CWM Recovery - E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

Search This thread

WillJitsu

Jun 7, 2010
Memphis
Last night I decided to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2. I downloaded the image file from this link:

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-shooter.img

I then used Flash Image GUI from the Play store to install the recovery. Everything seemed to work just fine. I was able to boot into recovery and the touch features worked.

Today, I created a backup using ROM Manager and it appeared to complete properly. However, now when I boot into Recovery, I get these errors:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

I've tried re-flashing the regular (non-touch) Recovery using ROM Manager and it installs, but I'm still getting the same errors when I boot into Recovery.

I can boot my phone normally and everything works just fine. I just can't do anything with Recovery anymore so I'm stuck on this ROM until I find a solution.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Reactions: M Eyamin

panku_etc

Jan 8, 2013
Mumbai
hii

Last night I decided to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2. I downloaded the image file from this link:

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-shooter.img

I then used Flash Image GUI from the Play store to install the recovery. Everything seemed to work just fine. I was able to boot into recovery and the touch features worked.

Today, I created a backup using ROM Manager and it appeared to complete properly. However, now when I boot into Recovery, I get these errors:

I've tried re-flashing the regular (non-touch) Recovery using ROM Manager and it installs, but I'm still getting the same errors when I boot into Recovery.

I can boot my phone normally and everything works just fine. I just can't do anything with Recovery anymore so I'm stuck on this ROM until I find a solution.

Hi friends
I solved my problem of CWM recovry error, shows same messages given above.
use this link it will help you definetly

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052813

Thankx

agresor360

Nov 2, 2010
errors

I have the same problem with errors but I´m unable to boot normaly it freeze on start logo... All what I can is go to CWM but here I Can´t flash new rom or restore my backup... It is brick :(

afshingm

Jan 27, 2014
Errors in clockworkmode recovery

hi everyone
i did a terrible thing and bought a china tablet ! :(
anyway, i installed a new clockworkmod v6.0.2.8 on the device and since then every time i turn on the device, i got these Errors :

E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

i tried these : wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache patition, backup and restore, install update.zip, install zip from sdcard, flashtools, odin (which doesn't work because phone don't have any home button !), heimdall, wiping and installing multiple roms .
i even tried to open the clockworkmod .img file from the trick i find in xda forum and put the extract files into a update.zip and fix the problem !!!
but unfortunately the .img file can't be extracted with :ext4_unpacker and ext2explore . it says : unknown file format ! :eek:
i know the tablet is not bricked . because if it was, should not turned on and went to clockworkmod instantly and stuck in the errors i just typed !
if anyone knows how can i fix the problem, please help !
i will be Appreciated !
thank u .

Sabya@1980

Jan 18, 2016
i cant installl custom rom in my xolo q1010i through cwm recovery. every time its says E: cant open/cache/recovery. plz tell me how to solve this errors?

SUBHAM ROY

Nov 26, 2016
please help me to fix my phone

my micromax A106 phone is not staring.In cwm recovry mod it's showing the comand below.plz give me a solution.

Max Zubair

Jun 28, 2014
Install TWRP recovery , Select wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select System/Cache/Data (one at a time) > Repair or change file system > select FAT and swipe . :)

raziansari

Jan 22, 2018
Hi,

am using lenovo a6000 plus. it was stuck at boot logo, so itried to format wit the help of "wipe data"....now its showing up E: cant mount recovery...
could some help to solve the issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.