[MODS][VR THEME MORPHS]Theme Your Rom The Way YOU want it

Search This thread

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Well i am not planning to make any new theme zips now because i don't have time but maybe in the near future i became interested in this vrtheme just recently when i discovered it in a flashable zip it can be used on nearly all tablets with same OS version or so most of the theme zips i have seen require you to decompile the systemUI,framework-res and add the files and then recompile itand make zip and flash it so in other words i was wondering if you could show me how to make this flashable zip or a link to show me the tutorial.......would be really greatefull if you would/.........:highfive:

Also what is the framework background the background pic of the system apk or so

and also what is SLIDER SCRUBBERS

Here is a link to learn more about The VR Theming http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207017

okay a short answer to your first question is something like this;

For "MOST" of the .PNG files you can just EXTRACT them from the .apk and they do NOT need to be decompiled to modify them for use in the VR Theme mod. This is for the regular ".png".

Now I did say MOST. There are certain ".9.png" files that to do correctly you DO need to decompile the .apk, then while decompiled you can make the changes to those .9.PNG files, then recompile the .apk again. At that point you can then EXTRACT the .9.png files from the .apk and put them into a VR Theme zip and they will work. Most of the time the .9.png files are icon files that are being resized to the needed sizes needed by an .XML file. BUT once you DO HAVE a correctly modded (decompiled,edited,recompiled) .9.png file you will not have to RE DO it each time but can JUST BE USED in any VR Theme zip. Hope I am making some sense here. If you need more info on how to edit .9.png files I can find you some links for that. Plus I can point you in the right direction to some HOW TO's for theming (you didn't specify if you already know HOW to decompile and recompile .apk's).

Framework Background are a couple of .png files that are used in many places of the OS. For instance the "Settings" background among others. You will usually have TWO files (sometimes three depending on your OS and ROM.) They are usually named "tw_background_holo_dark.png", "tw_background_holo_light.png", and "background_holo_dark.png" and are located in the framework-res.apk/ drawable-nodpi folder as well as in whichever folder your OS/ROM uses like drawable-hdpi or drawable-xhdpi or drawable-xxhdpi (which will depend on the OS, ROM, and Your phones screen size to WHICH folder is used.

SliderScrubbers are the icon that is used for any SLIDING BAR, for example the volume slider, the brightness slider, etc
1380994883245.jpg

Sent From My Spiderman Themed I337

Jeetu

Here is a link to learn more about The VR Theming http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207017

For "MOST" of the .PNG files you can just EXTRACT them from the .apk and they do NOT need to be decompiled to modify them for use in the VR Theme mod. This is for the regular ".png".

Now I did say MOST. There are certain ".9.png" files that to do correctly you DO need to decompile the .apk, then while decompiled you can make the changes to those .9.PNG files, then recompile the .apk again. At that point you can then EXTRACT the .9.png files from the .apk and put them into a VR Theme zip and they will work. Most of the time the .9.png files are icon files that are being resized to the needed sizes needed by an .XML file. BUT once you DO HAVE a correctly modded (decompiled,edited,recompiled) .9.png file you will not have to RE DO it each time but can JUST BE USED in any VR Theme zip. Hope I am making some sense here. If you need more info on how to edit .9.png files I can find you some links for that. Plus I can point you in the right direction to some HOW TO's for theming (you didn't specify if you already know HOW to decompile and recompile .apk's).

Framework Background are a couple of .png files that are used in many places of the OS. For instance the "Settings" background among others. You will usually have TWO files (sometimes three depending on your OS and ROM.) They are usually named "tw_background_holo_dark.png", "tw_background_holo_light.png", and "background_holo_dark.png" and are located in the framework-res.apk/ drawable-nodpi folder as well as in whichever folder your OS/ROM uses like drawable-hdpi or drawable-xhdpi or drawable-xxhdpi (which will depend on the OS, ROM, and Your phones screen size to WHICH folder is used.

SliderScrubbers are the icon that is used for any SLIDING BAR, for example the volume slider, the brightness slider, etc
View attachment 2304308

which toggles are you using mate. Please can you share it

Thanks

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
[/HIDE]

which toggles are you using mate. Please can you share it

Thanks

They are from Morphology in the ATT S3 Section. I was given the okay to use them in the themes I created. I have made themes with them included for the S3 varients and S4 ATT i337. I can ask the themer who made them to see if he would be okay if I made them available here. Or you can grab them iut of one of my themes or morphology for personal use.

