[App][2.2+]Vire Launcher

Search This thread

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
App updated off Play a few times lately, so tried the latest-and-greatest. Comments:

1. New screen-editor is the best. Simple, intuitive, beyond any others I have tried.

2. Need option for more base-items, rows, columns. I regularly use more the four rows in Trebuchet. Minimum icon/widget size is much too big. (Better on "pro" version?)

3. Folders appreciated, their addition is OK, might want immediate option to enter a name if is done using a menu item. Resize expanded folder to its contents.

4. Clock's app-space is like a second homescreen. So what I tried to to was get along with one homescreen plus the clock. Need more rows and columns, just by my experience with other launchers.

5. Need access to system-settings from the usual key. or more icons on the bottom.

6. Holoweb browser not recognized or shown in app drawer.

winograd

Dec 8, 2009
As many of you noticed, Vire Launcher just got an major update, and alongside we launched Vire Launcher Premium. Please see the announcement in this thread.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

This should be now fixed in the latest version

It would be great to be able to select number of rows/columns on app drawer & desktop, and also being able to hide apps on the app drawer.

Ability to customize number of rows and columns is a planned feature and will be available soon.

App updated off Play a few times lately, so tried the latest-and-greatest. Comments:

1. New screen-editor is the best. Simple, intuitive, beyond any others I have tried.

2. Need option for more base-items, rows, columns. I regularly use more the four rows in Trebuchet. Minimum icon/widget size is much too big. (Better on "pro" version?)

3. Folders appreciated, their addition is OK, might want immediate option to enter a name if is done using a menu item. Resize expanded folder to its contents.

4. Clock's app-space is like a second homescreen. So what I tried to to was get along with one homescreen plus the clock. Need more rows and columns, just by my experience with other launchers.

5. Need access to system-settings from the usual key. or more icons on the bottom.

6. Holoweb browser not recognized or shown in app drawer.

Folders can be renamed by clicking the title bar when folder is open.

Is Holoweb installed on SD card? In the past versions Vire Launcher had a bug with apps on SD card, where upon phone reboot some icons didn't appear in app drawer. This issue *should* be fixed in the latest version, though.

arehm

Apr 17, 2011
Re: [App][2.2+]Vire Launcher Beta[14feb]

Thanks! I will be checking it out again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Luzmo

Dec 26, 2011
Beautiful!

This is really fast and beatiful launcher. Althought it's still in beta and folders are really useful for me so I can't use it atm :/ But probably will use immediately when folders arrive :)

ipred

Oct 4, 2010
I paid for it but i won't use it until i see some changes.

1.The crystal effect is faster that it should be.It' lacks the smoothness of the first beta and the effect is nice if you watch it more slowly.It would be nice of you give us the option to choose scrolling speed like the option we have in other launchers.I also think ( maybe it's only my idea) that you changed a little bit the round line of the glass after the first beta and made it darker with more rounded edges.I prefer a lot more the glass of the first beta but maybe it's only my idea.Sorry if i am wrong and it's only my idea.

2.The appdrawer lacks smoothness ( an option for slower scrolling speed is also needed ) and i didn't see an option of tabs in order to organize our apps in groups and and an option for background transparency.

3.No option of grid rows and columns.

4.No option of scrollable dock in order to add more dock rows.No option of adding more than 5 apps in the dock.

5.When adding a 4x4 widget ( for example playerpro ) i need several times to scoll with long figure movement in order to get to the the next homescreen or i need to make the movement twice.It' like less sensitive in my touch.

6.When i open an app (dialer,sms,notes etch) i see a black screen for a little while.

Besides the missing options and the problems i mentioned, i liked the fact that you added infinite scroll of homescreens and i liked the folders.:)

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
As many of you noticed, Vire Launcher just got an major update, and alongside we launched Vire Launcher Premium. Please see the announcement in this thread.
Ability to customize number of rows and columns is a planned feature and will be available soon.
Great

Folders can be renamed by clicking the title bar when folder is open.
Yes, obvious. In Trebuchet, one makes a folder my simply overlaying app icons so I need another step to rename it. My point was that if I click add folder, might be convenient to name at this point. Minor UI idea.

Is Holoweb installed on SD card? In the past versions Vire Launcher had a bug with apps on SD card, where upon phone reboot some icons didn't appear in app drawer. This issue *should* be fixed in the latest version, though.

Holoweb and the majority of the apps are linked to the sdext partition using link2sd.

NapalmDawn

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh
I tried searching the thread but couldn't find info on this. Will there be an ability to have vire launcher support rotation?

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Latest and greatest:

Launcher themes->basic gets my full color icons back. So replaced the vire stock-icons with normal ones. Pebble or outline will give outlined-white icons instead. The 3-D effects on these do not show up on my phone.

With a couple of larger widgets such as custon-ics-search and genie-news on the clock's pull-down, it is easy to get along with a single home screen with eight folders which can hold multiple icons. Maybe three homescreens in the end but being able to have a 5x5 grid would be a big plus in any choice. Being able to have multiple docks (like current Trebuchet) or more icons or scrollable would be nice as well.

I solved the settings-access issue but placing their icon on my "utitilies" folder.

The missing app bug is indeed a problem:
Missing Holoweb browser is link2sd-linked to the sdext partition.
Link2sd itself is on the sdcard (native method) is also missing.
Most other sdcard-based and linked apps DO show up!

Neglecting this issue, this has become a beautiful, solid alternative launcher.

