Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Bluetooth HM5000

Search This thread

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
The HM5000 I ordered on ebay has arrived and looks legit. Shipping took about 8 days.

I really like it and it's a great addition to the 7.7 if you're using it as a phone. I quite like the vibrating feature too, and didn't actually realise it had that before I ordered.

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
The HM5000 I ordered on ebay has arrived and looks legit. Shipping took about 8 days.

I really like it and it's a great addition to the 7.7 if you're using it as a phone. I quite like the vibrating feature too, and didn't actually realise it had that before I ordered.

Does the earpiece on yours have the metal grate with lots of tiny holes like in the photo, or is plastic with three slats?

dotvoid

Jun 28, 2011
Berne
Hey, my hm5000 wont keep up the connection. The LED still flashes but it just says paired in preferences and not connected :-(

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
It's plastic with 3 slats. How about yours?

Yeah same here. Was kinda hoping for the metal, but I suppose that was a pre-production thing...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Hey, my hm5000 wont keep up the connection. The LED still flashes but it just says paired in preferences and not connected :-(

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

I get that with mine as well. I think it's some kind of power save feature. I find that it still responds even when the phone rings, or when you press the call button.

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
I get that with mine as well. I think it's some kind of power save feature. I find that it still responds even when the phone rings, or when you press the call button.

Yeah, power saving could be right. I noticed mine doing it when I hadn't charged it for a while. I charged it sunday night and so far it's stayed 'connected' though.

acidlung

Mar 11, 2011
I'm wondering if this device can be used somewhat hands-free. Has anybody tried using the HM5000 in their shirt pocket and having a conversation? Is the mic sensitive enough for that sort of use?

jabalos

Aug 20, 2012
i also have one but when i pair it, it shows the a different name all the functionality is gone. can someone enlighten me? is it possible to reprogram it? how?

skrallanuk

Nov 18, 2008
The problem Iam having with normal hands free head sets are that I cannot have it in my ear all day, in case somebody calls, and at work I have my work hands free plugged into my ear all day, and my tab sits on my desk with the hands free next to it. When I leave work i throw the tab and the head set in my hand bag, and later find out my tab has been dialing my mum constantly, bashing around in my bag and pressing the redial button.

I could consider this pen in case it is easy to keep in my jeans pocket or throw in my bag so that I would not be constantly make these dummy calls. So has anyone had any experience of this? Is the button on the pen located/shaped so that this would not happen if i e.g. keep it in my jeans pocket?

rebski

Jul 18, 2010
Mine has arrived this morning from Hong Kong. Everything seems fine but I want voice activation dialing to work.

I am unable to reflect the experience of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8UDIjCRIQ

Mistakes are made, wrong number and so on, but the reviewer gets info and feedback from the Pen so there is an effort being made on the part of the Pen to achieve the result. However the reviewer is using a Nokia N8 (whatever that might be:laugh:) and that may well be significant.

Also in this video the same reviewer says that he couldn't get it to work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbuID5AH90&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Samsung gives and Samsung takes away.:confused:

vbx

May 13, 2012
I just got mine from aliexpress. FAKE..... It works though.

3wsq.jpg

bnv3.jpg

simy.jpg

Top Liked Posts