Sent from my WIFES i337

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata

View attachment 2304308

Hi I have gone through your information and thanks for it as you can guess I am new to android theming checked out the link about villain theme system and well just wanted to ask all you have to do is to unzip the template add the required files then zip them back but do we have to sign the zip ? Also thanks for the name of the background PNG files was searching for a background file in a theme.apk also I would appreciate it if you would post the tutorials and one more thing do you know any link to any thread in which it says which PNG or .9.PNG goes where
A VERY BIG THANKS WOULD LOVE TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON MORE TN ONCE...........:D

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Hi I have gone through your information and thanks for it as you can guess I am new to android theming checked out the link about villain theme system and well just wanted to ask all you have to do is to unzip the template add the required files then zip them back but do we have to sign the zip ? Also thanks for the name of the background PNG files was searching for a background file in a theme.apk also I would appreciate it if you would post the tutorials and one more thing do you know any link to any thread in which it says which PNG or .9.PNG goes where
A VERY BIG THANKS WOULD LOVE TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON MORE TN ONCE...........:D

Yes just take the template for your device and just unzip it, add your files into the appropriate locations, then zip it back up.

Second I don't know of any threads as to what/where the files go. It is more of a learning process (at least it was for me). I started with just extracting each .apk (systemui.apk, Settings.apk or SecSettings.apk, and framework-res.apk are what consist of most of the used files within a ROM and what you probably want to theme first.) Once you have those files themed then you can go on to further apps (.apks) like MMS.apk/Secmms.apk, etc. Another way for you is check out and download maybe one of each of the files from the OP and unzip them. This will give you an idea if what each file looks like and us named. Also between firmware versions some .png file names are changed either by name slightly or by their location inside of an .apk. So this is where just unzipping .apk helps to familiarize with where and how. Another good resource would be finding other themes that are in vr theme zips and unzipping them. This will help you see where and what the ongs most used are located. In my S3 and S4 themes I have themed MUCH if the .pngs inside. But other themes may have more of the basics to start off with the theming.

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata
Yes just take the template for your device and just unzip it, add your files into the appropriate locations, then zip it back up.

Second I don't know of any threads as to what/where the files go. It is more of a learning process (at least it was for me). I started with just extracting each .apk (systemui.apk, Settings.apk or SecSettings.apk, and framework-res.apk are what consist of most of the used files within a ROM and what you probably want to theme first.) Once you have those files themed then you can go on to further apps (.apks) like MMS.apk/Secmms.apk, etc. Another way for you is check out and download maybe one of each of the files from the OP and unzip them. This will give you an idea if what each file looks like and us named. Also between firmware versions some .png file names are changed either by name slightly or by their location inside of an .apk. So this is where just unzipping .apk helps to familiarize with where and how. Another good resource would be finding other themes that are in vr theme zips and unzipping them. This will help you see where and what the ongs most used are located. In my S3 and S4 themes I have themed MUCH if the .pngs inside. But other themes may have more of the basics to start off with the theming.

Thank a lot that was very very helpfull just one more thing when we zip the vrtheme do we need to sign the zip file??

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata
Cool! Happy Theming in your future

Hi again i just made my new vrtheme and it is awesome i really need to thank you a lot since i was searching a lot for vrtheme when i did not know that its full name is called the villian theme system (where does the r come in the villan theme system its not a shortform).

And a few more things----

1) Since i have twrp recovery i use the twrp template but your other template also works that is your themes and i love one of your background themes

2) Another thing is that when i opened the template file there is a png file called preview with nothing in it any guess what it is for

3) I use hdpi in my tablet but can i use xhdpi icons in my tablet which is set to hdpi setting in short can i transfer the xhdpi icon to the hdpi folder and use it for better quality or will it just look weird of not scale

3) third and the last i know this is not the thread for it but since you have been using vrtheme i wanted to know if you know anything about metamorph app since it does almost the same thing. I am having some problem in it........anyway i really thank you a LOT:victory:

Reactions: SteveMurphy

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Hi again i just made my new vrtheme and it is awesome i really need to thank you a lot since i was searching a lot for vrtheme when i did not know that its full name is called the villian theme system (where does the r come in the villan theme system its not a shortform).

And a few more things----

1) Since i have twrp recovery i use the twrp template but your other template also works that is your themes and i love one of your background themes

2) Another thing is that when i opened the template file there is a png file called preview with nothing in it any guess what it is for

3) I use hdpi in my tablet but can i use xhdpi icons in my tablet which is set to hdpi setting in short can i transfer the xhdpi icon to the hdpi folder and use it for better quality or will it just look weird of not scale

3) third and the last i know this is not the thread for it but since you have been using vrtheme i wanted to know if you know anything about metamorph app since it does almost the same thing. I am having some problem in it........anyway i really thank you a LOT:victory:

Share a screenshot of your theme, let's have a look!

Sent from the i777

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010

1. If the vr theme format I used work for you then use them as your template if you want. Or just use whichever theme part you like.

2. Preview is not really used for much as far as I can tell. I have deleted it out sometimes, and other times I use a screenshot of my theme and change the name to the theme name (from "preview"). I like doing that since it gives me a quick look at which theme it is while I am going through them.

3. You CAN switch any xhdpi icon into hdpi folder but they will NOT rescale. EXCEPT the .9.png icons since they are made for scaling to different sizes a bit. You could also manually resize any of the xhdpi icons to what is used in your tablets hdpi folder. For example if the xhdpi icon is 96×96 pixels you can resize it to the hdpi size of 72×72.

Top Liked Posts