones could soon open up an entirely new market for pairing up with tablets of any kind.

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
When i said over the top i meant it in a good way :), i havent had any complaints regarding sound quality so for now i am satisfied with it..

The bluetooth companion phone makes total sense.. I use phoneleash to receive and send sms from my main lines number and get various notifications from my Galaxy Nexus on my p6800. My battery on my Galaxy Nexus can now go for almost 2 days as i touch it much less now.. So your definately on to something Jayed Eyed Wolf.. As i said before were on the cutting edge man, the cutting edge..

Tab 7.7

Last edited:

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Lol.. I see ipad owners on the train look and with a look of envy in the eye while i hold the tab with 1 hand.. I must say i dont think incan ever use or own a 10 inch tablet again.. I guess im spoiled..

Tab 7.7

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
I still use my 10.1 around the house (especially in the kitchen while cooking), but the screen looks like a pile of garbage compared to the 7.7. And I used to think the screen on the 10.1 was really great! I suppose in a year or so the next great thing will make the 7.7 look like a faded CRT.

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
...And I used to think the screen on the 10.1 was really great! I suppose in a year or so the next great thing will make the 7.7 look like a faded CRT.

Nope it won't look like a faded CRT.

Think of it as an McLaren F1 supercar which is now 20 years+ old,
but doesn't look faded or dated at all.

Simply because you can only get slightly better when you've reached such quality. :)

Jun 28, 2008
Nice vid!
Do you leave it paired all the time in case of incoming calls? or do you just pair at the time of a call?
What's the toll on battery (both handset and tablet) with the first option?
Is the 2nd method (ad-hoc pairing) a practical method? (as in does the pairing take a long time?)

Thanks!

scarytas

Aug 5, 2009
I have not been able to with the headset.. If some one knows how please do tell...

Tab 7.7

Me neither, on a Blueant Q2.

Really keen to see if anyone has managed to get voice dialing working on any bluetooth headset of any brand.

Spoke to Samsung support here in Oz, but they were bloody useless. Indicated that they couldn't/wouldn't help as I wasn't using a Samsung headset. They said all Samsung headsets would work, but that doesn't appear to be the case from your experience with the HM5000

Top Liked Posts