StormRoBoT

Oct 21, 2012
i saw one the developer website, it says features such as Capsule, Urban and more is coming soon, since I already purchased Vire Launcher Premium, do I still need to buy this new features ?

lPatriciaNl

Mar 27, 2009
Hi, does someone know how to return standart apps menu?
This menu is good, but there is no apportunetly to create folders in it.

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
Metal clock Widget

hi guys,

I am using this launcher on my dell streak 5 and as dell comes wit only 512mb ram is lagging alot.The best thing about this launcher is no mattr how worse the ram space gets it never crashes on me.:good:

I was wondering can someone get me the Metalic clock widget embedded in this launcher.Would be of a really great deal of help appreciate it:)

vasilisaerox

Aug 21, 2013
i got the urban and it not have the metal clock with the weather but in the settings its says that if you want to have the weather showed in the clock....anyone know something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends...

A amazing launcher launched on play store...

pls note that i m not the developer of vire launcher

For more information, visit http://www.virelabs.com
    Feel free to contact in case of launcher problem or feedback: support@virelabs.com
    ---
    http://www.facebook.com/virelabs
    http://www.twitter.com/virelabs
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/118076862226286766462/posts

Description
    Vire Launcher quickly improves your smartphone experiences.

***** Most beautiful launcher in the store!
    ***** Awesome !! :D
    ***** Great launcher
    ***** We have a newcomer!
    Try it now for free! This fast, fluid and power friendly custom home screen makes low-end Android phones feel like high-end and adds realistic 3D effects into all devices. Vire Launcher previews some cool features, such as real-time lighting, 3D transitions and automatic theming of all UI elements, including widgets and icons.
    Vire Launcher supports features such as dynamic grid, widget resize, screen manager and folder support – even with older Android versions. You can test out the multi-functional Vire Clock by swiping it down from the clock area and adding application shortcuts and widgets to the revealed panel area.
    This is a beginning of how our technology changes the barriers of icon-based thinking. We can combine any 3D object and UI element together and freely place them using innovations such as Vire physics/FX/layout engines, software MRT and Virtual Window Manager. Our UI engine is designed from ground up for multi-core support and load-balancing. As it includes tomorrows atomic object architecture and design, it is fully packed to be future-proof.
    Stay tuned for eye-opening launchers!
    New features in following releases:
    - High-performance widget mode
    - Landscape and tablet support
    - And much more...

DOWNLOAD VIRE LAUNCHER FROM PLAYSTORE LINK
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vire.launcher
    anyone have the apk for this launcher? something is wrong with my androidmarket

I've attached the latest Vire Launcher APK v1.5.5.8.2.
    I Like this Launcher :D ...its Good with 3D & Transparency effect but one problem is it uses around 55mb to 60mb ram :silly: ... so for who using 512mb or less ram phone this launcher is not affordable for them... so plz fix this huge ram usage problem and plz also add the App Drawer Own Order app sorting option :good:

Hi all, I'm the CTO of Vire Labs Ltd.

First, thanks to all of you for all the good feedback, it's very valuable to us! Keep them coming.

We are actively working on reducing the memory consumption of the launcher, and will keep updating the beta launcher at Google Play. That being said, 55 to 60mb seems a bit high and we usually see less than that. It would help if you could give more details about your phone, such as how many applications you have installed, and the resolution of the display. Bot these factor into how much texture memory we are going to need at peak memory usage.

The "own order" feature is a good suggestion and we'll put it to our work queue! While the application window of Vire Launcher doesn't yet allow user to freely order the applications, one can stow away icons in the panel area of the included Vire Clock. Just swipe down from the metal clock and it reveals a panel area you can place your icons and widgets to. The application window currently support sorting alphabetically (A-Z, Z-A), as well as having four categories for apps (All, User installed, Most frequently used, and Recently used).

/Jani Huhtanen
    Again thanks to all for great feedback! It's really good to hear so many of you enjoying the unique look and feel of the launcher, since this exactly what we are after!

Nice launcher but I think battery life will be drastically reduced. The accelerometer is in constant use for that nice clock effect. That will drain a lot of battery.

While accelerometer usage will certainly increase power consumption, we don't believe it will make the launcher power consumption unacceptable. If you personally feel that the increased power usage isn't acceptable, then you can disable the sensor based reflections by unchecking "Enable reflections". Note that this doesn't disable the lighting effects, only the sensor part of it.

- slow down the animations of the home screen transitions and/or allow the speed of the animations to be specified.
    - the cube animations would be super awesome with the "crystal" effect added
    - gestures (swipe up and down)
    - add ability to manage home screen(s)
    - for themes: i love the outlines but the ability to choose other single color outlines would be super
    - what about the ability to apply the outline effect to the app drawer?

Thanks for the suggestions!

We will certainly enable home screen management in very near future. The final product will have the ability to choose the color for the outline effect, as well as having a plethora of other icon effects. We will likely add options for controlling the animations as well.

What new applets do you have planned for the launcher?

There are certainly more applets at works. For what kind of applets, I'll leave it as an surprise for now (but expect at least more clock styles) :)

--
    Jani Huhtanen
    CTO, Vire Labs Ltd.
    Launcher is Good But One Problem

I Like this Launcher :D ...its Good with 3D & Transparency effect but one problem is it uses around 55mb to 60mb ram :silly: ... so for who using 512mb or less ram phone this launcher is not affordable for them... so plz fix this huge ram usage problem and plz also add the App Drawer Own Order app sorting option :good: